Sun, Sep 22, 11:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: CrazyTalk (text to voice)

blueblott ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 2:04 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 11:25 AM

I recently purchased a copy of CrazyTalk being sold on the Daz site.

It really is great fun.

Has any one found some good natural voices out there that will do the text to voice , and not cost an arm and a leg?

Microsoft Sam may have its uses but not for the Natural sounding voices.

Happy New Year To All
Blublott

JackieD ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 3:08 AM

The reason I decided not to purchase CrazyTalk is because I couldn't find any decent voices to use with it.. Happy New Year to you too :-)

Trevor666 ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2008 at 6:59 AM

Try Speech Synthesizer 5.0 (speech50.exe), there is a trial version available, you get a small selection of voices and can vary the playback speed/pitch et c. It's not brilliant, but it's still entertaining! You'll have to google for it, as it's available from many download sites.

blueblott ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 2:38 AM

Thanks for your reply  will go try that one out.
Its not too easy to locate a non mechanical voice.
Thanks again
Blueblott.

heyrick ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2008 at 2:59 AM

Yep, I previously had the voiceover problems w/CrazyTalk for the past two years. Not enough samples on the net, Text to Voice sounded too mechanical, etc., etc. THE SOLUTION: For around 30 bucks or less, you could purchase a small digital voice recorder w/a computer port. Voices? Everybody I know has a voice (duh). Hey Jeff, wanna do me a favor? Give me a few words, ok? Hey Janet, you have a great voice, can you say a few sentences for me? Not difficult at all, and has provided me with all the voice talent I needed. (Of course sound editing software helps. Ask me about special "word lists" you could have people recite. You'd be surprised how easy and fun this is.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.