Sat, Aug 3, 9:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: poserworld.com gone??

bnetta ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2007 at 11:07 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 4:08 AM

i can't get it to come up.
anyone else?
netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

onnetz ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2007 at 11:31 PM

I just pinged the site and it timed out, so yeah its down.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 1:00 AM · edited Sat, 03 November 2007 at 1:01 AM

This is bad, given I just paid for a lifetime membership.  Email to orders@poserworld.com also bounced.

Paloth ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 1:04 AM

Don't jump to any conclusions. Sites go down all the time before they come back up.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 1:05 AM · edited Sat, 03 November 2007 at 1:13 AM

I also haven't received my CD after a month, and there's been very little new content posted on the site in the month I've been a member.  I have a phone number to contact during the day if the site still isn't back online.

There are many avenues, including this forum, that could be used to inform PW subscribers of the reason for the problem.

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 2:11 AM

2:10AM Central, poserworld.com is now available.

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 6:06 AM

Message from Allen as posted at the PW Forum

The main server is shutting down randomly, it appears it happened again last night around 10pm eastern standard, luckily I woke at 2am and discovered the server being offline.

I am trying to figure out what is causing it. I have several suspicions, one of which is a memory problem, problem is you have to replace a whole bank (4 sticks) at a time rather than a single chip. The server has 12 gigabytes of RAM in it, 4 gigs (one bank) is about 550.00 dollars. I have done a few other things that I have suspect might be a culprit, I am hoping it is, I would rather not have to come up with and spend 550+ dollars and find out it wasn't the problem.

I have eliminated several potential problems, but the biggest problems is that it happens as if someone pulled the plug on the server, rather than a crash. I can't get it to show me any errors.

I may take it offline one more time today and run extensive memory and RAID controller tests on the server.

If it continues though I will put Poser World on another server till I can figure out what is causing the problem.

I wish I could just up and buy a newer server, problem is the Dell 4600's we use with everything in them costs about $25,000.00 (LOL) each.

Steve

mrsparky ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 8:07 AM

Works OK here - 1pm GMT.

Steve - I know what you mean about the price of Dell's memory :(
Have at a look at Kingston - compatable RAM for sometimes 1/2 that dell charges.  

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Silke ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 9:19 AM

Steve, have you ever considered Compaq?
I worked with Compaq servers in my old job - including procuring them - and they were cheaper than the Dells, and nice to work with. Not to mention they had a better guarantee / support agreement than Dell.
That might have changed but it's worth checking :)

Silke

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 1:33 PM

Maybe some computer company will provide machines in return for advertising.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 4:41 PM

I often wondered about this site. I would hear its name being thrown around and would've wanted to join until I found you needed to pay. Paying isn't the problem per se, but I would've liked to see what items they had and how often their content is updated. The whole, "buying site unseen" thing resulted in me signing with DAZ instead.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 4:44 PM

Quote - I often wondered about this site. I would hear its name being thrown around and would've wanted to join until I found you needed to pay. Paying isn't the problem per se, but I would've liked to see what items they had and how often their content is updated. The whole, "buying site unseen" thing resulted in me signing with DAZ instead.

You can see lots of what they have.

http://poserworld.com/Downloads.aspx

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 4:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - I often wondered about this site. I would hear its name being thrown around and would've wanted to join until I found you needed to pay. Paying isn't the problem per se, but I would've liked to see what items they had and how often their content is updated. The whole, "buying site unseen" thing resulted in me signing with DAZ instead.

You can see lots of what they have.

http://poserworld.com/Downloads.aspx

Ahhhh I remembered going there and seeing the homepage with the 3 or 4 people at the top and it saying you needed to pay.  Never knew you could view the items. I don't know even if I were able to view some of the items that I would've been sold on the idea. It's said they have thousands and I would've liked to browse. For I find often times "many", "A lot" "massive" is thrown out there and then it's things I have no interest in. Kinda like "many items" and most are backgrounds LOL. Kinda like that.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 5:06 PM

Went back to that link and saw they offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you're not satisified. 

Lesson of the day folks: Reading is fundamental! LOL

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 5:08 PM
Site Admin

well in this case, they're not exaggerating
Poserworld presently has about 5 GB of downloadable content. Definitely well worth the price they charge.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Letterworks ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 5:12 PM

I think, but I don;t know for sure, that they've recently started selling certain items as stand alone in addition to the subscription. you could look into that to test the quality. 

I've been a life time member for about 8 years and can say I've never found anything else worth the value of that subscription! Steve's models are great and I think the output is generally high the quality is amaziing and the stabablility of the site is great concidering it;s a 2-3 person operation!

I can only say that, with the older back log of products available "massive" isn;t used lightly. When I joined I think I remeber getting something like 10 packed CDs of back stock items. I know that amount has continued to grow at a good rate.

mike

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 5:25 PM

Looks like I missed the boat on this one...

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 5:32 PM
Site Admin

about a year ago it reached the point where one dvd was no longer sufficient to hold it all.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 5:38 PM

WOW. Sounds just the place for a download-a-holic like myself.

bnetta ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 6:48 PM

i have a lifetime membership and wouldn't give it up for the whole dazuniverse!!lol
thats why i kinda panic d when i couldn't get to it last night..lol woooo don't scare me like that steve...lol

tons of stuff, went download a holic the first week , think i got everything there on disc.
now i just go back and download what i need to use for a project at a time... and of course check out the new stuff. this site was great as when i first signed up i didn't have many of the characters, but as i got new ones, i knew i could go there and get stuff for them..
wonderful site
netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 6:57 PM

The other point about PoserWorld is that if there's something a member wants, they can ask and the PW staff will respond.

I selected Poserworld over Daz or other places because the membership doesn't just result in a discount.  The membership results in free content.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 7:29 PM

<-------------over in the corner bawling; awaiting next year

Byrdie ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 8:06 PM

There's usually always a freebie around to check out there too. Highly recommend it, I will be renewing my membership next year. Maybe even sooner. ;-)

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 8:29 PM

Lifetime member and happy for it!

My Freebies

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 8:38 PM

Quote - WOW. Sounds just the place for a download-a-holic like myself.

Here is a freebie from there.

http://poserworld.com/Free.aspx

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2007 at 8:47 PM

Wicked! Thanx!

themomster0 ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2007 at 8:21 AM

Yup!  Best darned buck I ever spent.  Make sure to check out all the fabulous scenes they have.  After I joined I must have spent days in there.  I'm definitely going lifetime when my current subscription is up.

mickmca ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2007 at 12:17 PM · edited Sun, 04 November 2007 at 12:21 PM

I quit CP when my charter membership expired, and I'll be dropping my PC membership now that I have the "free" Stonehenge. But I bought a lifetime membership to PoserWorld after years of satisfied annual subscriptions, and they will have to pry PW from my cold, dead hands....

The biggest bargain in the Poser world, best people to work with, and the most diversified selection around. What you will not find there is the monotony of one more ugly, misshapen so-called wildlife model (and broken contracts) each month, seven hundred variations on the MFD and Disneyworld s.x (you knooooow, Crimee!), an endless repetition of "darkside DAZ" (Beardsley Lite) or Fredericks of Poserwood (impossibly engineered g-strings our specialty).

And they do "bespoke" at the drop of a hint. Authentic military gear? Covered. Biblical costume?  Got it. Medieval peasant? No prob. Secretarial gear. Yup and Yuppy. 19th C Apache outfit for Mike? -- Coming up. [Actually done and downloaded, some months ago.]

You won't regret a nickel spent.
M

steveshanks ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2007 at 2:12 PM

Thanks everyone ;o).....I don't think Allen actually "Needs" a new server he'd just like one LOL.....Steve :o)

flibbits ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 11:45 AM

Gear heads always want a new server.  The day the new server is set up and running, they already want a newer one.

pokeydots ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2007 at 3:58 PM

Lifer here too and their products are great!  And they almost always post something for a new character before others, they put a a cute outfit for near me :)  Worth every pennt and then some!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.