Sun, Sep 22, 1:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: The PIcture BELOW ME....

mbz2662 ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2008 at 6:42 PM

file_399090.jpg

Here is a crazy hat, and if you look close enough there is sparkly on my fingers....

The Picture Below Me is a ROCK FORMATION.

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2008 at 7:14 PM · edited Sat, 02 February 2008 at 7:15 PM

file_399092.jpg

Natural Bridge, Virginia, USA.  This natural rock bridge was likely formed by water. The close person is still 100 yards or more away. It is larger up close than appears in the photo. Some little folks are in the rear.

Next picture...show me a refrigerator with lots of magnets, notes, etc., on its door. Maybe something "artistic" if possible.

MBZ..good job getting the hat and sparklies all in one. : )

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2008 at 7:14 PM

file_399093.jpg

Here's something sparkly for Yvonne!  :)

Now ... a rock formation! 

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2008 at 7:15 PM

LOL!  I guess we're all just hanging out here today, looking for things to do!  :)  Thanks, Tom.  I'll have to pass on the refrigerator magnets - my fridge only has a couple - it's quite bare of decoration!

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

mbz2662 ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2008 at 7:34 PM

file_399096.jpg

Here is my refrigerator with magnets and even a bit my girl's art from 1997 (LOL)...

The picture below me is..... A STUFFED ANIMAL

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2008 at 9:42 PM

file_399100.jpg

mbz, cute hat and nice bit of sparkly, and I officially crown you 'fridge magnet queen"

Great bracelet Auntie, is it jet and marcasite? 

Tom, that is an awesome sight, now I have to add Virginia to my list of places to still see.

And here are a few of my puppy's stuffed animals. Although at the moment she was ignoring them for the sake of a game of simon says methinks.

Below me is something hanging on a wall. 

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

So where do they go when a photograph leaves you speechless? 

babuci ( ) posted Sat, 02 February 2008 at 11:30 PM

file_399105.jpg

Like a stuffed animals, hard to find which is a real, but a shiny eyes a good give away sign.

One of my quilt, hand made of course hanging on a wall.....show me something see through.

seeya  Tunde.

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 6:37 AM

file_399127.jpg

Here is something you can see through. ;)

Show me something heavy.

MGD ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 7:02 AM

I see that babuci shared an image of her,

quilt, hand made of course hanging on a wall

The Celtic Interlace interests me.  Are those your own designs?  What technique did you use to apply the decoration ... did you use embroidery? 

About 6 years ago, I attended a class on the Art of the Celts, their Westward migration, with examples from the time of the Hallstadt and la Tiene cultures ... and finally into the British Isles ... and the emergence of Insular Style of decoration ... also known as Celtic Knotwork or Celtic Interlace.  You can see the class handouts by visiting Malvarack Galleries and then click on "ipsley house" at the bottom of the page ... or click this link.  The two of their books that I own are "Celtic Art and Embroidery" and "Celtic Design, Pattern and Color".  Wonderful resources. 

Your center design is similar to my gallery image, "Lugh's Ring" ... of course, yours is more complex, more interesting. 

Thanks for sharing ...

--
Martin

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 9:03 AM

file_399132.jpg

Awesome quilt, babuci. I'd love to see a more close up detail photo.

Looks like you've some industrious critter helanker, that hollowed out that bone. great shot.

Here is Heavy, one of the two bronze lions that adorn the steps of the Chicago Art Institute. Set in place 1893, sculpted by Edward Kemey, they were gifted to the Institute by Mrs. Henry Fields.

Below me is a photo of your favorite meal.

MGD ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 9:52 AM · edited Sun, 03 February 2008 at 9:54 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ... I see that MGD made some spelling errors ... 

Improved spellings (and Wikopedia links as a bonus) would be

Hallstatt culture C. 1200 BCE until around 500 BCE; late Bronze Age (c. 1200–800 BCE) and very early Iron Age (c. 800–600 BCE)

La Tène culture C. 450 BCE to 1st century BCE; Iron Age to the Roman conquest

You may wonder, Why do I mention these details?  ... It is to illustrate a wonderful link to the past ... to know that Art has always been an important part of human life, culture, civilization ... and that, here at Renderosity, we carry that tradition onwards. 

Please read, enjoy, and comment ...

--
Martin

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 10:38 AM

MGD, thanks for the historical backgrounds, misspelled or no. Art and history do go hand in hand and your knowledge addition to the photos enhances them for all of us.  

Yvonne 

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 10:41 AM

Very interesting ans beautiful items.
I like  the iron age and early Viking. I was so lucky to draw Iron age finds for a museum for 2 years. I even was so super lucky that I was in a field digging finds. The most lucky was, that it appeared to be a graveyard from late iron age til early viking age and it was full of amazing things and I myself found alot of them. It was the very best thing that happened to me in my intire working time.  If you are interested to see a little of it  in my old and deranged very first homepage. ;) You can laugh at it, but not so I hear it. ;)
http://pspkrogen.dk/gravfund.htm  there are 2 pages. Link to next page is below the firat page.

Helle

MGD ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 1:50 PM

I was pleased to learn that helanker likes,

the iron age and early Viking

I looked at your web page, but I'll have to see if someone at my church can translate it for me. 

I am a member of The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA), a world-wide history club that concentrates its studies on the Renaissance and Medieval time periods ... and anything earlier that can be documented.  There is a local group in Denmark known as the Shire of  Kobenhavn (please check the link for contact information). 

You might also like to check the web site for Crafty Celts

Enjoy ... Comments, please. 

--
Martin

mbz2662 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 2:58 PM

file_399165.jpg

Here is one of my favorite meals... Tilapia and Snap Beans... mmmm.

The Picture Below me is a .... DOOR KNOB.

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 4:28 PM

Martin
Thanks for the links. I find the Crafty Celts very interesting. So fantastic and beautiful jevelleries.
One of the fibulas that I found is copied and made with exactly the same material as the original and I have such a copy. Actually i have posted it in my gallere hgere on RR:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1554784&member 

Helle

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 4:32 PM

mbz2662
it looks so yummy and very alike what I ate on a restaurant yesterday. Now I learned a new thing, that these veggies are called snap beans .... to me it looks like sweet peas. LOL !
Actually i dont know what it is called but it taste so good. Mine wwere very crispy and almost raw.

Helle

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 5:11 PM

Hi, ya'll...we simply call 'em sugar snap peas.  I would need to taste to be sure..lots of peas in similar pods out there.

mbz2662 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2008 at 5:26 PM

I have seen them by different names.  Sugar beans or sugar peas, or snap beans/peas.  I like sugar snap peas, gets the whole name in ;-)    And you saute or stir fry them just til they are hot, and turn bright, so they are still crispy... mmmm.  One of my favorite things!

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2008 at 8:49 AM

file_399296.jpg

Mmmm, tasty looking meal! Sorry for the tinyness of the knob, short notice and all that... Show me a hair-dryer!

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

helanker ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 12:08 PM

file_399356.jpg

Hello !   Here is my hair-dryer. Pitty I couldnt find the very old one I used in the 60´s. Dont hope my husband throwed it out. It was fancy :)

Show me your best chair, Please.

StandsInAwe ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 2:47 PM

file_399372.JPG

You folks have too much fun here.  Anyway, here is my best chair - though this isn't me.  It's my in-law's chair and even the dog likes it, as you can see. 

I haven't followed this whole thread so I hope I'm not repeating something too recent...
Show me FOG.

awjay ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 3:39 PM

fog

show me some waves

ColdWarTendencies ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 4:04 PM

Not very large , But here's some waves , & my first decent shot at a bird in flight

Full Size is in my gallery

Show me ...........

Calm Tranquility

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 4:13 PM · edited Wed, 06 February 2008 at 4:14 PM

file_399375.jpg

A variation of a gallery image, taken horizontal instead of vertical. Show me ... THE MONEY!

babuci ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 6:27 PM

file_399388.jpg

here is some 50 buxs....show me a doll.

seeya  Tunde

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 7:05 PM

I refuse to put up my self portrait...LOL

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 8:20 PM

My daughters Geisha  Doll I used for a li'l photo shoot a few years back!

Picture below me has STAINED GLASS!

Joe

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 10:28 PM

LOL  TomDoll, ....oops,    I mean TomDart.  Love that sense of humor! 

awjay, beautiful scene, like how you put a different spin on fog by colouring it.

Fantastic lighting on that doll, l8terdaze

awjay ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 3:36 AM · edited Thu, 07 February 2008 at 3:37 AM

glass

show me  a  WILD animal......

babuci ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 3:46 AM

WoW Joe, this is a cool shot of the geisha doll.

seeya  Tunde

ColdWarTendencies ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 5:03 AM

Loving the Doll & that stained glass is also awesome , Keep it up Guy's & Gal's!

JeffG7BRJ ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 5:30 AM

file_399432.jpg

Hres some stained glass.

Show me some fish.

JeffG7BRJ ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 5:31 AM

Sorry disregard this I was a tad behind posting.

DCLEW2 ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 9:02 AM

file_399438.jpg

I hope this is wild enough... :)

The picture below me is an athlete.

"I have regretted not taking a photo, never the other way around."

-Curt L.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 10:01 AM · edited Thu, 07 February 2008 at 10:02 AM

file_399439.jpg

Nice ones folks, luv the flamingo! :o) Sorry, I'm a bit partial to this little guy in black. The photo below me is a battery.

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 6:07 PM

file_399579.jpg

Tried some long exposures with a LED light  to make the battery glow! Messed with the colors in Photoshop.

Picture below me shows REPETITION!

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 10:14 PM

file_399598.jpg

What great timing!  I was just working on some shots for my gallery, and this was one of them. 

Show me a picture of your brother!

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 10:16 PM

That pic of the battery is awesome, Joe!  WAY cool work!

MGD ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 4:12 AM

I see that auntietk is fond of saying,

"If you think life is hard, what are you comparing it to?"

This reminds me of a John von Neumann (1903-1957) quote, 

"If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because
they do not realize how complicated life is" ... [found here]   

... additional John von Neumann quotes ... and also here ...

Also read on Wikipedia, John von Neumann and von Neumann Architecture

--
Martin

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 5:19 PM

Nobody has a brother?

mbz2662 ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 5:23 PM

I don't have a brother.... 

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 5:37 PM

file_400099.jpg

Geez... had  a ***BROTHER*** right under my nose...or should I say computer desk all this time! Do'h

Ok... Picture BELOW ME shows a COLORFUL KITE!!

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 6:51 PM

Thanks, Joe!  That's awesome!  :)

No kites here, though.  I'll have to wait.

awjay ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 6:58 PM

back to my gallery for this...

kite

give me a very colourful car

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 7:57 PM

file_400104.jpg

July 4th Parade 2007

Show me  a HIGH KEY Photo

DCLEW2 ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 9:10 PM

file_400106.jpg

Here are my girls in High Key and selective color...

The picture below me is a bird.

"I have regretted not taking a photo, never the other way around."

-Curt L.

mbz2662 ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 10:05 PM

file_400113.jpg

Here is a bird.

The picture below me is a ... PICKLE.

helanker ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2008 at 3:47 AM

file_400129.jpg

Here is a pickle.

The Picture below is an onion.

LovelyPoetess ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2008 at 2:06 PM

file_400152.jpg

That looks like a yummy pickle, the spicy sort?

Here's an onion and a half, resting in my tagine cooking pot.

The picture below me is your laundry pile (clean or dirty, your choice)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.