Sat, Sep 21, 4:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Smart Prop?

stargsr ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 1:42 AM · edited Wed, 14 August 2024 at 9:32 PM

I have purchased a prop with poses attached.  When I try the prop with other poses, it does not work.  The model and the prop are attached and I can't get them unattached.  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong or direct me to a tutorial that can help me?

Thanks in advance,

BeyondVR ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 2:22 AM

Not really enough info to solve all your problems, but unparenting is easy.  Select the prop and go to Object menu--Change parent.  Choose Universe from the hierarchy list that comes up, then click OK.

John

stargsr ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 2:51 AM

Thanks, however, I tried that to no avail.  I am using Poser 5 and i tried the poses with the lip couch prop.  If I try a pose that was not purchased specifically for the couch, the model gets stuck in it.  Once the model is posed with the poses that came with couch she is stuckand can't be moved without moving the couch also??

Please let me know what other info would help you help me.

Thansks,

BeyondVR ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 5:20 AM

Is the couch the prop you are refering to?  Did it come with poses to pose a figure on the couch?    You need to be more specific about what you have, and what you are doing.

If this is a purchased product, then you would be better off contacting the creator.  Someone might come along who is familiar with the product, but you would be more likely to get the help you need from the creator.

John

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 6:34 AM · edited Sat, 01 December 2007 at 6:35 AM

Let me see if I understand you correctly.

You have a couch prop. You load a character, then load the couch. At this point you can translate the 'Body' actor of the character without the couch moving, right?

Next you apply a pose that came with the couch to the character. Now when you translate the 'Body' actor of the character the couch also moves?

Please confirm the the above is a correct statement of your problem.

stargsr ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 10:35 AM

Hi,

No, as soon as import the prop the model is attached.  It is happening with other props.  I am a newbie so obviously I am doing something wrong.  Sorry for my ignorance.  I have tried highlighting the prop and applying object/change parent/universe.  It doesn't work.

All help is appreciated.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 10:43 AM

Where did you get this lip couch prop from?

stargsr ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 10:52 AM

Hi,

I bought it here on renderosity.  pin up extravaganza poses and props.  When I import the dance floor in DM's Night Fever the same thing happens.

Thank you for your help

stargsr ( ) posted Sat, 01 December 2007 at 3:11 PM

Hi,

I figured it out.  Sorry for the hassle.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.