Tue, Oct 22, 1:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: 3D Celebrities continued-mystery solved

Talos ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 2:37 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:38 AM

file_391785.jpg

Livia: Monica Belucci. This one had me stumped. I have Livia, and didn't know who the hell she was. I don't think anyone got it right. Livia is an ancient Roman name, and Monica's Italian. I think. My renders are not the last word in CGI excellence, which actually helped simplify it for me. What nailed it was when I tried this up-do which made her look like the character Monica played in that "Irreversible" horror movie. 3D Celebrity is like a will o the wisp taking with her the Lucy Liu and free Elizabeth Taylor. I am accursed.

ghelmer ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 4:09 AM

I don't see it...  To me (this is just MY opinion) they don;t look a thing alike, and not just from the included pic (which is a good likeness to Monica Belucci) but real photos of her. 

Call me crazy but I wouldn't associate the two at all. 

The 3D Celebrity thing is way too subjective to nail down unless it's blatantly obvious like "Star" being Marilyn Monroe and "Trixie" being Uma Thurman.  The Cat Knights that's supposed to be Michelle Pfiefer I can almost see, the Kate Beckinsale one looks pretty much like her at most angles, but most of the other 3D Celebrities are too like & unlike at the same time too many celebrities to really 100% identify. 

Gerard

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

mickmca ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 7:59 AM

I'm convinced that 90% of "celebrity" look alike is texture. I've seen eggs with Arnold's face projected on them. Viola!!! looks like Schwarznegger. Well, duh.

I bought Cat Knight, being obsessed with Michelle Pfeiffer (gorgeous at any age after 25). It gets the distinctive tucks on her nose right, and almost gets the unusual upper lip and the curl (which Claire Danes also has, oddly enough). Put the right hair on her, and I can "see" MP. But otherwise I agree. With the exception of 3D Celebrities' MM, I don't think I've ever looked at a Poser "celebrity look alike" and said, without a hint, "That's so and so," much less actually recognized the intended. Well, Ok. Alan Alda.  ... and Rickman.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 8:09 AM · edited Fri, 26 October 2007 at 8:12 AM

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

surreality ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 8:25 AM

I'm not seeing Liv Tyler at all there, either, but I do think she has a "Monica" that is more Monica Belucci.

-D
---
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye texture.

Talos ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 10:20 AM

If it's this "Livia" by Sylermermaid, then the celebrity is actually Liv Tyler."
No, Livia by 3DCelebrity, whose version of Liv Tyler is called "Lilly"
I'm not aware of that other one.
"The 3D Celebrity thing is way too subjective"
I'll say. I give up. I'm getting scared. I think the star's name could be tattooed on the forehead and still someone is going to say, "No, that is Mary Tyler Moore."
I give up. I think it was an excellent guess. One person thought it was an obscure actress from Xena the Warrior Princess who has blue eyes even.
Poser likenesses are very fragile. Change the expression too much and you can lose it.
The best one could be Voyager Knights because Jeri Ryan is slightly odd-looking, as are many of my favorite beautiful women. That way no one can say "I don't see it. That is Cheryl Ladd."
It's Jaclyn Smith. Woohoo! :-)

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 10:20 AM

Quote - I'm not seeing Liv Tyler at all there, either, but I do think she has a "Monica" that is more Monica Belucci.

Look closer at the nose.

They can't use the celeb's really name so they use parody's to give hints. In this case it would be taboo to call a Liv Tyler look-a-like "Liv", so it's extended to "Livia".

surreality ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 10:23 AM

I realize that, but I just don't see it at all. I tend to consider the 3d celebrity emulations much like those visual puzzles -- sometimes I can see them, sometimes I just don't. (Random too little sleep reference: "It's a schooner!" Ahem. wink)

-D
---
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye texture.

Talos ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 1:09 PM

"They can't use the celeb's really name so they use parody's to give hints. In this case it would be taboo to call a Liv Tyler look-a-like "Liv", so it's extended to "Livia"."
Syltermermaid's Livia is most definitely Liv Tyler. She leaves an unusually blatant hint for this kind of thing - "A character from Middle Earth". I started this thread over the very brunette, brown-eyed 3DCelebrity Livia at DAZ3D. I didn't know there was another.
(Sylter? Was this user name created on a day when the reading glasses could not be found?)
Because of the artists being unable to tell you who the darn thing is, 3D Celebrities for Poser have become 3D Rorshack Blots where everyone sees what they want to see. It's like a psychological social phenomenon.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 4:24 PM

Quote - She leaves an unusually blatant hint for this kind of thing - "A character from Middle Earth".

Duh! I failed to see the description here either!

Quote - I proudly present Livia. I used as a model a character from a book about Middle Earth, and used for the face morph, photos of a real woman. I didn't give her elf ears, so it is up to you if you see in her the elf or just a beautiful woman.

But I'm a huge fan of Liv Tyler (well, of Arwen actually), so I knew instantly who it was supposed to resemble just from the picture, and the name was a dead giveaway to me too.

Yes, some look-a-like morphs can be somewhat ambiguous, while others there is no mistaking.

I have been seeking a Pam Anderson look-a-like, and someone gave me a link to adamthwaights site where he apparently has one. But I don't see "Pam Anderson" in that morph at all, so I'm still on the lookout for one.

Carioca ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 9:00 PM

Question: what celebrity is 3DCelebrity Belle?

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 9:33 PM · edited Fri, 26 October 2007 at 9:35 PM

Quote - Question: what celebrity is 3DCelebrity Belle?

I think it's supposed to be Britney Spears before she fell into the gutter with her career crashing down around her.

EDIT: Actually no.  Mandy = Britney Spears

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 10:13 PM

...that's not Jeri Ryan, that's 7 of 9...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Talos ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 10:46 PM

I'm pretty sure Mandy is the Victoria 3 Britney Spears, so it's remotely possible 3DCelebrity Belle could be a V4 version. -Doesn't strike me as a dead on likeness of anyone I can think of, though, whereas Mandy is pretty successful, and one of the more obvious ones.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 7:32 PM

Sorry if this steps on any toes, but my take on the whole celebrity morph thing is this: if you aren't sure who it is by looking at the picture, then it's not really that good of a likeness. For example, Fygomatic could name his Jessica Alba character "Joseph Benson", but it would still be blatantly obvious that it's Jessica Alba.

IMNSHO, the Mandy character strongly resembles Britney's early look. One might mistakenly think it's a Jessica Simpson character, but even that's not too far off the mark. OTOH, "Belle" is a very good likeness of...V4 with blonde hair. If anything, she looks like someone used creative camera angles and existing morphs to make her look slightly like Sara Michelle Gellar. I would actually consider buying Belle, since the textures look superb. I just don't consider her to be a very convincing celebrity likeness.

Disclaimer: I'm very good at discerning faces in real life, so slight differentation from what my brain considers to be a given person's known appearance (makeup effects excluded) throws up the "that don't look like 'em" flag for me :) I'm probably in the upper 10-20% as far as this ability is concerned.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.