Sun, Sep 29, 11:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 1:20 pm)

Subject: Somebody Help Me Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RetroExpert ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2008 at 8:17 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 4:10 AM

When I first started using DAZ Studio it was because I needed illustrations for the novel I'm working on, the story takes place in a "I Am Legend"-like world (No zombies though) but I just can't seem to get the right feel to the pictures, I mean everything looks new and that's okay for the first illustrations but the story spans several years, so does anyone have an idea to how I can give my pictures the right Abandoned look to it.

Lighthorse ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2008 at 8:51 AM

There are a few overlays you could use like from
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=deviney
These you will need Photoshop CS
Also you can edit the textures for each item. adding a grungy look
or aged look then saving it as another name so you do not lose the
original. then in Daz go to surfaces and change the texture.

Lighthorse
FalconArts.Com

Andrew_C ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2008 at 11:50 AM · edited Thu, 28 February 2008 at 11:55 AM

Both Paint Shop Pro and GIMP 2.4 (not the earlier versions) both support PhotoShop brushes, so you could use these for adding the overlays if PhotoShop is too expensive for you.

EDIT: I haven't tried these brushes in GIMP 2.4, most brushes do work now, but check with the merchant first.

RetroExpert ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2008 at 12:42 PM

Thanks a lot for your suggestions but the thing is that DAZ Studio is the only 3D program I have, for now anyway

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2008 at 1:05 PM
Site Admin

Psp and Photoshop aren't 3d programs...they're 2d...and you can down load free trials at corel.com and adobe.com respectivly

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

AnnieD ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2008 at 4:44 PM

I have Paint Shop Pro 9 and photoshop brushes don't work in it..what's your secret to making them work?

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Lighthorse ( ) posted Thu, 28 February 2008 at 5:51 PM

I also have Paint Shop Pro 9 and 10.  (  I like 9 better than 10  )
Photoshop CS3,  the Photoshop brushes only work in Photoshop
I also have CorelDRAW X3 and Illustrator CS2 no luck in them either.

Lighthorse
FalconArts.Com

Cimaira ( ) posted Fri, 29 February 2008 at 10:29 AM

There is an open source program called ABR Viewer that will allow you to view PS brushes AND convert them to .png files which you can then convert to brushes for PSP, I use it in PSP8
there are a couple of steps, but hey with all the great PS brushes out there and lots for free, it's well worth the effort, here's the link, check it out. ..[

http://abrviewer.sourceforge.net/](http://abrviewer.sourceforge.net/)

AnnieD ( ) posted Fri, 29 February 2008 at 2:37 PM

I did see that once..but it requires that yu install Microsoft's  .Net framework and I didn't want it on my pc.   I was thinking earlier versions didn't require that..but can't remember for sure.
You used to be able to just change the extension of the brush file..but not anymore..   :(

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Lighthorse ( ) posted Fri, 29 February 2008 at 6:59 PM

I'll Check it out

Lighthorse
FalconArts.Com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.