Sun, Sep 29, 11:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 8:28 am)

Subject: Best Supported Female Character

stagehand ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 12:07 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 3:51 AM

I've been using Poser for a few months and having a blast doing so. However one of my frustrations has to do with available content. I've found myself going through this process where I might find a character set that I really like but then end up finding it difficult to find both acceptable clothing and/or hair for the character.

I have done all my shopping up to now mostly at the other two major sites for content and recently started shopping here. Frequently I find myself filling up my shopping cart with content I think is going to look great together, only to find out that either something doesn't look or work quite the way I expected or discover that an additional item is required and wasn't clearly stated in the readme file. The bottom line is that its beginning to nickle and dime me to death.

An example of what I mean, is that currently I am working on a figure that is actually representing a friend of mine. It is based on Sydney G2. I was able to set her up with nearly the perfect face for what I was looking for, got the hair looking good, but now I can't seem to find any acceptable clothing for her. And I'm discovering there does not seem to be a lot of variety as far as clothing is concerned for Sydney.  Either that or I am looking in the wrong places.

I am mostly interested creating realistic modern day type of scenes and animations. For the most part I've worked with Victoria 4.1, Jessi G2, and Sydney G2.

I am curious to hear the opinions of others here as to who you feel is the best supported female character available. Whether it be one of these three or another I may have over looked.

Thanks

Vampires

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 12:18 PM

If you want a lot of clothing choices, DAZ V3 is probably the best option just because of the high number of clothing items compared to everything else.  However for textures, bump maps and shader setups, content for DAZ V4 is more advanced - rather few V3 material setups include a bump map or skin shader setup, but nearly all V4 sets have at least a bump map, and often a specular map and a nice shader setup.  Not that you can't make these yourself, and not that all the commercial bump maps or skin shader setups are very good (sometimes they are very bad indeed).

My Freebies

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 12:32 PM

V3

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 12:35 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1574854&member

Best supported?

Follow the link to find out.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

stormchaser ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 1:20 PM

Nice one Sam, brilliant! :lol:

ghonma ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 1:48 PM

Lol Sam, that's downright hilarious, and so true :p

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 1:49 PM

Sam! You loller! :lol: LOLOLOLOL From looking around for free stuff and good out fits--I have to say A3.  I grab every free outfit that floats around, and A3 out numbers everyone else (outfit-wise) almost 2 to one.

It's dismaying to me, since I hardly use either V3 OR A3 in most renders! LOL I need to make more characters based off those two! V3 is second to A3.  Give it a another couple of months and V4-A4-V4,666 will out-strip them all.

I don't use her at all. LOLOLOLOLOL Figures.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Dajadues ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 3:26 PM

V3 is best supported in freebies anyway.

ezuk ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 3:27 PM

You might want to look into programs like Wardrobe Wizard 2 or Crossdresser, which allow you to convert clothes from one figure to another.  WW2 is more expensive initially, but it works great, as I can personally attest.  If you want to convert clothes to only one figure like Sydney G2, then buying a single license from Crossdresser might be what you want.  A license will let you convert any clothing to a single figure (like Sydney G2).  From what I've heard, the program works very well, though I can't verify this from my personal experience.

stagehand ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 3:38 PM

Quote - You might want to look into programs like Wardrobe Wizard 2 or Crossdresser, which allow you to convert clothes from one figure to another.  WW2 is more expensive initially, but it works great, as I can personally attest.  If you want to convert clothes to only one figure like Sydney G2, then buying a single license from Crossdresser might be what you want.  A license will let you convert any clothing to a single figure (like Sydney G2).  From what I've heard, the program works very well, though I can't verify this from my personal experience.

Thanks for that tip!

Vampires

stagehand ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 3:38 PM

Quote - Best supported?

Follow the link to find out.

Thats great stuff, thanks!

Vampires

stagehand ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 3:40 PM

Quote - If you want a lot of clothing choices, DAZ V3 is probably the best option just because of the high number of clothing items compared to everything else.  However for textures, bump maps and shader setups, content for DAZ V4 is more advanced - rather few V3 material setups include a bump map or skin shader setup, but nearly all V4 sets have at least a bump map, and often a specular map and a nice shader setup.  Not that you can't make these yourself, and not that all the commercial bump maps or skin shader setups are very good (sometimes they are very bad indeed).

Thanks, the more I learn the more stuff I find out I need to learn.

Vampires

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 4:07 PM
Site Admin

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 10:20 PM

:tt1: V3 :tt2:

Morgano ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 11:14 PM

Probably fair to point out that quantity does not equal quality.   There is plenty of good material for V3, V4 and A3, but there is also a tidal wave of junk.   For Miki 2, TY2 and the G2 women, there is much less overall, but there is markedly more good stuff than bad.   I have been re-installing Poser material in recent days and can attest that Miki 2, in particular, really isn't short of things to wear (or skin textures, for that matter).

Microsoft has always liked to point out how many software vendors write for Windows from preference, because Microsoft's market position is so dominant.   Yep, and the virus-writers use the same logic. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.