Sun, Oct 6, 8:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: New Avatar!

johnfields ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 11:42 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:40 AM

I'm trying to spiff up my avatar- tought   do with only 100 ppi! what do you think of the new one?

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 12:06 PM

It's not too bad.  I'm not partial to the lettering in it. It seems to over power the small image and the figure in the middle gets lost. Now if that is what you were going for, it's bang on!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

nyguy ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 12:08 PM

I agree with Acadia. For the size of the Avatar, best loose the words.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2008 at 3:04 PM

I agree about the lettering..and um, if the gal isn't dressed, you'll have to put some clothes on her. 😉

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

johnfields ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 12:50 AM

Quote - I agree about the lettering..and um, if the gal isn't dressed, you'll have to put some clothes on her. 😉

She's chrome  no pubic hair or nipples...

nyguy ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 8:14 AM

Quote - > Quote - I agree about the lettering..and um, if the gal isn't dressed, you'll have to put some clothes on her. 😉

If you want to keep the letters loose the figure in the middle, or change the posing. I am currently working on a new avatar for all sites including my own. I was originally going to go with a Monty Python  sorta like this image below, but decided too busy. So I am working on a simple animated logo.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 8:19 AM · edited Tue, 04 March 2008 at 8:20 AM

Quote - > Quote - I agree about the lettering..and um, if the gal isn't dressed, you'll have to put some clothes on her. 😉

I don't think that matters.  To my knowledge only statue props that are actually modelled as statures can be nude without the nudity flag required.  Texturing a figure in a statue-like texture (stone, metal)  is still a figure which is nude.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

johnfields ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 9:12 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - I agree about the lettering..and um, if the gal isn't dressed, you'll have to put some clothes on her. 😉

I don't think that matters.  To my knowledge only statue props that are actually modelled as statures can be nude without the nudity flag required.  Texturing a figure in a statue-like texture (stone, metal)  is still a figure which is nude.

Even if the naughty bits are not there? I mean a statue with a bikini seems a bit odd- so robots need to be dressed? I'm not sure I get this rule - the point of clothing is to cover the nipples and pubis but if they are not there -what's the point of covering them- this seems a tad bit prudish.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.