Sun, Oct 6, 7:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: CrossDresser 2.3 Out

kalon ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 6:02 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:37 AM

ssgbryan mentioned it in another thread, but in case you missed it...

Support has been added for Gumdrops, the G2 Men, Krystal, Kiki, Terai Yuki 2, Wapi Pu, Kyle 1.5 and.... Miki 2. I know a lot of people have been waiting for that one.**

kalonart.com

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 10:12 AM

Yep, got my money for the G2 Males & Miki last night.

Circumvent ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 12:13 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the upgrade.  I do have a question regarding the program.  I purchased a license to convert clothing to Matt3.  I converted a pair of cargo skater pants for Luke3 to Matt3 which was successful.  When loading it in Poser 7 and conforming the cargo pants to Matt3, Poser 7 locks up.  When loading it in Poser 6, it's fine.  Is it me, or is Poser 7 still buggy.  Thanks.
Adrian

kalon ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 12:17 PM

I haven't used CrossDresser with anything but Poser 7, haven't experienced any lockups yet (fingers crossed)

kalonart.com

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 8:31 PM

I'm trying to install Crossdresser. I've installed 3 licenses, but for some reason when I try to use Crossdresser it says that I don't have any subscriptions.

Running Vista if that makes a difference.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 8:52 PM

Quote - I'm trying to install Crossdresser. I've installed 3 licenses, but for some reason when I try to use Crossdresser it says that I don't have any subscriptions.

Running Vista if that makes a difference.

I had this happen to me at first too. I would add the figure license in the same place I installed XD. I did the part where it said accepted. Then when I went to use it, it would say no license installed. I kept doing it though and it worked out. I have XP and Poser 6 btw.

Right now, the issues I'm having are when I go to add a runtime, I get an "invalid filename". All of a sudden, the Program files is my default and that's why I get that message. It wasn't doing that before. Also, XD often freezes up when I use the HIGH settings. Many times after saying a conversion is done, it's not converted in my libraries. I then have to X out of XD and do it all over again. Usually works the second time. All minor things as I eventually get my clothes converted and neatly too. :)

I'm very pleased overall.

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 9:12 PM

I do notice now that I go on the page that it doesn't mention being Vista compatible. Anyone know if that might be the reason why it's not working?

jonnybode ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 2:05 AM

Hi Deecey!

My copy of Crossdresser also says "no current subscription" and I think that is how it should be, however under "installed figures" I have a "yes" next to the character license ive bougth.

Does it look the same for you?

Regards / Jonny

vercingotorix ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 3:32 AM

I've just installed Vd2.3, got V4 and Girl licences. I tried converting V3 clothing to the girl but it looks like it needs a 5 tonne steam press to get all the wrinkles out, any idea where i'm going wrong?

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 6:22 AM · edited Sun, 28 October 2007 at 6:28 AM

Jonny ... no, I don't get anything in the Installed Figures columns. It's telling me that I have to install them.

There are other issues, too, that appear to be Vista Related. When I try to click the question marks for opening the Help files, the program reports that it's looking for them in a location other than where they were installed. It seems that Vista silently puts files in different locations in the background, which might relate to the problem I'm having here.

Santel ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 10:20 AM

Hi, I got it recently and only had one problem in regards to file locations. I'm running Vista ultimate and Poser 7. Mine does say  'no current subscription' at the bottom left but at the right under 'installed figures' everything is loaded that I bought. I think the subscription thing is related to something not needed for the program to run. If you ignore it and convert the clothing, it should work. A complex garment on 'high quality' can take as much as 45 minutes on my machine which is a dual core 3gighz. The falloff zones might need tweaking though. My intial problem was that the program did not make directories as per their help file and only for the main runtime as well. If you convert clothes in an added runtime, you must manually create an '!convert' folder at the top of your character folder since the program only does this for the main folder whereas in the added runtimes it was creating subfolders named 'evilinnocence!converted' and not saving anything there! I found this out by trial and error. Once I created the proper folders, everything worked fine and I could find the conversions there.

Hope this helps

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 3:41 PM

Here's a question ...

Do you have to have a version of Poser installed, or would a DAZ Studio runtime folder work as well?

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 10:01 PM

OK, I figured out what the problem might have been.

I downloaded the full 2.3 version. For some reason, it didn't install completely.

So I went back and downloaded 2.0 and the three patches. Everything is working fine after installing that way. So I thought I'd let someone know in case they have the same problem.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 12:25 AM

Subscriptions are totally separate from individual figure licences. From the help file:

CrossDresser Licensing

The CrossDresser program itself is free to download.  Converting clothing from a figure does not require a license for that figure.  However, to convert clothing to a figure, you will need to purchase a license for that figure.  You can do this in one of two ways:

Purchase an individual figure license:

This will give you a perpetual license to use the CrossDresser to convert clothing to that particular figure.  This type of license is required if you wish to distribute any clothing you convert with the CrossDresser.

Purchase a subscription to the CrossDresser:

This will give you a license to convert clothing to any of the figures the CrossDresser currently supports.  This license continues as long as you continue your subscription.  This type of licensing is good if you want to convert clothing to many characters.  However, this is only a personal license.  Clothing you convert under this license is for personal use only, and may not be re-distributed.

Paloth ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 12:36 AM

Subscriptions? Individual licenses? I think I'll stick with Wardrobe Wizard.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2007 at 7:45 AM · edited Mon, 29 October 2007 at 7:47 AM

Quote - Subscriptions are totally separate from individual figure licences. From the help file:

CrossDresser Licensing

The CrossDresser program itself is free to download.  Converting clothing from a figure does not require a license for that figure.  However, to convert clothing to a figure, you will need to purchase a license for that figure.  You can do this in one of two ways:

Purchase an individual figure license:

This will give you a perpetual license to use the CrossDresser to convert clothing to that particular figure.  This type of license is required if you wish to distribute any clothing you convert with the CrossDresser.

Purchase a subscription to the CrossDresser:

This will give you a license to convert clothing to any of the figures the CrossDresser currently supports.  This license continues as long as you continue your subscription.  This type of licensing is good if you want to convert clothing to many characters.  However, this is only a personal license.  Clothing you convert under this license is for personal use only, and may not be re-distributed.

Me, personally, I read that and understood it, but when I installed my figure license...at first it would say no license installed. I kept re-adding it; pressing yes or agreed then it  finally worked. I just wanted to clarify since I quoted the person and she did put "subcription" and I said it happened to me too. I meant with the "license".

enigmafox ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 10:03 PM

I am problems with this program, does anyone have any luck? or did i just get ripped off?

Don't let failures get to your heart, and also do not let success get to your head.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.