Sun, Oct 6, 9:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: There's a danger in digging around your old Poser archives -- Poser 2 render

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 2:43 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:01 AM

file_400556.jpg

I decided to look through some old Poser archives that I haven't opened up for a fair number of years.  I was uncertain as to exactly what I'd find hidden in that musty digital attic.

Looky here what I found -- this is one of the first Poser renders that I ever made -- in fact, it was probably created within 10 minutes (or less) of installing Poser 2 on my 486 back in the mists of forgotten time.  I am bringing this work of Art out into the Light of Day, and posting it in here before the masses..........so now it belongs to the Ages.........I feel that I have achieved true greatness............

The lighting in this image is impeccable (or "impickable", as I've heard it pronounced).  Not only are the shadows a technical marvel of the Digital Art, but they also prove that human beings can levitate themselves by simply using the Power of the Mind.  The texturing in the scene is beyond compare.

As an image like this one clearly demonstrates for one and all to see: we really, really need to return to the unsullied purity of the old ways of doing things in Poser.  Everything was so much better back then that it's embarrassing.

BTW - the black blob on the floor is a cat (I think).  I don't know how to account for that slimy-looking slug-like creature which has fastened itself to the top of the man's head.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 2:46 AM

*BTW - the black blob on the floor is a cat

• LOL, I was gonna ask what that was!!!

I came into this world at Poser 5 stage so don't have experience of these wonderful early models!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 2:54 AM · edited Sat, 23 February 2008 at 2:56 AM

Yes, those wonderful Poser 2 figures came pre-fitted with their own elbow-length latex gloves !  In order to achieve the same effect today, you'd have to go to the trouble of conforming some .cr2 gloves to the figure, or else you'd have to waste time fooling around in the Material Room.  Some talented artists might even use advanced texturing techniques.  Well.....the old Poser 2 figures avoided all of that unnecessary work & bother.  The latex gloves were a permanent feature !

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 3:30 AM

Are they not still in the poser runtime? Or was P4 that had them. Lo rez I think they were called.. I cleaned a lot of files out of 4  runtime so I don' t remember.

Jestertjuuh ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 5:54 AM

wow, some nice work there.

I was wondering, are you going to donate this gem to the Smithsonian American Art Museum?? **

:biggrin:

I am not a complete idiot, some parts are missing :)

To go to my home page, click the banner below.

Check my freebies on a regular base, click the banner below.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 8:56 AM

My eyes my eyes!!  lol
I knew it was a cat. I remember Poser version 1, so this pic is quite an improvement...lol

Winterclaw ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 9:38 AM

Wow, things have come a long way.  It's like seeing FF7 after playing FF10 or seeing the CGI that was in the original star wars (the trench run blueprint and the computerized planet) after you've seen the prequals... not that I'm suggesting anyone go see the prequals.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 9:40 AM

hehehe...that's too funny.
even the cat is petrified with fear. 😉

Comitted to excellence through art.

stormchaser ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 10:40 AM

XENOPHONZ - Put it in the Poser gallery. Looking at some of the canned work that makes it into the artcharts here it's bound to be a winner!!

cspear ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 10:44 AM

Now this is ART!

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 12:21 PM

Ditto Stormchaser.  It's not up to date, but it shows more work on
your part than many Poser "artworks" we see in magazines or TV.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 1:00 PM

Thanks to everyone for all of the kind compliments!  It inspires me to strive to produce more Art like this!

I still have my old Poser 2 CD around somewhere.........I wonder if it'll run under 64 bit? :a_cool:

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 1:16 PM

file_400576.jpg

Here's something slightly more advanced.

I'm ashamed to admit that I abandoned Poser for a year or two after I'd initially fooled around with Poser 2 for awhile.

But when Poser 3 came out -- I just couldn't help myself: and I got back in.

Here's a Poser 3 image.  IIRC, I was attempting to create a static .obj to import into AutoCAD in order to populate 3D scenes of the industrial plants that I was working in at the time.  Heh -- that's still an excellent function for Poser -- to provide background people for archviz renders, etc..

Only thing was -- we never wore safety glasses that were quite that big in RL.........

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 1:18 PM

You know, I think it might actually be fun to try and produce...*artiste de' lame

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 1:19 PM

file_400578.jpg

And here's a female plant operator.  Actually, I knew a woman who closely resembled this 3D figure back then.  She even dressed like this 3D twin of hers most of the time.  Once again: the glasses are a bit of an exaggeration.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 1:20 PM

Quote - You know, I think it might actually be fun to try and produce...*artiste de' lame

Hey!  I think that I could do that!  :woot:

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 1:24 PM

I think you just did! lol!

stormchaser ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 1:34 PM

I don't know whether to be impressed or scared!! :ohmy:

JenX ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 7:29 PM

Quote - Yes, those wonderful Poser 2 figures came pre-fitted with their own elbow-length latex gloves !    The latex gloves were a permanent feature !

...this, out of everything, kinda freaked me out...I mean, wtf do they need ELBOW length latex gloves for?  Or are P2 figures all doctors?  :lol:

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

jerr3d ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 9:32 PM

Looking back P2 stuff looks really primative. But i remember just being amazed, at the time at how wonderful a program it was

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 6:39 AM

lol I forgot the plastic hair. Where was Koz when you needed him?

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 1:58 PM

It's like looking through a window in time and seeing a caveman drawing on the cave wall and others are saying " It'll never catch on!"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.