Sun, Oct 6, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Poser 7 rendering and size question

ladyperiwinkle ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 3:42 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:27 PM

How do I render in Poser 7 where the characters are nice and big and not so blurry, so when I export them as png files and bring them into Adobe Photoshop they are nice and big and crystal clear. I use the smooth button, I am not sure if I am missing a step. Can someone help me. Thank you

Philywebrider ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 9:11 AM

Attached Link: http://drgeep.com

Render> **Render Dimenisions>** Set -Select-Render to exact resolution-Width, Height, ( large as you want  or the largest you computer can handle ),  Set Resolution at 300 dpi>

Render>
**Render Settings>
**Set quailty to FINAL
Render in Firefly

I'm still learning Poser 7 myself, I hope this helps. I used PoserPropack until recently. The people here a Renderosity have really helped me a lot.

If you need screen shots let me know.

BTW, Dr Geep and PU can be a great help.

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 9:52 AM

If you are going for detail & quality you may want to try these options:
Turn off texture filtering on your materials.
Have your min shading rate on your figures & render settings low, try for between 0.1 - 0.2.
Have your irradiance caching as high as possible.
Increase your pixel samples.

Sorry I can't go into more detail, I've been up for over two days & I'm falling asleep as I'm typing..................................................................................

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 2:38 PM

Quote - Render>
Render Dimenisions>
Set -Select-Render to exact resolution-Width, Height, ( large as you want  or the largest you computer can handle ), 
Set Resolution at 300 dpi>

Hello,

I just found out a problem...I can't render in an other resolution than 72 dpi.
(I never needed to before....)

I tried every option in the Render Dimension window and saved in several formats, the outcome
was always only 72 dpi?
I'm totally at a loss, what's going wrong here?

I'm using Poser 7 on a new computer with 2 GB RAM
(Poser works very unstable and I can only using SreeD...had never such problems before)

I'm grateful for any hint!

Valerian70 ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 5:33 AM

Nothing is going wrong as such, Poser will always render at 72dpi, it's just the way it is and unless addressed by a service release will remain so.

If you are rendering for print purposes then you need to do a little maths to work out the final size you need for the print project and then change your resolution in an image manipulation program.

The problems you are having with Poser 7 sound like a graphics card problem, look to see if there is a driver update for your particular card as that will likely fix your problem (just because it is a new PC doesn't mean that it has the latest drivers installed especially if it has been bought "off the shelf" rather than built to spec.

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 7:38 AM · edited Sat, 05 January 2008 at 7:41 AM

file_396866.jpg

I use Poser7 too ..This is a screenshot of how I can input different resolution in by choosing the 'Render to Exact Resolution ' option . If it still won't work for you perhaps try a re-install ? @philywebrider- Regarding Photoshop and print resolutions: In Photoshop the default image display is at 72ppi. Higher resolutions are only relevant to actual print size output. Rendering in Poser at 72 is fine *as long as the pixel dimensions are large enough!!! * A render 1500x1800pixels at 72ppi out of Poser will give you : a 300ppi 5"x6"print (good quality print ) or a 200ppi 7"x9" print (ok-ish quality print) or a 72ppi 20.8"x25" print. ( poor quality print.. will look very jaggy) A render 900x600 will only give you a 3x2 inch print at 300ppi ! I just had an image open in PShop - the display dimension read 2400x3000@ 72ppi .......... but that will actually give me a 300 ppi PRINT of 8inches x 10inches. Its all about Pixels Per Inch......... The total number of pixels in your render remain constant in all those size prints.- its about how close together they are that dictates high or low resolution and the ultimate print size. You can check this in Menu>View>Print Size and you can change how this displays in Photoshop>Preferences>Units and Rulers. (I have mine set to inches as I relate better to the old Imperial measurments ) The math is basically x3 your desired print dimension (for300 ppi) ie for a 4x5" @300 you need to render 1200x1500 @72 for a 8x10@300 print you would render at 2400pixelsx300pixels @72 .

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 8:12 AM

My bad as all of that was for ladyperwinkle not at philywebrider.. didn't scroll up to the top to get the OPs name. :oops:

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 11:28 AM

Thank you both for your answers...I will look for the graphic card and make a re-install.

Feme ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 11:30 AM

file_396886.jpg

This is my render-options for 72dpi in Poser 7:

Feme ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 11:31 AM

file_396887.jpg

.... and this is the result in CS2

Feme ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 11:32 AM · edited Sat, 05 January 2008 at 11:32 AM

file_396888.jpg

and here ist the render-option for 150dpi in poser 7

Feme ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 11:34 AM

file_396889.jpg

here the result in CS2!

Poser can NOT only 72dpi

ladyperiwinkle ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2008 at 6:24 AM

Thank you all for all your help! I was able to do it, my charcters  turn out nice was I import them into photoshop.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.