Fri, Sep 20, 3:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Open C3/4 files with C6?

TOXE ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 2:59 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:50 AM

Hi all,

a simple question. Why i'm not able to open my old files created with C3, C4? The message is "a file not found error occurred while executing open". Mmmh...

-TOXE

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 3:31 AM

Are those old files are looking for a plugin of some kind, that was present when you created those old files? Did you try opening them in Carrara 5 and resaving? That should theoretically do the trick if it is a compatibility issue that is connected to the program. (and best wishes for this wonderful new year)

TOXE ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 3:41 AM

Hi Ruud! Good year to you and your family:-)

Unfortunately i don't have carrara 5 and all the updated plugins are installed...

I have millions files:-((

Thanks

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 4:10 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2724897

FYI: I read some kind of rumor in this forum, that Carrara 5 will be available for free on the next 3D World magazine DVD (instead of a CD). I can try opening a file in C5 for you, I think you have my email, otherwise, send me a message via this forum.

TOXE ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 4:16 AM

Thanks,

i don't have a precise file that i want to open, but if i need something i'll send you the file! About 3D world magazine, it's hard to find it here in Italy, but maybe it's the right time for subscription:-)

bwtr ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 4:19 AM

For transportability all .car files need to be saved with "save all internally" (A larger file size note!)

Otherwise the file would automatically be trying to look for it's recouces within the original making Carrarra app and/as for say image maps, looking for a file in the 'original location that map would initially have been within your computer.

It is a pretty basic principle with all file savings I would have thought?

bwtr

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 4:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.3dworldmag.com/page/3dworld?entry=b_3d_world_100_now

I just found out the rumor is true (see link). You can order single copies from the mag. I think that would eventually find it's way to Italy :) Greetings!

TOXE ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 4:26 AM

Thanks bwtr, i'll try to save all internally from C4, and i'll let you know:-)

Thanks for the link and advice Ruud!

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 4:29 AM

bwtr, in case of missing textures and all, the program asks for files, it does not reject opening the file alltogether. Pointing C6 to the old textures is still a bit sluggish, I must say, because when they are in different directories, the program stop finding them every time you switch to another one... So saving all internally is a bit faster when working on different computers. With files that have a lot of objects and textures in them it, the file size gets extremely large, introducing new time loss :)

TOXE ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 4:30 AM

Yes! It's work using save all internally! Thanks!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.