Sat, Sep 21, 5:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: The Theatre of Dreams

Jack Casement ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 7:51 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:05 PM

file_177909.jpg

I post this picture knowing that it won't mean much to most of you except those in the UK and Australia/New Zealand so I beg your indulgence. This is Lord's Cricket Ground, London which is the acknowledged home of cricket, my passion, and yesterday my son Paul and I spent the day there sitting in the warm sunshine and drinking beer, watching the World Champions Australia playing a local team Middlesex. The Aussies are here in the UK getting ready to do battle with England over the coming months so this was a real David and Goliath affair and not expected to last long. It didn't, but what a result. Middlesex beat (aw hell let's make that hammered) the mighty Aussies. Yippppeeeee!!! Sorry about that but I am still excited 24 hours later. And now back to reality.

RJH ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 8:27 AM

Beer, sunshine and a good game. Does not get any better than that.

JordyArt ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2001 at 1:22 PM

Great picture, Jack! I wish I could empathise about the game, but unfortunately cricket bores me rigid - I prefer the thrills & spills of F1.... Nice grass, though, and the place is sacred! ;-) (",)

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 6:15 PM

beautiful picture. It's so clear. thanks for the fillin. Bsteph

Marshmallowpie ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2001 at 9:58 PM

Cricket..now there is one sport I absolutely don't understand!

Antoonio ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 6:26 AM

Jack, do you use fish eye, or multiple pics when you do these? And I dont know anything about this game, but sunshine and beer sounds really nice. .n

Jack Casement ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 7:03 AM

The image is made from four separate photographs taken with the digital camera. I then import them into the computer and use a piece of software to "stitch" them together. It's caller Live Picture Photo Vista and is very simple to use. You can also make 180 degree or 360 degree pictures. I can recommend it.

Antoonio ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 8:38 AM

Is this software expensive, or, free? .n

Jack Casement ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 11:10 AM

I think about $50 but I am not sure

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Mon, 11 June 2001 at 2:50 PM

I too have the same program. If you can afford it I recomend getting the ENTIRE Reality Suite. It includes -A Photo Vista Program, A 3D image creation program, A viewer, and a program which will allow you to combine them all to create a 3D world. All you then need is a host and you can create 3D websites. I second Jack's comment the software is strongely recomended. I stiched togeather the sunset panorama I posted below in about 5 minutes max. Bsteph

Antoonio ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 1:35 AM

...gotta think about it. Does it adjust contrasts too? I have about 20 megs of images, that I'm gonna blend together "in some day". Huge job, even vith few pics. .n

Jack Casement ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 3:14 AM

Attached Link: http://www.jackcasement.btinternet.co.uk/panoramas.htm

Sorry Antoonio, it doesn't work like that. You can't just grab three or four pictures and stitch them together. I always set out to take panoramas which means that when I take the pictures I shoot them, usually left to right, and slightly overlap each picture in the viewfinder. When I started I always used a tripod but I never do now. Just make sure you keep the horizontal the same in each frame and with a little overlap and then let the programme do the rest. It really is very simple and I take no credit for its success in my panoramas. If you haven't already seen my page of panoramas on my web site check them out. They vary from a mixture of three pictures to seven pictures stitched together. The problem I found is that by using too many pictures to make a 180 degree picture is that you end up with a very narrow picture. I usually just use three or four now. Hope this helps.

Antoonio ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2001 at 5:07 AM

Jack, sure I have seen your galleries. Many times. :o) And I have tried panoramas too, with photoshop. Like you said, 180 and even 360 are really difficult to do, and almost impossible to present. Too narrow results, like you said. The hardest part, or so I think, is to get contrasts right, to do seamless works like you do. .n

Antoonio ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2001 at 12:16 AM

Thanks for the tip. You know, photoshop is quite easy too. Just adjust overlapping layers transparency bit, zoom, and its kind of easy to place pics correctly. Adjust transparency back to 100, erase the edges bit, and voila. Like I said, contrasts are the hardest part, but little bit work, and few pics can be done in no time. ...curious to hear your comments about that pixtra-thing, Alpha. .n

JordyArt ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2001 at 3:13 PM

I found panorama's to be a pain - maybe it's because of my digi - turning the camera around meant it seemed to read the light differently and I ended off with say a light picture, slightly darker one then a light one again, and no amount of adjustment would get them the same. Probably me just needing more experience!!

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2001 at 8:34 PM

Guffaw. Maybe your's too good. i often don't think mine is reading any light at all!!! Bsteph

Antoonio ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2001 at 12:29 AM

Jordy, first, try photoshop auto levels, second, overlap pics a lot, then erase edges to transparent with big brush. Another good thing, IF, you can adjust your cam to manual, use same settings for all pics, as you used in pic one. .n

JordyArt ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2001 at 6:57 PM

Thanx Antoonio - I'll try the Photoshop bit. :-( My cam is automatic - it's the one for the idiot photographers of the world, that's why I like it so much. Not an f-stop in sight! (Sort of an expensive equivalent of a toy 'Barbie' 110 point and click, really.....) (".)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.