Fri, Sep 20, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Question: Versatile Anime' Model?

magrindell ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 4:04 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:22 PM

Hello and thanks for reading/repling

Lately i have been getting into Anime' and even purchased a few books on drawing them and now find myself wanting to take all that i have learned into poser. Problem is that so far i have Aiko 3 and she doesnt have enough morphs to emulate all the styles of anime' that i want to.
but she does have TONS of stuff to put on her.

I guess my question is this...

Is there a model out there that have the Versatilty to be able to emulate all the styles of anime but still have alot of stuff to put on them?

I wouldent mind hearing about both male and female models but mainly female for now

Signed
Anime Perplexed

jerr3d ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 6:25 PM

file_398013.jpg

I've always loved working with Anime Doll. She has a more traditional anime apperance than Aiko (whom i also like)

ashley9803 ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 10:26 PM

"Aiko 3 and she doesnt have enough morphs to emulate all the styles of anime' that i want to"
The Aiko 3.0 Morphs and Maps pack has "200 Morph Targets to Shape Aiko's Body and Head"
I think I have the LE version which doesn't have all those morphs inclused, perhaps you do too.

magrindell ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2008 at 11:42 AM

i do have the full version but certin morphs are needed to get the right shapes and perportions for all the various types. maybe if in the future they make a Aiko 4

ashley9803 ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2008 at 4:20 PM

An A4 would be nice, but I still think A3 is the most versatile character of all.
I guess you could make some additional head morphs in a modelling program - it's not really that hard to make morphs.

Daymond42 ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2008 at 4:54 PM

I'm more of a fan of Terai Yuki, myself. Not as anime-like as A3, or AD.. but oh well.. :)

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2008 at 8:41 PM
Site Admin

There's a hybrid AnimeDoll head Aiko 3 body here in Freestuff .  Do a search for 'madoka' by ken1171.  Another one I like is BelBel (DAZ - and again with A3 body) and there's always the free Kururu at Poser Club Japan with lots of clothes being made for her.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 12:25 PM

the chief difficulty is not with the plethora of excellent anime-style models , but rather
the inability of poser to do a proper cel-shaded animation.  with some difficulty and
postwork, some of these artists can duplicate the anime style in a still frame that required
several hours to set up, render and retouch, but when done by default users the render is
just gonna look like a poser 3d render - completely wrong for the "anime look" IMVHO.

wdupre ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 2:26 PM

I think it would be extremely difficult to create one figure that can do all of the anime styles simply becouse those styles are so varied some are extremely cartoony and some more realistic. I like the combo of Aiko and BelBel and AikoToon, that gives you multiple head styles with the same base figure. most Aiko clothing will work with all 3 to some extent.

FightingWolf ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 6:15 PM

What type of anime style are you going for?  Certain models work better for other depending on the type of anime style you are looking for.  If you are going for the traditional anime and manga styles then anime doll might be the figure you want to use.  If you are looking for a modern anime style then I would use Aiko3 with her morphs.  

magrindell ( ) posted Tue, 22 January 2008 at 4:40 PM

Thank you FightingWolf you hit the point right on the head.
and Kalypso I look up that site when i get a chance

Thank you all

And one have any idea as what to use for a good male model to go with those suggestions expecialy anime doll i dont like the morphs that turn the girls into boys they always look strange.

with heartfelt gratitude
thank you

FightingWolf ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2008 at 7:32 PM

The only male model that I would use for anime is Hiro3.  I purchased Hiro3 about a month ago and really haven't done much with it., but I know I will eventually get to creating characters out of him.  The down side to Hiro3 is that there isn't many clothes out there for Hiro3.

I think when I purchased Hiro3 I came across a statement where he can wear the male clothes from other figures.  I haven't tried this yet so I'm not sure. The one thing I do know is that I want to create some great male anime with Hiro3.  I like sexy anime characters, but I'm starting to burn out with aiko3.  I think it's way over due for some cool looking male anime characters.

Ariah ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2008 at 8:02 AM

file_398435.jpg

I, personally, fell in love with Terai Yuki. I think her face looks much better than Aiko's, especially for more 'adult-style' manga/anime characters.

And male? Well, I didn't find Hiro particularly fitting bishonen parts. I'm sticking with M3.

A general rule - don't try to use just one model for every single character. They are versatile, but not that much. Mixing and matching diffent models always worked fine for me.

Though. a good example of anime-style poser comic is Dragon Girl Noriko. Not mine, I'm not advertising ;) Look it up, it's really fun.

Daymond42 ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2008 at 8:46 AM

file_398438.jpg

I know I've seen some particularly good "bishonen" characters being made with the Victoria Male morphs. I wish I still had a picture of one that amazed me, because he was a dead-ringer for Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII.

.. and hurrah! It's good to see any Terai Yuki fan! If I may ask, though, what top is that you used in that picture? I like the open back look of that. Casual-type clothing is always good! :D

Here's a picture of one of my characters in an upcoming comic (yeah, it's been upcoming for a while... I have neat ideas for a plot, but haven't been able to successfully string them together). Her name is Miyuna... and I love that hair model. Yay for Future Hair! :)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Ariah ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2008 at 8:59 AM

Attached Link: Mask-da's shop

file_398440.jpg

Funny, the Terai Yuki model I'm posting is also a chara-design for a comic project ;)

Not named yet, though.

And the top is from Mask-da. Very good clothing!!!

Daymond42 ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2008 at 12:38 PM

Ohhh okay! I'd actually purchased Casual06 a while back (loved the baseball shirt). I must have overlooked Casual05 which has that top you showed. Guess I know what I'm getting next time I have money to spare. :D

Darn that whole unemployment thing. Blah, I say! It's putting a crimp on my purchases, and you'd think all this free time (aside from job hunting) would make for good creative time in Poser, right? Wrong.. I just stare at an empty Poser screen, or I clean up my Runtime directory. Having collected stuff since around 2000, and carried over my Runtime folder when I got a new computer or upgraded Poser, I have this jumbled mess of geometries and textures.

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Ariah ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2008 at 1:52 PM

file_398455.jpg

Sorry to hear about the unemployment problem - I hope it'll all solve itself soon enough.

As for male anime figures - as I said before, Hiro is not in my bishonen books, M3 is, especially M3 RR. The Japanese Poser Artists can make wonders with this figure, and the morph targets are free! (I especially recommend seisui's character).

In the picture there's Hiro3 (the small frame) - with morphs from Poser-japan and M3 RR (the one holding TY tight :)) with a combination of seisui's morph and my own.

As for Aiko3, I could never make her look half as good as TY. Maybe someone could recommend a nice looking 'animeish' character for me?

Daymond42 ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2008 at 4:42 PM

No recommendations from me as far as Aiko goes. In fact, she kinda creeps me out.. :) (Though, the queen of the creep-out factor for me is The Girl..)

I like what you did with the most recent picture there. Out of curiosity, what hair did you use for that Hiro picture, and also TY2? I've been kinda on a hair spree, because one can never have enough, y'know?

And as far as the job situation goes, I'm really not too worried right now. I'm keeping my driving to an absolute minimum, and buying cheap foods, so the unemployment money actually carries me rather far. My old job only brought in $8.25 an hour, and I had to drive 45 minutes to and from every day, and usually dealt with $1 in tolls per day. Simply-put, as long as I can find -anything- $9 or higher and near where I live, I'll be perfectly fine. I keep hearing that unemployment is pretty bad here in Orlando.. so ya never know.

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Ariah ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2008 at 3:02 AM · edited Sat, 26 January 2008 at 3:03 AM

A quick list of links to really good anime things in the web:

http://www.rose.ne.jp/~seisui/gallery/gal_poser_download.htm

seisui's download, great character for M3RR, plus nice looking haor and clothes.

http://www.3digitalcrafts.net/studiomaya/1download/index.html

Maya Studio, the Race Queen Rie's hair is the one I used on TY in the pic above.

The hair for H3 comes from a ranger pack for V4, at DAZ. It's not a freebe, unfortunatelly...

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2008 at 4:38 PM · edited Sun, 27 January 2008 at 4:40 PM

Attached Link: Breathtaking Bishonen

The best Bishie figure is M3. He has the perfect shape for a bishie figure. You can use M3RR (see posts above), or if you use M3 the figure, try this add-on, Breathtaking Bishonen: http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=1685 Here's one of my own anime style morphs for M3: ![Sebin Anime](http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j252/BastBlack/Art/thumb_1410437.jpg) bB

enigmafox ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2008 at 1:31 PM

Quote - A quick list of links to really good anime things in the web:

http://www.rose.ne.jp/~seisui/gallery/gal_poser_download.htm

seisui's download, great character for M3RR, plus nice looking haor and clothes.

http://www.3digitalcrafts.net/studiomaya/1download/index.html

Maya Studio, the Race Queen Rie's hair is the one I used on TY in the pic above.

The hair for H3 comes from a ranger pack for V4, at DAZ. It's not a freebe, unfortunatelly...

Don't let failures get to your heart, and also do not let success get to your head.

magrindell ( ) posted Mon, 28 January 2008 at 11:13 PM

okay here is a good question for you all...

My anime characters need cute little anime style creatures to play with do you know of any?

Kalypso ( ) posted Tue, 29 January 2008 at 2:46 AM
Site Admin

http://mochi.s86.xrea.com/

http://lab108.x0.com/lab108/index.html

Look in Downloads/Characters at both these sites and you'll find several.

You can also check PoserClub for other anime-related items and maybe creatures.
http://poserclub.jp/

enigmafox ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 1:51 PM

Quote - I, personally, fell in love with Terai Yuki. I think her face looks much better than Aiko's, especially for more 'adult-style' manga/anime characters.

And male? Well, I didn't find Hiro particularly fitting bishonen parts. I'm sticking with M3.

A general rule - don't try to use just one model for every single character. They are versatile, but not that much. Mixing and matching diffent models always worked fine for me.

Though. a good example of anime-style poser comic is Dragon Girl Noriko. Not mine, I'm not advertising ;) Look it up, it's really fun.

I really like how you did the picture, is that purely in Poser? Maybe its the lighting but i can never get my models to look like that

Don't let failures get to your heart, and also do not let success get to your head.

Ariah ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 2:06 PM

Yes, that's purely Poser 7.Lighting is my pet-peeve, I spent most of my time setting it 'right'.

Usually one spot light and one infinite. IBL is my new toy, though it's troublesome.

enigmafox ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 2:22 PM

Quote - Yes, that's purely Poser 7.Lighting is my pet-peeve, I spent most of my time setting it 'right'.

Usually one spot light and one infinite. IBL is my new toy, though it's troublesome.

What is this IBL i keep hearing about?

Sorry for all the questions lol, I am doing a comic and i want it to look nice.

But doing a 3d comic is so much different then doing a 2d one >.<

Ariah ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 3:22 PM

file_398837.jpg

IBL is Image Based Lighting, available in Poser 6 and 7.

In the picture, you have the same model, with the same skin shader, in two different lighting environments. The IBL is from Danae's Manhattan package. Complex lighting system comes from Orion's London set.

Neither is better or worse, they're just different and used for different purposes.

Generally, in IBL good skin textures look better, but bad look terrible :)

jerr3d ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 8:41 PM

file_398880.jpg

And while we are talking Anime, please don't forget the new kid on the block NearMe

enigmafox ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2008 at 5:19 PM

Quote - IBL is Image Based Lighting, available in Poser 6 and 7.

In the picture, you have the same model, with the same skin shader, in two different lighting environments. The IBL is from Danae's Manhattan package. Complex lighting system comes from Orion's London set.

Neither is better or worse, they're just different and used for different purposes.

Generally, in IBL good skin textures look better, but bad look terrible :)

Ariah do you do any commission work for character design as of now?
I got a good hang of poser but im afraid i can't do everything just yet regarding to character designing and lighting, and I am working on a comic but having lots of problems making each character look nice the way you do it. If you have any tips or tutorials you can throw my way or if you can offer some of your services if any, I'd be thankful.

Ariah ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 8:47 AM

Quote -
I got a good hang of poser but im afraid i can't do everything just yet regarding to character designing and lighting, and I am working on a comic but having lots of problems making each character look nice the way you do it. If you have any tips or tutorials you can throw my way or if you can offer some of your services if any, I'd be thankful.

Hey, sorry it took me that long to answer, I was away.

I don't take commissions, but let's discuss this over Private Channel. PM me, and we'll take this to e-mails. As I said, I don't take commissions (lack of time, mostly) but I can offer some tips.

enigmafox ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 8:52 AM

Quote - > Quote -

Hey, sorry it took me that long to answer, I was away.

I don't take commissions, but let's discuss this over Private Channel. PM me, and we'll take this to e-mails. As I said, I don't take commissions (lack of time, mostly) but I can offer some tips.

How do you PM someone, or is site mail the PM lol sorry i'm not sure

Ariah ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2008 at 9:22 AM

:)

Yes, the Site Mail.

fandoa2 ( ) posted Fri, 02 May 2008 at 12:59 PM

Quote - Hello and thanks for reading/repling

Lately i have been getting into Anime' and even purchased a few books on drawing them and now find myself wanting to take all that i have learned into poser. Problem is that so far i have Aiko 3 and she doesnt have enough morphs to emulate all the styles of anime' that i want to.
but she does have TONS of stuff to put on her.

I guess my question is this...

Is there a model out there that have the Versatilty to be able to emulate all the styles of anime but still have alot of stuff to put on them?

I wouldent mind hearing about both male and female models but mainly female for now

Signed
Anime Perplexed

try mizuho. its good.
http://homepage1.nifty.com/garbagesoft/zokeimain.html

22Chinook ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2011 at 1:18 AM

Attached Link: Picture of Alphard

> Quote - What type of anime style are you going for?  Certain models work better for other depending on the type of anime style you are looking for.

Very good point. I've noticed a multide of different styles if anime, even with a most basic categorisation,  and too many people think of there as being only one.

On another, related point, many people think that all anime characters have a slightly/very wan, large-eyed look. What about the more archtypally tough look characters, like Alphard in Caanan?

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2011 at 12:09 PM

You are aware that this post was created 3 years ago.

22Chinook ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2012 at 8:21 PM

Does that make the subject any less relevant?

There are still a multitude of anime styles, and sadly only a few have been catered for in the Poser field.

One day - maybe another decade from now - this post may catch the attention of a skilled Poser modeller who decides to fill the gap (it won't be filled unless someone knows it needs to be filled). 

FrankT ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2012 at 1:33 PM

nah, 45 days time it'll hit the archive bit bucket and be gone again

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2012 at 2:06 PM

"nah, 45 days time it'll hit the archive bit bucket and be gone again"

True, but people doing a search for anime  may still find it*.* I just got a dress and some textures for Ball Joint Doll from one of the 2008 links. You never can tell when one of these blasts from the past may show up and still be helpful :-)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Winterclaw ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2012 at 2:59 PM

The styles have changed a lot in the past 40 years... in the last decade or so since I've started watching, it's changed.  Noses are pretty much bye-bye and a more cutesy style is prevelent.  Plus anime targeted at different audiences can have different looks too.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

SteveJax ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2012 at 3:17 PM

Astroboy remains my favorite Anime' character.... I Have yet to see him done well in a Poser figure.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.