Tue, Oct 22, 4:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:57 pm)

Subject: Reverse-Polish Supermodel Vickie & a quandary

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2001 at 12:48 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:34 PM

Attached Link: http://www.bbay.com

file_178302.jpg

This got started when I got some inquires about adapting Supermodel Vickie's (SMV) clothing to regular Vickie. Can't easily be done, but I thought maybe I could adapt Vickie II (with her extra morphs) to fit the clothing (and while I was at it, I could enter the result in DAZ's contest). Anyway, also no go, I needed to do things like pull the hips forward, no dial for that. But then another thought hit me- I could Anyway, here she is, Supermodel Morph Vickie (SMMV). There is a morph for every part, except the head and hands, and all must be set to 1.00, as they cross the seams. It does work, she looks good, the clothing fits, but what am I going to do with her? My first thought was to put her in Free Stuff, but I have problems with that, as I expect the traffic would kill Bbay's server, and besides, people tend to value stuff by what they pay for it, my hair in Free Stuff has lebende-leben downloads, I would guess half never even bothered to unzip the file. So if I put her out, she would be for sale, probably someplace other than Bbay, to give her more exposure, and at a nominal price. But she isn't SMV, understand, she is SMMV, who can wear SMV's clothing. She will not have the detailing SMV has, nor the small hands, nor the extra morphs (I'd put a couple of the more popular morphs on, but not the whole package) and for that matter she wouldn't get JCM (but Vickie's JCM should work). She would have the advantage of having all of the Vickie and Vickie II morphs, but remember if you do much with the non-SMMV body morphs she would be just like all the other characters, a body in search of clothing that fits. She would take Vickie shoes, and it looks like any hair has to be fitted, as Vickie's head needs to be scaled up a little (I'll give out instructions), but everything else seems O.K. So, what do you think- would there be any interest in her as a price-line SMV? Would she piss-off existing SMV customer's? Should I forget the whole thing? My hidden agenda, of course, would be like Gillette, give away the razor and make money on the blades, as the idea would be they would buy SMV clothing, and once they got enough clothing they would spring for the real SMV, who will still be the best. Incidentally, I have no problem with others making SMV clothing, for free or sale, I would just hope it was high-quality.

nitreug ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2001 at 1:43 PM

Hello Jim I do not understand when you say she is SMMV who can wear SMV's clothing. What will be the use of her? I understand in your first sentence that having Vicky using clothes from SMV but having SMMV using SMV cloths then I am lost. Can you clarify? I have SMV and Vicky JCM,what will be the use of her?

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2001 at 2:00 PM

She wouldn't be much use if you had SMV, I was thinking of those who didn't and wanted to use SMV's clothing line, or just wanted a more shapely Vickie, who could wear clothing in the future. ;-)

nitreug ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2001 at 2:06 PM

I have all your clothes and shoes for SMV. Just bought the bustier. Are you expecting to produce simple daily clothes for her? I like the t-shirt on this picture.

thgeisel ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2001 at 3:08 PM

if it means that vicky 2 could use smv clothes , yes I would pay!!though i own smv I would like to use it on vicky , because there are more faces, poses and so on out for vicky.

Poppi ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2001 at 5:15 PM

Since I don't own SMV, I don't have any SMV clothing. So, this confuses me.

Destiny ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2001 at 8:08 PM

I think it would be nice if you offered it to those of us who already own SMV :)

lalverson ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2001 at 10:53 PM

Having SMV myself, I fouund the foot toe MT you made for vicky1/2 to use the SMV shoes to be a true coup. and since i have bought all the SMV stuff (I think)and did the updates. I would say this. you are the owner and the artist. You do what you think you should do. I will say that your free stuff IS the reason I trust my money to your skills and talent, you have yet to come close to letting me down as a buyer. I gladly tell all who ask if your stuff is worth it wil a resounding hell yes!!

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2001 at 11:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=59542

The halter top is in the next SMV clothing pack, which will be out real-soon-now, the jeans will be in there too. Anyway, the link takes you to a render I just finished, this time the morphs are fitted to Vickie II (above is Vickie I), I really do like all those face dials. I think she really looks nice, especially in black (you will see what I mean). The bikini she is wearing will also be in the package, incidently. I was thinking about a price of $10, which is what I meant by "nominal". And it really aught to be free to current SMV owners, maybe I can set something up like that.

Axel ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2001 at 8:05 AM

Hallo, your art is great, and you job efforts are high, but you models are not cheap as well (even Victoria herself is cheaper). Of course $10 is a symbolic price. But, please, be generous and think about the Poser users from the countries without a possibility to use credit cards, even we here in Germany from time to time have problems with VISA and MasterCard transfer. Why it is necessary to post this great morph on bbay, why not here or on your site. In addition it is not so easy to register at bbay. I am sure ,that the owners of your nice SMV do not think like closed private club members, and will not be so upset, if someone else might have an opportunity to have this model. Let us all have a piece of your art for Victoria for free. Please, excuse me, if you think, that i am wrong. Sorry for my English.

black-canary ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2001 at 12:03 PM

Jim, you could do a daz or philc type thing of making it a free download for a week only. Or put it up for a limited time whenever you release a new item of SMV clothing...that way it'll encourage sales of the clothing. Oh, or you could package it along with your clothing sales. Buy a clothes pack and it comes free with it. Mary

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2001 at 1:14 PM

file_178303.jpg

Mary- Your right, I could do something like that, maybe I should, but I like to keep my Free Stuff seperate from what I sell, plus I'm worried about the traffic on BBay's server. People that have never had a "popular: Free Stuff item have no idea what a pain it can be, I had one in my ISP space and got a note from them about how much they were going to charge for the bandwidth I was using next month (hundreds of dollars). Plus I got kicked off one of the "free" sites. Bill was nice enough to give me the space, I don't want to push it too far! Anyway, I put SMMV up in the Market Place here on Thursday, she should be up in a couple of days, price will be $10. There will be the morphs fitted in a Vicki I CR2, plus the loose morphs for Vicki II.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.