Tue, Sep 3, 11:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 03 9:02 pm)

Subject: Parameter Dials

sidossa ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 11:28 AM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 10:09 PM

Is there a way to delete some of the Parameter Dials of a figure?

Thank you

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 11:38 AM · edited Sat, 01 March 2008 at 11:40 AM

you can hide them using a python program , I dont know if theres another way  .

ok, I am gonna say it .... I resisted  but ....

What is it you want to do ?     Poser will show a dial if that parameter is defined for the figure unless its hidden .

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 12:11 PM · edited Sat, 01 March 2008 at 12:13 PM

Attached Link: Why it takes loads of time to open file with 3 DAZ V3/M3 textured characters?

Deleting Morph Parameter Dials, is a great way to save space in your scene; especially when they are just set to 0(useless.)  And consolidating the ones with values is another way to save space.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 2:33 PM · edited Sat, 01 March 2008 at 2:38 PM

A dial is just the visible manifestation of a channel. So the first question is do you want to get rid of the dial or the channel as well? In a Poser library file, each channel has a parameter named 'hidden' which has a value of "1" = hidden, or "0" = displayed. To hide the dial you can change this value either by editing the file in a text editor, or by applying a pose in Poser.

To delete the whole channel, if the file is stored in an uncompressed format you can delete the channels in a text editor, or a cr2 editor such as CR2Builder, or Cr2Editor. If the file is in a compressed format you will have to decompress it first.

To give any more advice I would need to have a better idea of exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 01 March 2008 at 4:07 PM · edited Sat, 01 March 2008 at 4:09 PM

Or if yous click on the little triangle, on the right of the morph dial, you'll see the option to Delete an individual morph.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.