Tue, Oct 1, 1:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: material help please

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 9:02 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 1:40 PM
Site Admin

why does the texture for all the body parts look different when I applied the same material settings to all of them? I've tried moving the light, but that doesn't help. I realize that the thighs might be darker because of shadow, but I would think both arms would be the same. The light is centered in front of him and like I said, moving it doesn't help. It's just a single gray infanant light.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 9:58 PM

Are you sure that all the material settings are the same?  Check
especially the color, value and size in percent of the highlight (specular).

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 13 January 2008 at 10:33 PM · edited Sun, 13 January 2008 at 10:36 PM
Site Admin

I'm sure. I used "apply material to all" to do it, and I double checked everything to make sure poser didn't miss anything. There are also no detatched nodes. 

Here is a screen shot of the material I'm using incase that helps. I'm not real good with nodes and all so maybe what i'm doing is wrong.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2008 at 4:04 AM

As you've got a "V" node in the network, then the colour is going to vary according to how the UV mapping is laid out.
Try seeing what happens when you remove it.

If you could say what your thinking that node is there for, it should be possible to offer an alternative.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 14 January 2008 at 3:46 PM
Site Admin

Honestly, I don't know why the v is there. I was editing a material that I had on the computer called waqsman.  I guess It's not that big of a deal. I can find another material to use.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.