Thu, Oct 24, 1:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: LWitG week 8

inshaala ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2008 at 4:49 PM · edited Thu, 24 October 2024 at 1:30 PM

file_400592.jpg

Another week of pics from the team featuring gems from member's uploads over the past week.

The full version with integrated links can be found here

Enjoy!

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

jedink ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2008 at 11:17 PM

As always, the selections are awesome. Nice one ppl.

wadej ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 12:30 AM

Another great week of pics from this talent pool!

fredster66 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 4:04 AM

Very beautiful selections as always.  My congrats goes out to the fine photographers that were selected!  Great job!

G_Mansco ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 4:11 AM

Wow, what a splendid selection. Congrats to all of you ;O)

moochagoo ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 6:13 AM

Congratulation to all !!

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 8:03 AM

Yet another fantastic week, super job everyone! 👍

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

krakosky ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 8:21 AM

Many thanks for choose one pic of my works,I learned a lot watching the fantastic works of another artists in RR.

thanks to all.

Melen ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 8:40 AM

Wow, thanks for the inclusion in this weeks LWiTG!

-Melen

auntietk ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 9:00 AM

Another wonderful selection!  I always start my week here, and am never disappointed.  Awesome stuff!

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

busi2ness ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 9:21 AM

Congratulations to all being selected! Real outstanding work on display here and I think the selectors do an awesome job!

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

rockstrider ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 9:37 AM

Another  great selection of images! Congratulations to all and thank you for choosing one of my pics to feature this week!

I'm not homophobic - I love my house!!!

danob ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 9:58 AM

Some great picks and Bravo on the collage Rich

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

Charberry ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 10:05 AM

Very interesting collection. :o) Some of my favorites made it there, this week.

Art By Charlene
http://www.artbycharlene.net/

mark.spooner ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 10:21 AM

An excellent selection, well done to all.

Fred255 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 11:30 AM

Another great collection of images from our gallery again last week...

ecurb - The Devil

artaddict2 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 11:58 AM

Congratulations to all  and a big thanks to the selectors,   I feel quite honoured to be included among such a very high quality.    This is the gallery to look and learn from ! 

Cheers Alan

GiMi53 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 12:40 PM

I think LWitG is a great tool and - as you know -  I’m using it every week to discover new artists or pictures that I would have missed…
I always congratulate the selected artists and will do it again this week !

I know that the selection is a subtle and diplomatic dosage… everybody should have his turn…

(although the situation has much improved… I remember some years ago where the Hot list was more reflecting how active members were in the forum or how much softwares they bought from the site…)

But anyway, I’d like to ask the mods (I was told that the selection is the result of the staff votes) to pay even more attention to the creative and artistic character of the selected pictures…

As an example, it is far more easy (just costs a few Eurocents...) to capture a dog with glasses showing off on the Ramblas (for probably hundreds of photographers/day…) than to set up an original still life composition, a studio portrait or a HDR postworked landscape…

(Note for Ivan : no offense for your funny dog… You and everybody know from my comments and favs how much I like your Ramblas images… but in my opinion the selection in the LWitG is a different purpose…

Some months ago, a new category (Photomanipulation) was created… I think this should also be reflected in the LWitG selection… Just as an example, I’m missing James (awjay) wonderful work on tree lines (nearly abstract images)…

Important : Please note that my words are not to be understood as a negative critique to anybody…
I respect all photographic work uploaded here, either captured with a small compact camera or with a sophisticated DSLR…
I just want this site and his members to grow and to become even better…

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

vidovic ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 4:18 PM

Thank you for choose one pic of my works.
Thanks to all.

slawa ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 4:57 PM

Thank you so much... i didnt think that my picture was anything special but i guess some of you relly liked it :D thank you!

Fred255 ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 5:08 PM

I can't speak for the other members of the team, but I choose what I like and jumps out at me as being a good photo.  It may not always be technically perfect. I'm not an expert myself.  I try not to choose anyone that was in the week before.  I try to encourage new photographers.  To show case their  work, and let them learn more what we are about.  I hope this helps you understand some of the choices we have to make.  There are hundreds of photos posted each week.  We only pick 30.  So if we miss one you like, well that will happen. 

ecurb - The Devil

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 8:36 PM

Thanks for this presentation and selection. I always appreciate seeing images of quality I have missed in checking the galleries.

tizjezzme ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2008 at 8:53 PM

Wow, thank you for choosing one of my pictures !!!  I am most honored to be amongst such TALENT I see here.  Congrats to you!!

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

cbender ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2008 at 1:26 AM

cool   :)

and thanks a lot!!!
i feel honoured!!!

a fine collection of really good shots.. !

~christian

oleg_b ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2008 at 4:56 AM

Hello for everybody and thanks for choosing my picture again that's so nice
Oleg

AstronomyMan ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2008 at 7:44 AM

Wow, one of my piccies in the gallery.  Thanks for the show of support, it is greatly appreciated (and yes the telescope did recover from being frozen to the ground).

Staticon ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2008 at 11:38 AM

Oh my! Thanks. :-)

My sunrise picture is included among so many excellent shots.

It looked nice on the morning but didn't think it that good.

Many thanks for the honour - and congratulations to the other featured photographers. :-)

SFGfx ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2008 at 7:27 PM

Outstanding selection of pics as always.  And I too am most honored to have been chosen.  Thanks!!

TRANSCAN ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2008 at 5:34 AM

A very nice selections in  LWITG..
Congratulation to all !!  And Selectors too..

mairekas ( ) posted Fri, 29 February 2008 at 5:07 PM

Congratulation to all !!!
Maire

Lary ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 4:25 AM

Congratulations weekartists! Lovely photos!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.