Sat, Sep 21, 4:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Winter Clothing for Poser Characters

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2007 at 6:45 PM · edited Thu, 27 December 2007 at 6:47 PM

I found these in less than five minutes @ ShareCG. In the spirit of the odiferous desperation of all the merchies who replied to this thread, I'll link to them in similar fashion, in spite of all of these being free:

Buy my shit!

Buy my shit!
(and get some pants for it to make it a solid sweater)

Buy my shit!

Buy my shit!

Buy my shit!

Buy my shit!

...and I haven't even gone near the gallons of Japanese freebies, such as at Poserclub (another huge free site with a TON of free clothing)...

But yeah, spend yer money if you want to. Or do what I do - find 'em for free :)

PS: Props to pakled, MAtrixWorks, and EnglishBob... for being the only mofos in this thread who didn't immediately launch an ad campaign at the poor guy/gal who asked where he/she can get some winter clothing...

Feck sakes; don't you merchies have any sense of shame?

Gah.

/P

(don't mind me; just that the whole thread just struck me as wrong...)

EdW ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2007 at 10:49 PM

Hope that the soap box isn't too high.. hate to see you hurt your ass if you jump up and down too much and it collaspes  Pengy:)

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2007 at 11:52 PM

I doubt it will... I don't do hypocrisy. ;)

Yes I sell stuff (elsewhere, and do rather well at it), but I damned sure don't answer every new person's request with some variation of "buy my shit!" or "buy his shit!" or "buy ..."

It's become an epidemic. Karen I can understand doing it... she works here. But... holy crap, man. It's gotten to the point of chant. Are the Rendo merchies that desperate to get a couple of bucks or something?

/P

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 27 December 2007 at 11:55 PM

*PS: Props to pakled, MAtrixWorks, and EnglishBob... for being the only mofos in this thread who didn't immediately launch an ad campaign at the poor guy/gal who asked where he/she can get some winter clothing...

*oi! I did'nt hit the adverts ethier you know.

ebrochure ( ) posted Tue, 01 January 2008 at 11:57 PM

Oh yea, i forgot to mention www.poserworld.com.

Under Victoria 4 clothing, there's a nice winter cardigan and some other winter clothes. Also lots of clothing, scenes, props, etc. for all the Poser folks. Of course, you gotta join, but it's very reasonable for a subscription.

Stepdad ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 12:07 AM

Ok, well been looking for a new project to get started on once my current project is finished, and since winter clothing seems to be in short supply I think I'll give it a whirl, I'll keep you folks posted on what I come up with.

Stepdad

ebrochure ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 2:16 AM

*"...since winter clothing seems to be in short supply I think I'll give it a whirl, I'll keep you folks posted on what I come up with."

Cool.

If it's modern winter clothing, i'll be your first customer.

TheTrueMayhem ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 2:25 AM

likewise - especially if it includes mittens or gloves :-)

ebrochure ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 2:58 AM

Hope they'll be scenes and props like nice outdoor urban winter scenes, snow-covered city sidewalks and porch steps, slushy streets, iced-up windows, and food props like cocoa with marshmellows   :-)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 12:00 PM

Quote - Hope they'll be scenes and props like nice outdoor urban winter scenes, snow-covered city sidewalks and porch steps, slushy streets, iced-up windows, and food props like cocoa with marshmellows   :-)

Are there any street scenes you already have, which ones? Would you be interested if someone retextured them into a winter scene?

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

ebrochure ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 2:09 PM · edited Wed, 02 January 2008 at 2:11 PM

OK...you asked for it. :-)

Here's (what i think) are some great product suggestions. If i was a better artist, i'd do them myself.

Idea #1 -- take the most popular outside building and street products and create a MAT for winter, snowing, raining, daytime, sunset & night-time.

Idea #2 -- if feasible, create a series of outdoor backgrounds like residential neighborhoods or a downtown skyscrapers & buildings where it is winter, snowing, raining, storming, daytime, sunset and nighttime with or with a moon. this would be used as a background for a Poser render.

Idea #3 -- 2D crowd mats that can place realistic looking Poser men and women and children and cars, buses, trucks, etc as a background for a Poser render

Idea #4 -- 2D people inside of Poser scenes, sitting at a table in a restaurant, or train station, or night club or bar. I'm not sure how this could be done, perhaps as a MAT where the artist took the "Stylish Lounge" by ratracer and created a MAT where people or couples were sitting at the tables and booths AS a  background 

OR

some low-res 3D characters that could be added to a scene already posed in sitting, standing or walking positions with smart-propped drink glasses or cell phones so they could easily be added to ANY scene. 

I realize this sounds lazy :-) but there are many times when you don't want to spend a lot of time creating realistic backgrounds, you just want to deal with the main character(s) in a scene OR maybe you're doing an animation and God knows that takes enough time without spending days on creating a background.

Here are the scenes I'd like to see more details on the inside and/or the outside:

In Renderosity Marketplace

1 -- Architectural Staircase and Building (ratracer)
2 - City Building (Poser 5) (ratracer)
3 - RoC: Diner
4 - Cafe Classique
5 - Celeste's Diner
6 - INTENSIVE CARE UNIT  (add doctors & nurses to background)
7 - Dove Valley
8 - Backstreet
9 - The Bar

DAZ3D

The Backstreets
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=4627&cat=31

If no one is interested, maybe, I'll tackle these products myself and see what happens....

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 2:38 PM

I have all of stomemason's work, and a few ratracers things (I have to go see which ones).  I'll poke around and see what I can find.

I remember rendering Stonemasons Victorian street front with a sky dome or a cyclorama around it. I just don't remember wihich one right now (it's at home, can't look it up right now).

I was looking at backstreets... I was envisioning you guys wanting clean, new look? That may be tough to create on backstreets. Not impossible, just may take me longer.

I'm thinking what else is out there.
How about this one? Looks like it's a nice complete scene: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=59061&Start=181&TopID=11219.34536.

ebrochure ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 3:30 PM

I have stomemason's work and almost all of ratracer's things, also. The problem with using a sky done or a cyclorama background is real life isn't like this: one building in the middle of nowhere with no other buildings or people around.

I also own "Henry Square North" (the link you gave). Real nice.

Regarding "Backstreets", I don't want a clean look, i love the worn textures because they're so realistic. Fantastic buildings and props. I'm talking about adding weather elements so the streets will be snow covered or rainslicked and there will be ice or raindrops on the windows, etc.

I know this is a tough request. Just thought i'd throw it out there.

Regarding the other ideas, i might tackle the people/city interior/exterior backgrounds myself.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 3:43 PM

About Backstreets, to make a texture that adds to the current texture, I think I could set up snow overlay materials. I think it's possible, but I have to try it out to make sure. To make it work, one would HAVE to install it in the same runtime where backstreets are.

Otherwise I have go with all new texturtes, which is not much of a problem, but they'd look different, and not as high quality and Stefan's work.

ebrochure ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 3:58 PM

*"About Backstreets, to make a texture that adds to the current texture, I think I could set up snow overlay materials. I think it's possible, but I have to try it out to make sure. To make it work, one would HAVE to install it in the same runtime where backstreets are."

That would be cool as opposed to creating textures that take away from a product as good as "Backstreets". Putting the new textures in the same runtime is easy and maybe directions could be included for newer Poser users.

Now, some of the building and street products out here need more textures because most aren't as good as "Backstreets", so anything that added more realism would be a plus.

P.S. love your kitty pics above your monniker. :-)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 4:28 PM

or I may decide to model something new... but if I do that, it probably wouldn't be ready till next winter :lol:   I don't think you had that in mind.

Thanks, I'm glad you like my avatar. It lets you see my both sides... Nice kitty and neurotic kitty :tt2:

ebrochure ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 4:57 PM

Which one is the nice kitty? :-O

tee hee  just kidding....

ebrochure ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 11:45 AM

Here's a muffler, hat and winter boots (Poserpros)

XmasXtras for V4 and A3

http://poserpros.daz3d.com/store/viewitem.php?selitem=11529&start=0&selcat=0&selsub=-1

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 4:23 PM

Those are cuuute!

ebrochure ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 5:00 PM · edited Thu, 03 January 2008 at 5:03 PM

I agree. 

I just bought  "XmasXtras for V4 and A3" since i can use the hat, muffler and boots for V3 & V4, and on 3DCommune, i bought  "Winter Props 2" because of the snow-covered ground, fence and icy props. 

Glen ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 6:10 PM

Quote - As soon as a warmly clad figure holds the attention of the average (male) poser user (in a crowd of scantly clad ones), we shall have a large amount of winter clothes available :lol:

Well I must say, a cute girl in a bobble hat, fluffy scarf, big puffy coat (not a chavvy puffer jacket), and a pair of those adorable little flat boots with the bobbles on turns me on like a light in real life... Especially when I get to remove it all, outside... I'll leave the rest up to your imaginations.

I'm running Win 10 Pro 32GB RAM Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

My DA Gallery: glen85.deviantart.com/gallery

Peace, love and polygons!

ebrochure ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 10:50 PM

Here's a new item on DAZ3D:  Wintery Frolics

http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=5946

I contacted DAZ  last week about more winter clothing. Can't be sure if the artist had already planned to release this but i don't care, as long as we see more winter items.

EdW ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 5:59 PM · edited Sat, 23 February 2008 at 6:01 PM

file_400597.jpg

Well now that it is almost spring I did find the zips for these clothes. Just drop me a site mail and I wiil send them to you.

Ed

MatrixWorkz ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 6:47 PM

Quote - Here's a muffler, hat and winter boots (Poserpros)

XmasXtras for V4 and A3

http://poserpros.daz3d.com/store/viewitem.php?selitem=11529&start=0&selcat=0&selsub=-1

ROTFLMAO! Did anyone else see Aiko's Toes sticking out of her boots on the Promo shot for this item? I'll bet she was COLD!

My Freebies

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 5:23 AM

file_400702.jpg

> Quote - Well now that it is almost spring I did find the zips for these clothes.

LOL. I never finished my Toasty set in time either. Oh well - maybe next year. Or perhaps I'll be really perverse and release it in June. :D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.