Tue, Oct 22, 8:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: Any Gamers Use Poser...?

DarkEdge ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2007 at 10:36 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 6:10 AM

file_396585.jpg

I was just curious how many Poser users also happen to play games. *what game is this?*

Comitted to excellence through art.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2007 at 10:41 PM · edited Mon, 31 December 2007 at 10:41 PM

I used to play a computer game several years ago, but I quit about  5 years ago and don't play any type of computer or console game.

I don't know what game that is frome.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2007 at 10:53 PM

For past 10 years or so, I can't seem to put Sim City away to see any other games!

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Paloth ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2007 at 11:34 PM

It's not Oblivion or Assassin’s Creed. Those are the two Xbox 360 games I've wasted the most time on (though time enjoyed isn't actually wasted, I suppose.) Is the image you posted a Poserfication of a popular shooter?

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

louiseboots ( ) posted Mon, 31 December 2007 at 11:58 PM

I play city of heroes/villains and love to attempt poser versions of my characters :)

Peelo ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 12:52 AM

Is that from the new Metal Gear Solid? I do play games. Mostly adventure games though. Longest Journey is my alltime favourite game along with Knights Of The Old Republic. I really don't care for first person shooters that much. I actually got xbox 360 as an xmas present. Didn't ask for it and I really don't need it either. Most games tend to be a bit too violent these days for my tastes. And unfortunately most of the xbox games are violent and juvenile. "In this game you get to kill nazis and space nazis.. And then there are big breasted female nazis that dress in black leather..Oh by the way..You have to kill them too..". Blergh :S  Yes I get it; Nazis were evil, but can we please have something else now? Rant off "Mass Effect" sucks too :P

-Morbo will now introduce the candidates - Puny Human Number One, Puny Human Number Two, and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon.
-Life can be hilariously cruel

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 1:36 AM

I Play Dark Ages of Camelot and now that I've found the FREEShard servers I'm playing for free after only 7 years of paying monthly fees.

My Freebies

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 1:37 AM · edited Tue, 01 January 2008 at 1:38 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daocportal.net/

file_396588.jpg

I Play Dark Ages of Camelot and now that I've found the FREEShard servers I'm playing for free after only 7 years of paying monthly fees.

My Freebies

pixpicws ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 1:59 AM

Looks like Crysis to me from what I played of the demo.  Basically in a suit that has selectable abilities whichit was really metalmuscled out on the outside of it. 

stormchaser ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 2:01 AM

Up until a few months ago I used to play alot of Call Of Duty 2 online (XBox 360). Incredibly addictive!
I love the history of World War 2 so this was my excuse!
Best games ever, probably the 'Thief' series.

Silke ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 5:54 AM

Gawd... I used to play DAOC way back when... I remember it was slated as "the game that will kill Everquest" lol.

Silke

DarkEdge ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 8:33 AM

file_396611.jpg

Thanks all for replying, an interesting mix here. 😄

This is from a game that I am devouring right now...Crysis. Very fun.
So I created a nanosuit for G2 Simon and am playing with that for the moment. 😉

Comitted to excellence through art.

Plutom ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 8:37 AM

I bought a copy of "Myst" last century.  Was pretty good--thank goodness for the web site that gave hints to how to get through the game.  What I would like are programs that you can design your own games with. -not to make money with,  just to have fun with.

Molina00 ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 10:02 AM

I do some gaming on the side.  I play the Wii some, or at least I would if there were more good games out for it.  I love Battlefield 2, the WWII shooters, and the Resident Evil and the Zelda series's.  I've also got a free MMORPG called Last Chaos on my computer. 

EtherealWings ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 10:31 AM

Aside from Final Fantasy and an occasional tryst with Grand Theft Auto, I really don't do the whole console thing anymore. I used to... back before the internet was a viable in-most-every-home option. Since the internet consumed my soul I've done a great deal of MUDding, played EverQuest, EQ2, SWG, and City of Heroes... WoW was a gross disappointment. I currently play CoH and it seems I generally return to it when I get tired of other games, but I've been trying to cut back on my gaming a little bit so I can focus more on productive things like writing... and Poser. guilty grin

compiler ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 1:47 PM · edited Tue, 01 January 2008 at 1:48 PM

I've been into Dawn of War for the past 3 years, being the mod leader for a modification to the original game.
(you can check it here, if you are interested : http://spacedragons.free.fr/phpBB2/index.php. sorry for the shameless ad).

HeyDork ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 1:53 PM

It's all good. 😉

stormchaser ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 2:10 PM

Molina00 - Have you played Call Of Duty 2? If you love WWII you'll love this. The latest Brothers In Arms should be out in the next few months.

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 8:52 PM

Quote - Gawd... I used to play DAOC way back when... I remember it was slated as "the game that will kill Everquest" lol.

The lag in Everquest is what killed EQ for me. DAoC just put the nails in the coffin.

My Freebies

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 10:07 PM

Crysis is probably the best game I've ever played, IMO, plus it had the decency to wait until I got my new PC built and video card before it was released. ;-)
Well, that and The Orange Box HL-2 collection.
Great looking nano suit there.

Peelo ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 11:11 PM

Half Life 2 is really good, I have to admit. Usually fps games are boring for my taste, but there is something very different about HL, it never gets repetative. There's allways something new behind the corner. And the world in HL2 is a mix between 1984 and some bizarre sci-fi story that I never read..
     Currently I'm playing Eternal Sonata on XBox, wich is the most beautifull looking game I've ever seen. Curiously enough the main character in the game is none other than the famous composer/pianist Frederic Chopin. Mix that with anime style graphics and melancholic story. I'm hooked. :D

-Morbo will now introduce the candidates - Puny Human Number One, Puny Human Number Two, and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon.

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 2:13 AM

Half Life & Half Life 2 are two of the best FPS ever made, totally engrossing. You really felt like you were part of something big.
If a game can get you apprehensive about what's around the next corner then it's a thumbs up from me.
One of the biggest laughs I've had game wise was 'The Getaway'. The dark humour in that was brilliant.
Best sports game ever was ESPN NFL 2K5.

Ondoval ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 3:00 AM

Hello gamers :p
I'm playing Suikoden V, Valkyrie profile 2, Dead or alive 4 and Crysis right now :p

For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication.
We have art in order not to die of the truth.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Keith ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 11:45 AM

Gotta give a shout out to Mass Effect.  Got it for Christmas from my wife, just finished it, and it's one of the very few single-player games I immediately started through for another run.

It's not perfect by any means but it is one hell of a story.  One of the sidequests, basically just a conversation, that you can run across is one of the most heart-wrenching things I've seen in a game, and given my cynicism, that takes a lot.

jjroland ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 1:30 PM · edited Wed, 02 January 2008 at 1:32 PM

file_396687.jpg

I too played DAOC for many years...  Merlin and Lancelot servers mostly. I left DAOC when my addition to 3D creation became so extreme that I had to choose one or the other.  Im now patiently waiting for Darkfall Online to be released.

I really ONLY enjoy PvP.
I have played some Call of Duty 4 on xbox360 and it is pretty addicting.  I never even really liked FPS until now.

Attached is one of my first Poser Images, you may recognize him from the DemHibbies video.

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

jjroland ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 1:34 PM

file_396688.jpg

And The Norseman

jjroland ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 1:37 PM

file_396689.jpg

Last one, I hope you can see it with the reduced size:

Valerian70 ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 1:38 PM

I'm not a gamer but I live with two complete and utter addicts.

The brat is currently swapping and changing between Eternal Sonata and Enchanted Arms or firing his ancient laptop up and playing Maple Story online.

The other half is playing Assassin's Creed (beautiful game but other than that does not live up to the hype) when I'm home so I can drool over the texturing and Rayman Raving Rabbids on the Wii for about the 50th time.

Warangel ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 2:23 PM

Well, Star Wars Galaxies MMO is the obvious one for me. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Call of Duty 4, Dance Dance Universe 2, and Rock Band.

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 4:12 PM · edited Wed, 02 January 2008 at 4:16 PM

I've been playing Oblivion since it came out a year and a half ago. I'm on maybe my tenth character, and I don't think it will ever get old - at least not before Elder Scrolls V - whenver that is.
Bethesda Softworks also bought Fallout and will be releasing a Fallout 3 soon, I think. that looks promising.

Plus of course Half-Life 2, Episode 3, again, hopefully sometime soon. I liked the HL Episodes 1 and 2 better than HL 2 because there was more interaction with the resistance. I felt pretty alone through most of HL 2, but still it was very cool. Gotta love killing those Zombies. ;-) I've played HL2 through 3 times, and the newer Episodes each twice.

I started NeverWinter Nights 2 several months ago, but still haven't gotten very far through it. Although that's a beautiful game too, visually speaking, it's very "technical" in that you have alot to do with how your character performs based on decisions you make - a true RPG.
I bought Bioshock right after it came out and thought it was a really unique, excellent game and had a blast playing it all the way to the end - in less than 24 hours. But it was so linear and mapped out, I have no interest in playing through again anytime soon.

The sign of a really good game, IMO, is one which you win, and want to start all over again, not just stick it on the shelf.

I''ve played Crysis through several times now, but one of the best things about Crysis (Oblivion too), is the mod tools - The "Sandbox" Editor is amazing and beautiful.

And the really cool thing is, now that we have dual and quad core CPU's and mega-powerful video cards, and the technology is continuing forward as the prices drop, the games of  even the near future are going to be even more amazing. Let's just hope the ideas and storylines continue to develop along with the graphics.

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 5:17 PM

I played Call Of Duty 4 for about a month. It really took a hold of my life which wasn't a good thing! I generally played with alot of people I've known from COD2. #4 is superb but I just find #2 is more fun to play.
My 360 is knackered again now. I'll be getting it fixed & sending it on to my sister. I just find I don't have the time for gaming & art stuff together anymore. One has to go. I just wish there were more hours in a day. 

If people don't mind dated graphics but love games with story & intrigue, try the THIEF series. This was the first true stealth game.

Paloth ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 6:59 PM

For the record, Assassin’s Creed is overly violent, and is marred by elements ranging from repetitive to utterly ridiculous, but it’s worthwhile to me anyway because the cities are so damn impressive. I understand that not everyone has the same priorities. Thief rocked, but they seem to have killed the franchise with the ending to the last release.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 7:13 PM

If I was to keep my 360 I would have liked to have given Assassins Creed a go. It does look cool even though I don't like 3rd person games (except The Getaway).

Paloth - Agree about Thief. It does seem to be the end of one of the best game franchises ever. There again, I guess if they got some good writers in (preferably those from the old Looking Glass Studios) they could come up with something. Imagine Thief 4 on the 360!!
There was talk at one point of making Thief into a movie. Years ago Half Life was also talked about. Alot of these fail though, they totally destroyed Tomb Raider on the big screen.

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 7:16 PM

Talking of Thief, I would love to create to some artwork based on it.
Now my brain's in overdrive!

Keith ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 12:16 AM

Quote - For the record, Assassin’s Creed is overly violent

A game featuring assassins, with the word "assassin" in the title, where you play an assassin, is violent.

I am shocked beyond words.

ghelmer ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 12:47 AM

I'm currently playing:

Assassins Creed - Oh how I love this game!!!
Mass Effect - Not the biggest sci-fi rpg fan but this game totally reels you in!
Guitar Hero III - Completely 100% ROCKS my lame @$$ off!!!!
Halo 3 - Oh, I'm finishing the fight BABY!!!
Call Of Duty 4 - The realism of this game is mind blowing!
Bioshock - The most immersive FPS world and compelling story to boot!!

I'm off work for Christmas Break and am spending the hours that my kidlet is sleeping in front of the 52" Wega with the 360 controller firmly in hand!!!  LOLZ!!

Gerard

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

Paloth ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 1:07 AM

A game featuring assassins, with the word "assassin" in the title, where you play an assassin, is violent. There was one little drama in the game where the assassin’s target has a falling out with one of his associates and we watch while he stabs the screaming, pleading man to death, not once, twice or thrice, but more like thirty times. I know they were trying to establish the character as brutal, but still. After watching that, I thought it was a bit much. So yes, the level of violence is surprising, even for a game with the name "Assassin" in its title. Of course there are all those cool combat animations, and you get to hear as your blade rips through the bones. A little less of this sort of detail and more time spent on city noises would have improved the game, I think. I've heard the street preacher harangues over and over again so many times that it’s made a new groove in my brain.

Purrdey ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 1:34 AM · edited Thu, 03 January 2008 at 1:38 AM

file_396718.jpg

Everquest here - this is where the name Purrdey comes from. If anyone remembers the New Avengers, Purdy was a chick who wore leather and kicked butt. OK so Purrdey is technically a cat but she's still kind of a chick =P

When I first got a computer I got obsessed with Lands of Lore, but it was dos based so when I got that new fangled windows thing I couldn't finish it! I did get the next couple of games in the series but they didn't hook me the same. Then came Everquest...

Chaotika ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 7:14 AM

Everquest and World of Warcraft here. I'm a Poser newb, but I'm trying to learn it, slowly but surely! I have always admired the work of people who make character portraits and magelos/signatures for their characters and others, that's what I hope to end up doing. If I can just get over my "Poseritis"!

Peelo ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 9:28 PM

I forgot Never Winter Nights! That was a lot of fun.
        Mass effect...Hmmm..Played it for 9 hours untill I realised that it wasn't an rpg at. Just a boring  game that has huuuge ammounts of badly written dialogue, and clunky controlls. The game doesn't know what it wants to be; Halo3 or Kotor3. It sucks as an fps game and it's not really an rpg either. Prior to playing the game I heard rumours that there was going to be a lame sex scene with the main character and one of the supporting cast. So I named my character "Gaylord Sheppard" accordingly, in anticipation of this great event.
     I was a total jerk in the game (much like in real life) and everyone  liked me regardless. That never happens in real life! (I open my mouth and the next thing I know I'm running for my life.Luckily games are different) The female characters even wanted to have sex with the Gaylord!.Wtf? And I treated them just as badly as I treated everyone else. Well  at least my character treated everone badly, regardless of gender or race. But it made no difference. People still thought of him as if he was some kind of hero.   I hate that game. And I soo wanted to like it. But after nine hours of dreadfull dialogue and watching  dumb AI run around like a scared little schoolgirl, I called it quits. 70 euros wasted. Damn!

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 1:43 AM

I only play consol games. My laptop is for working (Poser and writing). Most recent games:

Final Fantasy 12
Two Worlds
Oblivion (It's a lifestyle!)
Dark Kingdom
and
watched my friend play Rayman: Raving Rabbids (that thing is hilarious! I want a plunger gun!!!!)

My Miralith for V4.1 in the Market Place is inspired by drow elves in various consol games.

Waiting, waiting, pining.....dying for Final Fantasy 13 (both versions of the game, but from the pics I've seen, that's quite a cute guy in Final Fantasy 13 Versus)

Liz Pope
Latexluv

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

pdblake ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 3:48 AM · edited Fri, 04 January 2008 at 3:48 AM

Morrowind here, been playing it for nocking on 5 years now and still keep finding new things. Tried Oblivion but found it far too dumbed down and hand holding, saw everything within a coupole of months, even my 9 year old daughter won't play it because it's too easy:) . Elder Scrolls is brilliant but Oblivion just isn't a patch on it's predeccesor.

AnAardvark ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 2:22 PM

I'm currently playing in three Dungeons and Dragons campaigns (and running a fourth), an Aberrant game, and a Big Eyes, Small Mouth game (Anime role-playing.)

TallDude ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 2:18 AM

I still play Gauntlet... never got tired of it. Even have a forum for it http://www.gauntletforums.com

Also just bought Heavenly Sword for the PS3, but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 4:16 AM

i gave up playing games on the PC when microsoft made the xbox, now im playing COD4,Mass effect,PGR4 etc, great console one day i will fire up Unreal tournament on the old PC and re-live those old days...lol

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.