Thu, Sep 19, 5:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: How to make your own tounge morphs

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:23 PM · edited Thu, 18 July 2024 at 7:01 PM

file_397461.jpg

Step one: Load a figure and use a "open mouth" morph to better see what you're doing.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:24 PM

file_397462.jpg

Step two. Start the grouping tool and create a new group.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:26 PM

file_397463.jpg

Step three: "Remove All" so that the head turns black. Now "Add Material". Use the tounge material so the new group includes the tounge mesh.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:27 PM

file_397464.jpg

Step four: The tounge turns red. That means that it is now selected as a new group.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:28 PM

file_397465.jpg

Step five: Make the new group permanent by assigning a "New Material" to the tounge.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:29 PM · edited Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:37 PM

file_397466.jpg

Step six: If you did it right, the tounge now turns green once you close the Grouping Tool.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:30 PM

file_397467.jpg

Step seven: Add a magnet to the head.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:30 PM

file_397469.jpg

Step eight: Select the magnet zone, and under properties, select the "New Group"

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:32 PM · edited Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:37 PM

file_397472.jpg

Step nine: The magnet now deforms the tounge ONLY, not the head. You can now make your own tounge morphs. You can add more magnets for complicated morphs, but again you must select the "New Group" for the magnet zones.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:35 PM · edited Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:38 PM

file_397473.jpg

Step ten: Once your finished morphing, set all head morphs to zero, and spawn a new morph for the head. Now you can delete the magnet (Or save it to your prop library), and export the new tounge morph for distribution.

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:37 PM

Thank you for this JoePublic!

~ Meow ~

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:49 PM · edited Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:52 PM

file_397480.jpg

For the P7 MorphBrush: Just tic "Group" and select the "New Group" The morphbrush will now only affect the tounge only, not the head. You can combine your morphbrush morphs with all other morphs you have.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:52 PM

file_397482.jpg

Step twelve: Once you're finished, click "Save a copy as". This will save the morphbrush made morph ONLY,

If you used other tounge morphs, you can combine them later with your new morphbrush made morph into a new one.
(But don't forget to set all other morphs you don't need back to zero before you spawn a new head morph target)

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2008 at 5:59 PM

Finally:
If you create a "New Group", you basically split a bodypart into sub-parts with new materials.
You can re-assign the original material with the grouping tool to the new group so that MAT files will work again, but it's safer to just save a copy of your re-grouped character to your figure library for future use, and export your new morphs as objects and use them with your original (un-regrouped) copy of that figure.
(Or use MorphManager to transfer your new morphs from the regrouped figure to your original one)

Gini ( ) posted Wed, 16 January 2008 at 3:20 AM

Thank you for this .... most useful !!

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

champgoof ( ) posted Wed, 16 January 2008 at 4:41 PM

Exactly exactly what I needed!!! and the funniest thing is you posted it when I started hunting for it lol! to funny!

champgoof ( ) posted Wed, 16 January 2008 at 6:19 PM

I dont know what I am doing wrong...This is what it looks like

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/ChampGoof/weirdtonguecopy.jpg

it seems to be pulling the tongue from the back so to get it to stick out of the mouth it seems to be flipping on itself.... thanks to you I am ALOT closer already and have learned a valaubale tool!

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 12:07 AM · edited Fri, 18 January 2008 at 12:07 AM

You need to play around with the placement of the Mag zone and the Mag base. Specifically, you will at least need to moe the Mag zone down a bit.

champgoof ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 6:57 PM

thank you ! it worked fanstic and I have learned a tool that will be useful in the future :) without any post works just a quick render but here is my picture finally !

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/ChampGoof/Render1small.png

:thumbupboth:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.