Mon, Oct 21, 5:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Vic 4.2 Download Frenzy....

mathman ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 1:44 AM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 6:17 PM

So when does it start ?? .... its already late in the day of Monday 11th February here on the East Coast of Australia .... I guess it must be whatever time zone Utah is in, correct ?

sekhet ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 2:03 AM

Probably, I think Utah is the next time zone over from me, so it would be about 1:00 am there right now.

jefsview ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 2:23 AM

And DAZ has rarely, of late, posted anything before 1pm MST these days. So give it another 13 hours.

Seriously.

Go do something else.

It'll be tomorrow your time.

Sorry.

-- Jeff

nyguy ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 7:41 AM

Good luck getting her downloaded today. I have a feeling with the amount of threads over at Daz artzone there will be a mad rush to download and the servers are gonna be tasked to the fullest with everyone downloading at once.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

cspear ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 8:00 AM

Has anyone figured out where to download her from? Will she appear in 'Available Downloads' or be linked to from the Artzone site?

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 8:12 AM

no idea, honestly.

It will be midnight my time when it's 9 am Utah time, so that's going to be a whole lot of fun for me.

Eternal Hobbyist

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 8:17 AM

She'll probably be making her debut via download.com like D|S does.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Casette ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 8:28 AM

She will appear inside a big cake (mwhaha)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

sandmarine ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 12:01 PM

hahaha, good one, cassetin! and yeah, I was wondering about the download link as well... I'm already inside the artzone waiting for the X moment...

Darboshanski ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 12:20 PM

Quote - She will appear inside a big cake (mwhaha)

I love cake! Make mine double chocolate fudge with a tall glass of milk!

I have no clue as to where or when the fun begins for downloading V4.2.
It was also my understanding that if one joined Artzone over the weekend
they would be privy to first downloads...who knows?

My Facebook Page

sandmarine ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 12:55 PM

i was told over there the download for the V 4.2 files will be in your Daz account...

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 1:39 PM

The Daz forum said she won't be out until Valentines Day now.

Orchid_Noir ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 2:11 PM

Quote - The Daz forum said she won't be out until Valentines Day now.

That was a regular forum goer making mischief, not an announcement from DAZ.  😉 

Official word was that she'll be here today and "keep your shorts on" (yes, the last part is a direct quote lol)

Want a shirt?

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 2:47 PM

BIG NEWS ALERT

V4.2 delayed again!!!!!!!!!

There's been a problem with the new pregnancy morphs, she gave birth to triplets unexpectedly while on the way to the downloads section of the site & her release has been delayed so she can breast feed the nippers for a couple of months first.

Joke, it's a joke, don't all hit me at once ;)

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

onnetz ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 3:07 PM

with triplets it would have had to be a c section by spit vertices....

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

stallion ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 3:44 PM

she is here if you do not have her in your available downloads then you will have to reset your V4.1 link and it will reset it to V4.2 after a couple minutes

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 3:47 PM

One can imagine a difficult birth, the way everybody tends to shrink the hips down to microscopic proportions.

My Freebies

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 4:59 PM

Folks in the Daz forum said only the Daz studio version is available because they are working on the Poser installer.

shipmanjonathan ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 5:15 PM

I just got a copy.  But the Poser Updater isn't ready yet.  However the Base.  She is still the same, only you'll have to inject the body morphs in the Daz Victoria 4 Morphs file.  Just look there and the morphs are there.   So, far I'm quite happy.  

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 5:32 PM

I just sent Daz support an email I can't find my V4 purchase anywhere in my purchase history!!!! She's disappeared! And I bought her and they even sent me the V4.1 updates. There is also no $5.00 voucher for uploading my pic to Artzone, either.

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 6:18 PM

i got nothing either

Eternal Hobbyist

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 6:45 PM

Quote - One can imagine a difficult birth, the way everybody tends to shrink the hips down to microscopic proportions.

Who is this "everybody" of which you speak?  Cuz I most certainly don't shrink the hips down.  And nor, last time I looked, does LinkDink. 

So there. :biggrin:

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 6:57 PM

me got something now !
wil go play after the whole lot comes across

Eternal Hobbyist

mathman ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 7:23 PM

I haven't got any downloads or any $5 voucher yet .... what gives ?
... and yes I did create an image for my avatar in FartZone !

Talos ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 7:26 PM

I just bought Victoria 4.
Interestingly, she came with Desktop icons for "Update Victoria 4.1, and V4.1 to V3."

Talos ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 7:30 PM

I tried clicking on Update Victoria 4.1, some stuff happened in DOS real fast, and I don't know what the devil it was. I saw something about "tongue morphs".
Too confusing.
Have to wait until Valentines Day.

Pinto ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 8:58 PM

Any body else experience my problem?

Downloaded V4.2 fine, it installed fine to DAZ people. (Not DAZ Victoria 4, as the original did). But now my V4 morphs have been replaced by a new abbreviated set, ( new 4.2 head morphs some male body morphs) and my original v4 morphs are gone. I tried reloading the original V4 morphs but the installer tells me I don't have the proper figure. I think they may have moved a little too fast on this.

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 9:00 PM

This might help...................

EVERYONE,

We've uncovered what appears to be the problem with the installers and are working to correct it right now.

The primary issue that many of you have begun to discover is due to a dependancy on other installers. In a nutshell, you need all of your 4.1 version EXP files/products for Victoria to be updated to version 4.2 to avoid their being a compatibility issue.

Any customer that has add-on products for Victoria 4.1 created by DAZ 3D, such as Morphs++, etc., MUST receive the 4.2 updates for those products as well, due to a version incompatibility problem between the 4.1 version EXP files and the 4.2 version files. This dependancy was somehow not communicated clearly enough throughout all the different departments involved in this release, resulting in the pre-mature delivery of the Victoria 4.2 Base product ahead of the other product updates.

The add-on products have already begun to be updated (earlier today) and are being finalized as we speak. Once they are ready, we'll be resetting the downloads for all of those products so that you can download Victoria 4.2 AND her updated add-on products, such as Morphs++, which should solve all the problems you may be experiencing.

We are working through the night on this one until they are all completed and will post to this topic as soon as they are ready. This will take substantial time, and in order to make sure we have support staff on hand to help you out with any other questions, we do not anticipate releasing all of these updated files until tomorrow during business hours.

We will post to this topic and send out an email to everyone who is entitled to receive Victoria 4.2 as soon as we are ready to release the products to you.

We apologize sincerely for this added delay, but we absolutely don't want to release Victoria 4.2 until all of these issues have been worked through and we're confident that you'll be able to begin using her upon installation.

Thank you in advance for your unwaivering patience. We're especially sorry for those that have been staying up late in the night in anticipation of this release.

On a side note, the MAC installer also had an issue when it got compiled that somehow didn't get flagged when it went through testing, but has been resolved and the new installer has been tested and is being uploaded to the servers as we speak.

Thank you,

Steve Kondris

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

JunkoH ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 9:14 PM

V4.2 downloaded fine for me!
I made an attempt to use the male morph. it seems fairly decent, posted in gallery

www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php 

if you want to take a peek

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 9:14 PM

Arghhhhhh! I did get my updates, but do I have to re-install even her clothes????? I just reinstalled V4.2 and morphs. have not looked at her yet. What about the muscle morphs?

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 9:22 PM

Latest is that Daz Studio also needs an update for V4.2 to work right, something like that.  The DAZ team will be releasing a patch to update DS as well - Thursday.

Well, I think I'll leave them some space to get it all right for us.

Eternal Hobbyist

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 9:35 PM

Well, I haven't gotten her to show up in my downloads yet. Member of Artzone and everything.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 9:36 PM

I installed her and she does not take injections so Anton is right. She is not ready! TG I have my old V4 installed in her own runtime.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 10:27 PM

You people really ought to know better by now.  NEVER INSTALL A PATCH ON RELEASE DAY, EVER.  Wait a few days "for the swelling to go down".

My Freebies

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 11:07 PM

I wasn't even looking for V4, but because of a missing file, I had to reset my base V4 download... and what shows up... V 4.2!
Few hours later, the V4 base download is back to V 4.1

I did get a chance to DL the 4.2... but you guys will hate it, I didn't try her out at all - I just needed the base OBJ to model around LOL

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 11:11 PM

What about items that were bought elsewhere or free items...do they also need updates?
Thanks

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 11:12 PM

The DAZ team is - hopefully - in a frenzy fixing the downloads. 

Things have gone less than smoothly.

shakes head

Eternal Hobbyist

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 11:13 PM

I don't think this update will effect any of the clothes or hair, just the way V4.1 did not effect anything - just the morphs for her body and some male morphs.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 11:28 PM

I'm sort of liking the idea of male morphs in the same figure... well, as long as they look good.
I've seen some Female to male conversions (and the other way around) that just didn't look good.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Fumanshoo ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 11:34 PM

Quote - I don't think this update will effect any of the clothes or hair, just the way V4.1 did not effect anything - just the morphs for her body and some male morphs.

BUT...the Daz admin is saying that we will now have to re-install V4.1 in order to use V4.2. This means that there is a potential of not being able to use previously saved V4.1 characters as Daz has removed V4.1 base and morphs from it's website. If this is the case, I wouldn't be surprised if Daz later came out saying that all the V4.1 add-ons need updating to be V4.2 compatible.

Daz has screwed up yet another release. Bad marketing, bad product testing, and no communication between it's software engineers and it's marketing team.

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 11:43 PM

Really really bad..... Where is Daz saying this?

tastiger ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2008 at 11:50 PM

Quote - Really really bad..... Where is Daz saying this?

forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

Talos ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 12:19 AM

I checked my V4, and she seems okay for now. My clicking Update Victoria 4.1 didn't seem to do anything. Meanwhile, I'm not touching that V 4.2  thing with a 10 foot pole for the foreseeable future!
Sounds dire. :-(

Casette ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 4:00 AM · edited Tue, 12 February 2008 at 4:01 AM

Available Downloads
We recommend disabling any download manager / accelerator software **
PLEASE NOTE:** Victoria Base is currently unavailable as we replace installers that may have issues

MWHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 4:27 AM

Soon.............. :D

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 4:51 AM

Whenever ....

eirian ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 5:14 AM

Quote - BUT...the Daz admin is saying that we will now have to re-install V4.1 in order to use V4.2. This means that there is a potential of not being able to use previously saved V4.1 characters as Daz has removed V4.1 base and morphs from it's website. If this is the case, I wouldn't be surprised if Daz later came out saying that all the V4.1 add-ons need updating to be V4.2 compatible.

From what I'm reading over at DAZ, it's not that bad. Note: I haven't downloaded the update myself yet; this is just my interpretation of various posts over there.

What they've done is change V4.2 so that the morphs are handled slightly differently. The "update v4.1" thing they included with the last patch is what will conflict with the new V4. The actual morphs are unaffected, only the way they work, so any clothing, hair, add-on characters etc should work just as they did before with either v4.1 or v4.2, and any saved scenes will still load as they were.

What isn't clear to me is whether we can continue to use the v4.1 and the old morph packs and have v4.2 installed alongside - I'm getting the impression that this isn't possible and either everything (base V4 and all the DAZ morph packs) must be updated or nothing. That said, if the update works as it's supposed to, I guess there's no reason to need both in one runtime.

(They removed V4.1 base and morphs temporarily from the store so they can update the download files. They'll be back as V4.2 once the update is online.)

HeCaRe ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 5:42 AM

For me incomprehensibly.
How can one spread on a commercial webpage such a chaos?

Mariny ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 8:25 AM

Hi.. I hope someone can answer me, because I know sooo little about the new V4.2...

Will clothes and hair for V4/V4.1 fits V4.2??

How do you download her??

Mariann

Mariny ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 8:55 AM

Hi... I reset my download, and when you see in your account page it says V4.1.. BUT when you innstall it, you see the new V4.2:-)

I went through the morph and so, and I don't see any new morphs exept from male morph??
Is that right??

Mariann

Jestertjuuh ( ) posted Tue, 12 February 2008 at 9:30 AM

I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing :)

To go to my home page, click the banner below.

Check my freebies on a regular base, click the banner below.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.