Sat, Oct 5, 8:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:12 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: TopMod 3D

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2007 at 8:18 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:21 AM

Attached Link: TopMod 3d site

file_393001.jpg

I stumbled accross this today. A very nice project, with a kind of modelling that needs some getting used too, but it is great to add to one's toolbox, especially for the more mathematical modelling needs. Oh, and it's a free, open source, platform independent. Read about it in 3D World Magazine. Image is from the gallery, by sjoo Maybe it has been mentioned before, I didn't hear of it before. Greetings, Hoof

Gog ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2007 at 11:32 AM

Been using it for a few years, the new version has a much better UI then version 1 and some great new features, there are a few images with topmod stuff in my gallery, alongside another great little package called knotplot, which has recently switched from a freeby to a purchased item...

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

kenmo ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 8:56 AM

Thanks kindly....

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 10:31 AM

Attached Link: This is what I whipped out last weekend

I want more! (time...)

saksolo ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2007 at 5:00 AM

THANK YOU

lemonjim ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2007 at 7:45 PM

I think TopMod is a program I've wanted for years. Awesome. Like Hoofd', I found a reference to it in 3DWorld magazine and the past two months, it's consumed all the time ... I should be doing other things ... but I can't get past it. Another program that 3DWorld mentioned is my second favorite freebie, and very different but equally captivating and engrossing - www.contextfreeart.org. Another arrow in your 2D quiver never hurts, I always say. But this is the first time I said it! You might get some ideas from the most recent 10 or 12 posts here at renderosity. Here is a fancy one. and my "new" page . Since that fateful day all my Bryce time is rendering topmod goodies! Getting a large collection! I really like the rind modeling and columns, sponges, golly I've got a handle on a few but there are so many. -thanks for starting a thread, I'll be back I'm sure. Any other magic tools I should know about? ;-) HapiHoli

dvmorris ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2008 at 11:11 AM

We have created a brief user survey to allow us to see your perception of TopMod’s performance and functionality. We expect this survey to take approximately five minutes to complete, and your responses will assist in improving the overall performance of our software. No identifying information will be used with the results of the survey and we appreciate your input. Click the link below to take the survey. We really appreciate your feedback!

http://mays.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_dbOi4h3opZtkHJi&SVID=Prod

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.