Sun, Oct 6, 5:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: 2 Good questions on how to use Dynamic clothes, cause i don't know how

tebop ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 8:20 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 4:38 AM

My 2 questions are: 1. Can you convert dynamic clothes meant for one figure, to use it on another? Like what Wardrobe wizard does for conforming clothes 2. Can you convert conforming clothes to Dynamic? LIke a simple skirt, nothing fancy

tebop ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 8:41 PM

I got a new question. How do you make it so that the clothes fits the figure in the 1st frame? Seems that it has to go a few frames before it fits the body of the character.

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 9:27 PM

Yes to 1, often just with scaling on x/y/z, or "stretching" it over a different figure by scaling the figure flatter at the beginning of the simulation.  Some trial and error required.

Sometimes to 2, but often conforming clothes are not modeled and imported into Poser in such a way that this is easy; often parts of the clothing is not weldted together, and it will fall to pieces once you treat it as dynamic.  

If your dynamic clothing intersects anything it collides against when you start the simulation, then chances are it will not be too productive to go forward; Poser semi-tries to force the intersected bits back outside of collision area but often it mangles the mesh of the cloth very badly.  Best to get as close a fit as reasonable before you run the simulation.  It's usually okay if the cloth is a bit too big though, and often very helpful to just scale down your figure in one or more axes just to make things easier.

My Freebies

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 10:10 PM

I laughed so hard at the title of this thread...

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 10:25 PM

1, yes you can , you just run the cloth sim with some scaling thrown in , works best on tight fitting clothes.

1. either start your anim after the cloth simulation is run , or export the obj file after the simulation , start a new scene , and import it .

tebop ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 10:48 PM

Ok about exporting a Conforming clothes as a OBJ... Then when i import the OBJ it is big. really big. Wonder why this is

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 11:05 PM · edited Thu, 08 November 2007 at 11:05 PM

Probably because it has lots of polygons ^_^
edit: oops, do you mean "big" in the file size sense, or "big" in terms of Poser scale e.g. it's much larger than characters?

My Freebies

tebop ( ) posted Thu, 08 November 2007 at 11:41 PM

yeah when i import it it's big in Poser scale. it's a skirt. and it's bigger or about the size of a poser human figure

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2007 at 1:42 AM

Make sure you export and import with all options UN CHECKED.  If you export and then import with some options enabled e.g. "% of standard figure size" you can get wonky results like this.  With no options, it will come back in the same way it went out.

My Freebies

AnAardvark ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2007 at 2:51 PM

Another way of converting dynamic clothes from one figure to another is to convert them into conforming clothes and convert the conformting clothes. I don't remember the exact settings, but if you open the setup room, this converts the dynamic clothes into a figure. You can then save the figure, convert it using crossdresser (I suppose wardrobe wizard might also work), open the converted clothing, export it as pjz99 says, and then import it again. It is necessary to export and then import to get it back into being a prop.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2007 at 3:10 PM · edited Fri, 09 November 2007 at 3:11 PM

or you could just load the obj file for the skirt that exists in the geometries folder.

you don't have to worry about welding if you make things constrained.  of course, then that part won't drape. 

if you have wardrobe wizard, i'm pretty sure you can use it on dynamic clothes, too. iirc, you can convert props, too.  if you don't know how to use dynamic clothes, you might not want to start by using dynamics to fit a new figure. 

WW can convert a figure to a prop, and a welded (again, iirc- i'm not at my Poser computer)  prop at that. 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2007 at 7:39 AM
Site Admin

Philc had a tutorial for converting conforming clothes to dynamic clothes if just exporting it doesn't  work well. It helps sometimes. Here's a link:[

http://www.philc.net/tutorial4.htm](http://www.philc.net/tutorial4.htm)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.