Tue, Sep 24, 1:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:33 pm)

Subject: black holes in renders?

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 5:03 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:35 AM

I'm using poser7 on a macbook running 10.4.11

Using V4, i often get 'black holes' in my renders. This is no trouble since I can do p work in Photoshop, but I feel I shouldnt need to. Is this a bug or am I doing something incredibly stupid?

I intend bringing poser stills into photoshop but would prefer nice clean renders to start with !!!

Propschick ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 10:42 AM

There is a setting in render dimensions- something about pixels - right under the dimension size, that I had to change in order to stop that from happening in my renders too.

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 5:48 PM

I don't know..don't have a Mac. Maybe the 'gravity' feature is set too high...probably can detect the black holes by the gamma radiation coming from the Schwartzchiild radius...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Morgano ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 7:27 PM

If this is with the Firefly engine, try setting "Min displacement bounds" to something like 0.2 (it defaults to 0).   The problem of which I am thinking is in Firefly, though, not V4.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 10:24 PM · edited Sat, 19 January 2008 at 10:24 PM

Ya beat me to it, pakled.  Where's Stephen Hawking when you need an expert on black holes in renders! :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2008 at 5:34 AM

"Laughing"... but guys it was Stephen Hawking that sent me to you, bcoz he din have a clue:)

Ok.. I got renders without blackholes by playing ith render settings as you suggested and just minutely altering pose and expressions slightly.  All a bit hit and miss but with some determination and patience, its paid off :)

Thanks for your help guys

Drky xxx

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.