Fri, Sep 20, 6:59 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Help! I don't know what I did.

avalonfaayre ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 9:37 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:55 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I used to be able to drag and drop from one image to another and then resize the image I dragged with the corner drag of the mouse. It used to work on the text as well. When I clicked on the layer, I could stretch the text. I can't do it any more! What did I do to change it, and how can I fix it?

bobbystahr ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 11:27 PM

Have you rasterized your type ?

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

avalonfaayre ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 11:41 PM

If I did, I don't know  how I did it! lol. I am really a doof at this. Just learning.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 12:03 AM

First off...what ver. PS® are you using..ver. 6,7,CS 1,2,3 ? This is important info for solving your problem.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

avalonfaayre ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 12:15 AM

i am using 7

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 1:12 AM

OK...when you add type in PS7 it's vector type so to enlarge it go to, Edit>Transform>Scale and a bounding box will appear around your type. When you've got it to the size you want hit Enter. As long as it stays in this vector format you can resize with zero distortion/artifating, but to work with filters or any of PS7's cool tools you have to Rasterize the type. Do this by going, Layer>Rasterize>Type..
Hope this helps.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Lucie ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 7:10 AM

file_399492.jpg

If you select the move tool and check "show bounding box" the bounding box will appear every time you use the move tool and you'll be able to resize and  rotate your image without having to go to "Edit/transform/scale or rotate" it works with anything that's on a layer...

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

thundering1 ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 7:14 AM

In full blown Photoshop you do as Bobbystahr says - you can also hit Ctrl+T to just bring up the Free Transform ability to resize. You shouldn't be able to just grab a corner, drag and it resizes - it's a command function.

In elements you can grab a corner at any time and drag to resize (very annoying - this should be a command function as you could do it accidentally all the time!).

hope this helps-
-Lew ;-)

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 10:13 AM

@ Lucie...but if you "If you select the move tool and check "show bounding box" the bounding box will appear every time", it does limit you to those 3 of the many tools available...even after Rasterizing the layer, at least in PS7 which is what avalonfaayre said she uses.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

spedler ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 12:00 PM

Hey Bobby,

For me your posts are all coming out in miniscule type - almost impossible to read. I guess I could enlarge the text size in Firefox, but then everything else is so big it has only two words per line! Could you look at the text size you're using?

Steve

Lucie ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 12:48 PM

Yes Bobby, you're right, but she's just talking about strectching or resizing which she says she used to be able to do before (without needing to go to "Edit/transform" it seems) so I'm sort of wild guessing that maybe she used to have that "show bounding box" checked and she unchecked it without noticing...

Lucie
finfond.net
finfond.net (store)

avalonfaayre ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 12:59 PM

Yes Lucy, you were right on target. I didn't know what I did to change things but that was it. Now, thanks to Bobby, I have another option that broadens my spectrum enormously. Thank you all for your help!

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 6:31 PM

No problem, in fact my pleasure avalonfaayre.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.