Sat, Sep 21, 4:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Winter Clothing for Poser Characters

ebrochure ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 5:34 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:35 AM

I have searched high and low on Poser sites but i cannot find any winter clothing for Mike or Vicky or any Poser 6 &  7 characters .  It is impossible to use outdoor winter scenes if they are wearing summer or spring clothing.

I'm asking the Poser artist community to consider making some winter clothing, like heavy coats, scarves, mufflers, hats, boots and gloves for Poser characters. Maybe, some fur coats, too.

And for those who make scenes and props, maybe some snowy streets scenes with slushy streets, footsteps in the snow, ice on the windows and sidewalks, and so on.

Just a request and i hope some of the great Poser artists will consider it.. :-)

ebrochure
7261@ameritech.net

pjz99 ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 5:59 PM

This may inspire a whole new genre of pinups - "Parka-and-Galoshes-Vickie-In-A-Temple-With-A-Snowshovel" (PGVIATWAS)

My Freebies

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 8:14 PM

As soon as a warmly clad figure holds the attention of the average (male) poser user (in a crowd of scantly clad ones), we shall have a large amount of winter clothes available :lol:

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

wdupre ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 9:04 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=5135

I did a winter outfit for Vicky 4

wdupre ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 9:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=1910&spmeta=rl

and this is a set we did for both mike 3 and Vicky 3

ebrochure ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 10:17 PM

What's sexier than Vicky naked under a fur coat?

Seriously, i prefer realistic scenes to fantasy scenes, but i might be in the minority. Then again, why can't we have both?

wdupre, thanks for the link. love the mittens and boots but i still need a heavy coat or jacket.

Maybe someone out there in Poser ville will answer the call.

ebrochure ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 10:19 PM

wdupre, i forgot i already own your The Champions Clothes Set. thanks for reminding me. :-0)

EdW ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 11:36 PM · edited Wed, 19 December 2007 at 11:38 PM

file_395863.jpg

I did a set for M3 and V3. It was a waste of time and effort.

Ed

Paloth ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 11:54 PM

Seriously, i prefer realistic scenes to fantasy scenes, but i might be in the minority. Then again, why can't we have both? I'm all for realistic fantasy scenes--which would not include the V4 breastplate that just covers the breasts and leaves the heart exposed.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 4:05 AM

file_395874.jpg

> Quote - As soon as a warmly clad figure holds the attention of the average (male) poser user (in a crowd of scantly clad ones), we shall have a large amount of winter clothes available :lol:

I'm evidently not an average user; a bit of a pervert, in fact; I like chunky sweaters... This will be a freebie one day, wehn I get it finished. Next winter, maybe. :D

mwafarmer ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 7:38 AM

PoserPros has a fur coat (fake, I'm sure) and there are sweaters here in the store.

Mike

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 7:56 AM

Goldtassel and Val3DArt just released a Winter Cap Hair and Gloves which will fit most figures

Ryverthorn has a hat and coat for Laura/ Vicky Pre-teen. If you have Wardrobe Wizard or XDresser you might be able to convert it.

aoaio has winter coats for TY2 and Aiko 3, and a sweater set for each of those, too.

Powerage has the Winter 2007 The Fur Coat for V4.

nekoja has winter clothing sets for just about every female figure.

If you tend towards realism rather than skimpy armour outfits, you'd probably benefit from joining Poserworld. They have a huge array of clothing for just about every figure out there, most of it tending towards reality rather than fantasy (although they also have some great futuristic SF stuff and historical costumes) and also some great scenes and props. When you join, you get access to download the entire back catalogue. It's great value.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Molina00 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 8:39 AM

Quote - As soon as a warmly clad figure holds the attention of the average (male) poser user (in a crowd of scantly clad ones), we shall have a large amount of winter clothes available :lol:

Just for the record, I would like to say I am very much an average male who actually would like to see more practical clothing items. 

The winter clothes items for sale here are nice to be sure, but seriously, what kind of idiot would run around in the snow in a miniskirt?  Maybe I'm just wierd, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

ebrochure ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 9:48 AM

Ed, would it be possible to buy the clothing from you?

Thanks to everyone for their input. I do own the fur coat but some of the "winter clothing" is, like Molina00 said, still on the fantasy level, like fingerless gloves, thick sweaters and miniskirts, a winter hat with pigtails (not practical for a grown Vicky).

I can understand that winter items don't sell like fantasy items, but there's gotta be somebody out here besides Molina00 and me, who want realistic -- and attractive winter clothing. Maybe, it's looking outside my window and seeing all that snow that makes my VIcky and Mike look  half  naked.  :-)

If anybody makes some attractive, realistic winter clothing I'll be your first customer. That's a promise.

EdW ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 1:02 PM

I'm at work right now.. I'll look and see if I still have the zip this evening when I get home. If I can find it I will give it to you.

Ed

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 1:36 PM

Wow Ed I LOVE those clothes. Why would you say it was a waste? I'd pay for them! Some normalcy.

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 1:36 PM

Quote -
Thanks to everyone for their input. I do own the fur coat but some of the "winter clothing" is, like Molina00 said, still on the fantasy level, like fingerless gloves, thick sweaters and miniskirts, a winter hat with pigtails (not practical for a grown Vicky).

Maybe it depends on the area you live in, and your age.... I went into Town a few weeks ago and was amazed to see young women tottering around in high heels, mini skirts and plunging necklines, while my friends and I were bundled up in coats and scarves, LOL!

I must be getting old! Or perhaps the alcohol keeps them warm!

"you are terrifying

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 1:41 PM · edited Thu, 20 December 2007 at 1:42 PM

EnglishBob, yours are great too. Love the scarf. :)

EdW ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 2:31 PM

Quote - Wow Ed I LOVE those clothes. Why would you say it was a waste? I'd pay for them! Some normalcy.

Well considering the amount of time I spent adding all the morphs and jcms compared to the number of them that sold, it was a big waste of my time. I can say I learned alot from modeling these though:)

As I said above... If I can find the zip, I'll send it to you.

Ed

Molina00 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 3:17 PM

Quote - > Quote -

Maybe it depends on the area you live in, and your age.... I went into Town a few weeks ago and was amazed to see young women tottering around in high heels, mini skirts and plunging necklines, while my friends and I were bundled up in coats and scarves, LOL!

I must be getting old! Or perhaps the alcohol keeps them warm!

You and your friends must be the only ones with common sense then. :biggrin:  

Here in the central US (specifically Oklahoma), at my college most of the girls dress likes it's colder than it really is.  Its usually the guys who are running around in 30-40 degree weather in shorts and t-shirts (it's rare but some do :rolleyes:).  It may well be a regional phenomenon because around here they dress more in accordance with the weather. 

EdW, those are nice looking outfits.  I don't know why you wouldn't sell more of them.  Can people who want practical clothes really be that rare?  I personally like stumbling across clothes that don't feature half nudity or more.  Like I said, maybe I'm just wierd, but that's me. 

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 4:23 PM

Oh okay Ed you meant profit-wise. Gotcha. :)

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 5:45 PM

I'll join the chorus of wanting more winter outfits.  Plain old down jackets and
vests would be nice.

@EdW, how about putting those nice outfits on ShareCG?  Wouldn't be as much
profit as 'real sales', but it would give you some little return.  

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Molina00 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 7:20 PM

Quote - I'll join the chorus of wanting more winter outfits.  Plain old down jackets and
vests would be nice.

@EdW, how about putting those nice outfits on ShareCG?  Wouldn't be as much
profit as 'real sales', but it would give you some little return.  

I would second that suggestion.  I bet there are a lot more people out there who would like some nice outfits like than are letting on. 

ebrochure ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 9:52 PM

I'm glad to hear there are others out there who feel the same.

I'd like to see more winter stuff in general, from clothing for V3, V4, M3, and G2 characters as well as more winter scenes and props.

There's just something about a dark, snowy street that stirs my imagination. I'd like to see more depth in the way we use Poser because it has that much potential. Look at all the great characters with great skin and distinct faces and bodies.

Think of the stories we could tell if we could just inject more realism and emotions into the scenes instead of mostly fantasy and glamor shots. Don't get me wrong, those pics are beautiful but there are NO real stories behind those faces. 

Maybe it's just a matter of personal taste.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 10:18 PM

You most certainly aren't the only one. I love real clothing. The fantasy stuff is overdone. A nice winter scene with folks drinking hot cocoa would be pleasant and refreshing.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 10:50 PM

I love winter scenes myself.

I did a quick search for winter coat on www.whatever3d.com
http://www.whatever3d.com/search.ez?q=winter%20coat&page=1

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

ebrochure ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 11:08 PM

*You most certainly aren't the only one. I love real clothing. The fantasy stuff is overdone. A nice winter scene with folks drinking hot cocoa would be pleasant and refreshing.

--- 

*Sure would, especially if they're sitting around a fire and there's snow outside. Or sitting in a restaurant, staring out at the snow. Or standing on a deserted street corner with snow and slushy streets waiting on a ride. I am definitely into realism and totally agree that the fantasy stuff is overdone. 

There are so many times a beautiful fabric texture was used for a dress or gown where the dress was just a few strips of fabric. My girls are the sophisticated kind that like to jump into taxis when it snows and attend cocktail parties on New Year's Eve in the middle of a snowstorm know what i mean? :-)

hope Ed finds that zip file. Those were some nice clothes. If i had seen them i would have bought them.

ebrochure ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 11:09 PM

**Conniekat8, thanks for the link. I'll have to check it out and see what i can find.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 11:23 PM · edited Thu, 20 December 2007 at 11:31 PM

Attached Link: Colm's V3 Sweater

file_395930.jpg

> Quote - *You most certainly aren't the only one. I love real clothing. The fantasy stuff is overdone. A nice winter scene with folks drinking hot cocoa would be pleasant and refreshing. > > ---  > > *Sure would, especially if they're sitting around a fire and there's snow outside. Or sitting in a restaurant, staring out at the snow. Or standing on a deserted street corner with snow and slushy streets waiting on a ride. I am definitely into realism and totally agree that the fantasy stuff is overdone.  > > There are so many times a beautiful fabric texture was used for a dress or gown where the dress was just a few strips of fabric. My girls are the sophisticated kind that like to jump into taxis when it snows and attend cocktail parties on New Year's Eve in the middle of a snowstorm know what i mean? :-) > > hope Ed finds that zip file. Those were some nice clothes. If i had seen them i would have bought them.

Ah blissful scenes. :)

Tuesday I bought me a nice sweater for V3.

Yes EdW's clothing and EnglishBob's are nice. Right what we're looking for. I too would've bought them.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2007 at 7:27 AM

Duell (or Guelf?  at work, can't check)  has a turtleneck (pully) sweater for M3, Maya Doll has one of those 'sleveless' coats, and in a pinch, you could always go 'army surplus' and get Trout's Russian gear...;) all free

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2007 at 11:54 AM

Quote -
...what kind of idiot would run around in the snow in a miniskirt...

Most of the women in Rotherham, Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Treeton, Wakefield, Newcastle, Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Sunderland, Worksop, Leicester, Grantham, Lincoln...

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2007 at 12:36 PM

Two of my colleagues yesterday were discussing their plans for going into town tonight dressed in red hotpants and red bikini tops with a white fur trim, red fishnets, and red stilletoes.

One of them is my age (thirties.)

The other one is in her *fifties.

• All I can say is, I'm staying home tonight. :lol:

"you are terrifying

vilian ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2007 at 12:48 PM

Today's fashion makes me constantly wondering if people wearing those clothes are aware what kind of weather one can expect here (Poland) in winter... Heck, if people that sew those clothes (or rather import them from China) are aware of that... It took me two weeks last year to find good long winter jacket - warm, long (mid-calves) and with big warm hood. Everything around was so thin and so short (barely covering breasts and shoulder blades) that I'd froze in something like that in seconds... Maybe it's just me being weird, because girls/ladies of my age (late twenties) don't seem to have problems with skimpy winter clothes O.o

As for Poser, I made a package of coat textures/trans for MFD - a bit toony, but looking like something one would wear in Autumn/Spring (Anime Autumn, PP store). With my progress in texturing, I may be able to make something more winterish next year ;) (displacement for fuzziness and thickness is a great thing :P)

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

Khai ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2007 at 12:54 PM

*still on the fantasy level, like fingerless gloves

*actually fingerless gloves are not fantasy items at all... in the UK they are used a lot by market sellers, warehouse workers etc - anywhere you need to keep your hands warm but need to be able to do things like open bags, handle money etc. 

personally I wore them when I did my paperround as a kid... (and found the warmest gloves ever are when you have a pair of woolen full gloves with a pair of wool fingerless gloves over the top)

ebrochure ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2007 at 5:17 PM

pakled, you mentioned --  'army surplus' and get Trout's Russian gear...;) all free

Where is Trout's free stuff? Do you have a link?

ebrochure ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2007 at 6:09 PM

I just found Trout's army coats at this link:

http://www.whatever3d.com/search.ez?q=winter%20coat&page=5

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2007 at 11:06 PM

Content Paradise has a few items that popped up searching for "Winter Coat" and Poser 6 James CAME with one in his default clothing.

http://www.contentparadise.com/us/user/search.php?substring=Winter+Coat

My Freebies

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 21 December 2007 at 11:41 PM

Quote - *still on the fantasy level, like fingerless gloves

*actually fingerless gloves are not fantasy items at all...

Damn right they're not.  I have 2 pair of Damart fingerless gloves and several pairs my late, lamented granny knitted for me.  Most excellent items of winter clothing.  In fact, I have been wearing a pair of 'em today.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

TheTrueMayhem ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2007 at 8:05 PM

I agree about the need for more winter clothing. What is already available is very good , it's just that we need more :-)
     There is a wealth of winter scenery and environments available , I just wish the same was true of clothes. Take mittens for example - I think it must be the rarest clothing accessory out there. All I've seen is a pair for Maddie at PoserWorld and a pair for Victoria at DAZ. There are some available for other characters like Staci and Kiki but they don't seem to convert to Victoria too well :-(

ebrochure ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2007 at 8:37 PM · edited Sat, 22 December 2007 at 8:43 PM

check out this link:

http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=1910

There are parkas, boots and mittens for V3 & M3.

A few artists have contacted me directly and said they'd consider some winter clothing. I hope they'll do a V3 & M3 version and not just V4. The strange thing is there is more winter stuff for A3 than any other character. Just don't understand that since I don't see many artists using her.

There are winter scenes for sale but all of them take place in the middle of nowhere. I don't know about you but i ain't too excited about creating scenes like that. I'm looking for real world scenes, in the cities or on a block of homes, or on a crowded boulevard, with Vicky and Mike sitting in a restaurant, sipping hot coffee and looking out at the sidewalks covered with snow.

I want realistic stuff because I can get a pic of a snowbank or a tree in the snow on a photo website. No big deal. Hopefully, some of the great Poser artists will hear our desperate cries for more, more, more REALISTIC WINTER CLOTHING, PROPS AND SCENES.

i'll keep my fingers crossed. :-)

Also -- check out the DAZ forum where i posted the same request.

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=73698&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=b72a4c97a20985dbb583c88e3cc5af28

And there have been some good links given on this thread, like www.whatever3d.com. It'll do a search on whatever you type in, like winter clothing, winter stuff, etc.

If you come across something, please pass it along. 

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2007 at 5:48 PM

There's also a Winter Jacket for James 1 and Koji 1 available for free at Poser Club Japan.

My Freebies

ebrochure ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2007 at 8:50 PM

Poser Club Japan? Never heard of it. You got a link?

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2007 at 9:14 PM

Did you guys see Aiko Snowbunny over at RDNA by Lady Littlefox?

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2007 at 9:46 PM · edited Sun, 23 December 2007 at 9:54 PM

Poser Club Japan can be found here but you'll also need to know japanese to register for the free downloads. Either that or find the long lost thread that told people how to register to that site. Once registered you'll find a lot of nice freebies though.

http://poserclub.jp/index.htm

Ok I found the link to the thread that tells you how to register at Poser Club Japan as well. Here it is:

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2631431

My Freebies

EdW ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2007 at 9:24 PM

Well I haven't forgotten about these... but I also haven't found the zip file for them yet.... but I did find the baseball field I was working on once upon a time:)

I think it's on a hard drive in my old computer. I'll have to look there

Ed

EricJ ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2007 at 9:32 PM

Hi EdW,

I was planning on purchasing those winter outfits ages ago and then lost the link and could never find them again. :(

If you make them available I would love to get them free or not.

ebrochure ( ) posted Wed, 26 December 2007 at 9:35 PM

Hope you find them, Ed. Those were some pretty nice clothes. Same goes for me, I'll take them free or not.

ebrochure ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2007 at 10:10 AM

DAZ is having a great sale on certain items.

There's a leather-looking jacket for V4 among other things. It's $5.94 until Dec 31.
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=4935&spmeta=rq

Purrdey ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2007 at 10:21 AM

Quote - > Quote - Wow Ed I LOVE those clothes. Why would you say it was a waste? I'd pay for them! Some normalcy.

Well considering the amount of time I spent adding all the morphs and jcms compared to the number of them that sold, it was a big waste of my time. I can say I learned alot from modeling these though:)

As I said above... If I can find the zip, I'll send it to you.

Ed

I would love those too Ed, definitely willing to pay though - I'm not asking for a freebie!

Purrdey ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2007 at 10:24 AM · edited Thu, 27 December 2007 at 10:24 AM

Quote - DAZ is having a great sale on certain items.

There's a leather-looking jacket for V4 among other things. It's $5.94 until Dec 31.
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=4935&spmeta=rq

I used Tabala's fuzzy fur from here on that jacket and had a pretty successful resemblance to a fleecey sweater which I would wear in Scotland.

EdW ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2007 at 10:33 AM

Quote - Hope you find them, Ed. Those were some pretty nice clothes. Same goes for me, I'll take them free or not.

I think they are on my old computer... at least I hope they are:) 

I will let everyone know

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.