Sun, Sep 22, 9:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Cleaning out DAZ cache?

Vvolfsong ( ) posted Thu, 15 November 2007 at 10:42 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 9:31 AM

**I've been reworking paths for a texture I'm working on. The folder name was different in the pz2 than the actual folder, yet DAZ is still finding the textures and loading. Because of this, I can't really tell for sure if the new paths along with the renamed folders are really working or not because it seems like DAZ is 'remembering' the old paths ... seems to me there is a cache it's working off of .. a temp file or folders as it were.  I can actually go in, change the name of the folders and it still loads. How do I clear this out so that the program will actually READ the new paths? I hope someone understands this, lol ...

Wolfsong**

prixat ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2007 at 7:24 AM

file_393530.jpg

Have you tried "Control I"? Its in the surfaces, flyout menu.

regards
prixat

Vvolfsong ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2007 at 12:35 PM

**No  but I will most certainly do that when I get home from work! Thank you!  I'll let you know how it worked!

W.**

Vvolfsong ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2007 at 4:28 PM · edited Fri, 16 November 2007 at 4:31 PM

**I opened DAZ refreshed the page, loaded the base, changed the folder name to test it, loaded the texture ... it still found the texture so I still don't know if the paths are correct or not. It still is seemingly remembering where the texture is :( 

I just  removed the texture folder period. It's still loading the texture. There MUST be some way to clear the cache from DAZ. :(

Thank you, prixat for trying, I really do appreciate your taking the time to post up :) Unfortunately this didn't do it but I will use that I'm sure.

BTW ... rebooting and restarting doesn't work :(

Wolfsong**

Vvolfsong ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2007 at 11:01 PM

**I did get if figured out, the paths that is, I still don't know how to clear out the cache .. I'm sure there must be a way. :) Thank you for your help anyway, your time is appreciated!

Thanks, 
Wolfsong**

Alextron115 ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2007 at 5:04 PM

i seem to have this same problem even though the file doesnt exist it still shows it

Vvolfsong ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2007 at 5:08 PM · edited Sun, 18 November 2007 at 5:09 PM

**Well hmmm .. maybe we can keep this thread going then until hopefully someone comes up with an answer? Does anyone else have this problem? My friend tests her textures herself in Poser .. I don't know if Poser folk have that problem as well? And what do they do about it? 

It seems to me there are temp files somewhere that need to be deleted but WHERE?

Regards, 
Wolfsong**

Alextron115 ( ) posted Sun, 18 November 2007 at 6:04 PM

yes, and when i right click it in the plane all of the aptions are dulled so i cant delete them

Madbat ( ) posted Sat, 15 December 2007 at 7:04 PM

I wonder if this might be connected to a wierd problem I keep getting...Basically after doing a few renders, my system resources max out, or DS just shuts down. If there's a cache It might need to be dumped every now and again.
I've noticed the deep search seems to work now, so waiting 5 minutes for it to load something at least nets me more than a waste of time, but I still wish I at least had an option to tell it not to try to help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.