Fri, Sep 20, 5:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Translation Parameter Dials V4(move body parts)?

chris1972 ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 6:49 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:54 AM

Is there a way to turn on the translation parameter dials for body parts like fingers hands etc. I need to reposition some body parts.
My v4 figure allows translation of major parts like the hip, but not eyes, fingers etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Chris

Connatic ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 8:27 AM

I find this python script by Ockham to be very useful.  It does exactly what you are asking for.

http://ockhamsbungalow.com/python/UnhideParms.zip

chris1972 ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 8:44 AM

Thank you very much I will try it

chris1972 ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 10:54 AM

I downloaded the script, It works for fingers and eyes, but does not let me move hands.
Any ideas?
Again thank you, this will save me tons of work.
Chris

Connatic ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 11:06 AM

I never tried it on hands.  I mainly use it for shoulders, elbows and hips when posing extreme positions.  Maybe a pm to Ockham would be the best approach.

I know you must select the specific part to apply the script to.  It is not global.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 4:23 PM

Posing works different between IK(Figure > Inverse Kinemeatics) settings(on/off.)  If you have IK on, for the hands, you can Translate(and the rest of the arm/body will follow) the hands. Wtihout IK on you are just moving the hand part alone, so actually you are'nt translating, just rotating, twisting, and moving the hand side to side.

chris1972 ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 4:38 PM

Thanks
What I did was create a custom morphed body for v4 and brought in morph targets for everything, this worked just fine for everything but the hands. The fingers and hand are fine until you grasp them, then the finger joints look like crumped cardboard. I removed the morphs from the hands and fingers, but then they dont line up with the arms. I think I'm just going to have to start over with bringing in the morph targets positioning them so that the arms fit the hands and just leave the hands alone.
Chris

Connatic ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 4:42 PM

Angelouscuitry,
The question is about revealing the hidden parameter dials for translation of body-parts.  But perhaps you have pointed to the reason why the finger segments can be translated, but not the hand.  IK may be preventing the motion.  Parenting and conforming do negate the un=hidden dials from working on certain objects or parts of objects.

chris1972 - check your hand IK settings and if they are ON turn them OFF and try translation.

chris1972 ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 4:46 PM

Ik if off, Ive checked it repeatedly.

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 5:19 PM

I don't know about V4 specifically, I don't have her, but every channel in a cr2 has a switch "hidden" which can have a value of "0" = not hidden, or "1" = hidden. You can change this value, either by editing the cr2 directly in a text editor, or by applying a pz2 (pose) file in Poser. Below is an example of a pz2 that will unhide translate dials for the leftEye, and hide them for the rightEye.

{
version
        {
        number 3
        }
actor leftEye
        {
        channels
                {
                translateX xtran
                        {
                        hidden 0
                        }
                translateY ytran
                        {
                        hidden 0
                        }
                translateZ ztran
                        {
                        hidden 0
                        }
                }
        }
actor rightEye
        {
        channels
                {
                translateX xtran
                        {
                        hidden 1
                        }
                translateY ytran
                        {
                        hidden 1
                        }
                translateZ ztran
                        {
                        hidden 1
                        }
                }
        }
figure
        {
        }
}

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 5:28 PM

Hmm, I do'nt know anything about a custom morphed body.  Do you just mean morphs, that have been added to the standard V4 Body, and other parts?

I've heard of V4 having hidden dials, and I'm sure I've seen a python(or two) for unhiding them; but I've not encountered this problem, and thought the hidden dials were Scale?

chris1972 ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 5:35 PM

The script that connatic suggested (see above) worked just fine, it made all the translation dials visible and working with the exception of the hands. Its puzzling because I can move everything else,arms,fingers etc.

chris1972 ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 5:47 PM

I finally resolved it- still cant move the hand, with the xyz translation dials. What I did was remove all morphs from the hand, brought in the forearm as an obj prop, positioned it with the hand and upper arm, exported it back out as an obj, and then morphed the forearm to that exported one. Everything lines up and works.
Thanks for all your help.
I guess I learned hands and fingers are very sensitive to any morphing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.