Sun, Sep 22, 11:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: Please help!

eduflores ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 3:09 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 11:38 AM

As a new member, let me say that I'm happy for participating to the DAZ|Studio-Renderosity Forum! My avatar is, for the moment, one of my oil paintings because it will take a long time before producing something as beautiful as what I'm seeing here!
I have Windows XP and DAZ|Studio 1.8, Victoria 3 SAE, starting to learning.

I just acquired and downloaded V3 Head Morph Pack and V3 **Body Morph Pack.
**The difficulty I'm meeting (getting nearly madman...) is the following:

whilst the archive ps_mr017-V3Heads (that with a red "Z") installs normally in the DazStudio "content" folder, I have problems with the installation of the .sit archive ps_mr017-V3Heads (that with blue SIT letters).

Clicking on it, the Stuff-It program opens; after extraction to a different folder, I obtain the archive "V3Head Morphs Install" that, according to my opinion, should be installed in the DAZ "content" folder too.
But, clicking on it, I'm asked with which program do I want to open it, with no possibility of installation.
Please tell me in detail what I have to do!
Many thanks and best regards,

Eduardo

Lighthorse ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 4:40 PM

The .sit is for instalation on a Mac.
If you are using a PC you do not need to download the .sit files

Lighthorse
FalconArts.Com

AnnieD ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 4:41 PM

First...   a  sit file is a MAC file and you don't install it on a pc..
You can get rid ot it.  :)  and only install   exe files

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

AnnieD ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 4:41 PM

grabbing lighthorse's pinky...   lol

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Lighthorse ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 4:48 PM

👍

Lighthorse
FalconArts.Com

mullman ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 10:36 PM

Daz tries to break up files for download by staggering the background colors on each item, but as you will see, on orders with with several items it can become confusing as to what is what. One thing that will help this is to turn off file types that you don't use.

The default setting in Daz shows both PC and Mac files. so unless you need both this is just clogging up the works. To adjust this go to "My Account" and then "Your Preferences" and there is a drop-down menu where you can select the one you need and not see the rest.

eduflores ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2007 at 11:30 AM

Attached Link: http://eduflores.com

Many thanks to you all, Lighthorse, AnnieD and Mullman: clear answer, and ONE PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Eduardo

Lighthorse ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2007 at 11:38 AM · edited Tue, 27 November 2007 at 11:44 AM

Nice

Some of my stuff
FalconArts

Lighthorse
FalconArts.Com

Boofy ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2007 at 9:18 PM

Your atavar is beautiful Eduardo, I wouldn't change it for the world!

eduflores ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2007 at 4:42 AM

Quote - Your avatar is beautiful Eduardo, I wouldn't change it for the world!

Thank you very much for your kind words!
The title of this painting is "Moment", and other things about my work are at
www.eduflores.com

My best regards,

Eduardo

BurntFarry ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2007 at 1:12 PM

In  your order page U can set it up to just give U Windows files and then U don't have to deal with the sit files in your downloads

flags1 ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2007 at 8:39 PM

I bought a bunch of stuff from Daz and I can see it in the file but it won't work.  I can't see it in the Poser install file because it's not a zip.
What is a ps_ac XXXX wizardrobes   file?  What does the ps_ac mean?  And does it only work in Daz and not Poser?
thanks
Bev

AnnieD ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2007 at 9:55 PM · edited Sun, 02 December 2007 at 9:56 PM

You need to be clearer in your explanation.
Here is a link to Michael's wizard robe

Wizard Robe

At the bottom of the page there are links to wizard robes for other characters that will tell you what they are and they will work in poser and studio.

[Stuart Chase]

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2007 at 8:21 AM

It's an installer, for Windows, or a .sit file containing an installer, for Macs. You run the installer to add the files to your content folders, the equivalent of unpacking a zip file. Windows users don't need the .sit version, Mac users don't need the .exe file.

flags1 ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2007 at 12:20 PM

Thanks.  I went back and redownloaded.  Now I see it in Daz but not Poser so it must be just a Daz file?

A.) What is the correct way to download a file from Poser or Daz?  I'm a PC.
I think I'm causing problems in the future.
1.) I save to my download file and put it in a category like clothing or sub category V4 Clothing.
2.) then it shows it in the file and I go to the left corner where it says "extract files".
3.) Now I have 2 files.  A regular one and a zip.
4.) The problem with this is that I just discovered that some of the files weren't in Poser.  So I went into Poser and Content and downloaded Zips.  Nowwwwwwwww I'm sure I have files everywhere.

B.) Where would I go to find a definition of all the file meanings?  INJ, MAT, PP, etc.

Thank you so much for all your help.
Bev

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2007 at 2:50 PM

So you are a Mac user, by the sound of it? That's a .sit file, not a .zip. Anyway, you don't need the installer or the archive in your content folders - you need to run the installer and let it place the files in the content folder (if you have the default set up then it should install to the Content folder in the Studio folder).

AnnieD ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2007 at 6:10 PM

She says in her post  "I'm a PC"  

[Stuart Chase]

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2007 at 9:00 AM

In which case it sounds as if she's downloading the Mac /sit file and extracting the Mac installer, which isn't useful on Windows. (Sorry for missing the information in your post.) Just grab the Windows (.exe) installer and run that, as I described above. You can go into your account preferences at DAZ and set the system not to show the Mac installers, just the Windows versions.

flags1 ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2007 at 11:56 AM

No.  I'm downloading the .exe files but of course I'm a newbie and I'm afraid I'm screwing this up down the road and don't realize it.

When I buy something I choose the .exe file and download.
first question;   Do you want to open or save?

When you open, it goes to a temp file in the unkown places -- and I was trying to keep them in order of what they were.  So I saved it to the file: Download>Clothing or >animals or > buildings.

Then the second question after you save it is: Do you want to open?
I say yes and it opens to the directory and shows that file.
Then up in left corner it says: Extract files.  I click that.
Then I have the zip and the new supposedly open file.  sometimes its in Poser and sometimes it's not.

I beginning to think this doubles my files and makes a mess.

So my question is------ how do you download?
Thanks
Bev

flags1 ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2007 at 11:59 AM

PS
Do you think I should open a new thread -- so other newbies and get the answer to this question?

AnnieD ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2007 at 12:26 PM

When you download you need to choose save and not open.  In advance..make a folder on your desktop for downloads and always download the file to that folder..that way you won't lose it and later you can move it anywhere you want.

To install all you need to do is double click the exe file and follow the instructions.  It will give you a choice of where to install and you ok it.  Usually the install program finds the right place automatically unless you do something to tell it not to.

If you need more detailed instructions we will tell you...I hope we are on the right track now.. :D

[Stuart Chase]

AnnieD ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2007 at 12:47 PM

flags1

When you get a chance you can always use your search feature in windows and find the files you are worried about losing.  You can always get the names of the files you think you may have lost..from your download account at Daz.  That way you can be sure you don't have several of the same files scattered on your computer that you don't  need.

[Stuart Chase]

flags1 ( ) posted Tue, 04 December 2007 at 4:55 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmmm.  I will try smart one.
thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.