Fri, Jul 19, 10:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 18 5:54 pm)

Subject: How to save a morph

Lakeesha ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 1:11 PM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 5:30 AM

Hello out there :) well after years of posering i wanted to make a first morph for some friends but i have no idea how to. First i tried this: I made the face and hit the + in the side menu to add her to the "Pose" library. Then i made a new file, loaded the figure and then the file i saved before. Well surely that worked but when i did that after bringing the figure into position, she flipped back to the default pose. How to avoid that? And i thought about making a bodymorph for her too so there is the next question. How to make it that the body morph can be applied seperately? I wonder how creators do that with seperate "head inj" "body inj" and "fullbody inj" poses? Can someone help me with that? :) Thanks in advance Lakeesha

LadyMari ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 1:57 PM

Check out the python script mentioned in the following thread:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2732900

I hope this helps!

Lakeesha ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 2:30 PM

Thanks very much LadyMari, i will take a look and try it :)

geep ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 3:20 PM

Attached Link: Making Morphs in Poser tutorial

Did someone say ............ Morph?

Try the link for some tut type info.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 3:23 PM · edited Sat, 08 March 2008 at 3:31 PM

Attached Link: Makin' Morphs tutorial

file_401569.gif

*(please click the pic to view full size)*

Or .......... perhaps, this one (link).

See Page 10 in the tut.

IMPORTANT !!!  If you made the Morph INSIDE Poser ...
DO NOT check the "As Morph Target" option when you export or you will lose the morph data.

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 3:30 PM

Here is the forum post SVDL introduced Spawncharacter.PY with.

And here is some useful information for manging morphs, using spawncharacter.py. 

Lakeesha ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 4:30 PM

First a thank to everyone who replied. But... (sorry G) ... i took a look and i wonder why it is only one slider. I'd like to see what dialers of the figure has been changed and adjust them in case i want to change the figure a bit to something unique. Like changing only the Breast size a bit instead the complete character morph. I managed it to do that for the head by removing everything out of the Pose-file that was 'not' head and the x/y/z coordinates as well as the rotation data. But for the body i am still failing. As far i have it is does not change the pose back to default, the head is excluded, BUT not all parts do change as wanted. It is hard to do that all by hand (removing the parts that should not be changed and stuff) but i'd like that more than a 'one dial' solution. The only prob is that i do not know which parts of the body are really needed to make it work, because obviously i deleted something that should be there now G Is there an automated way to do that multi-dial morph thing for head/body seperately without spending a fortune (which for me is already a single dollar).

Lakeesha ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 4:37 PM

The tutorials might be nice, really, but i have no idea of wings or blender or other programms to make morphs with. I thought it might be able to do characters just with using the dials in Poser :)

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 5:24 PM

I had this info before, but now have the same question.  If the dials are spun to create a character out of existing morphs, how can that be saved so I can apply it to the base character in the future?

I don't mind it being one dial, or even an injection.

The original poster, I think, wanted to know if it could be re-loaded/applied so that all the dials were turned as they originally were.

LadyMari ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 10:50 PM · edited Sat, 08 March 2008 at 10:55 PM

"I  had this info before, but now have the same question.  If the dials are spun to create a character out of existing morphs, how can that be saved so I can apply it to the base character in the future?"

I am attempting to find a post at Daz that explained this exactly.  I've done it myself, but know I would fail miserably in trying to explain.  In a nutshell, once you have the morph dialed, you add it to a Pose folder using the "+" (Add to Library).  There is an option (Select subset) to click exactly what you want to be saved for the morph.  I have saved full inj's (for a full character) and head inj's (for only the head) using this method and I've had no problem in applying them later.  

As far as spawning the remove files, etc., this I have yet to attempt, even though I have svdl's script.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 1:48 AM · edited Sun, 09 March 2008 at 1:52 AM

The question is if you want to save morphs, so you can add all of the right dials to a Blank.CR2(Figure;) or of you just want a file that will turn all the dials, of all the morphs already in a figure, to specific values.

To add all the right dials to a Figure.CR2, that does'nt have the dials; you would need a program called Injection Pose Builder, availalble at Daz3d.com.  It's like $30, but if your a Platinum Club Member($25?) then it's $1.99; and then you get a similar discount on bunch of other DAZ stuff, as well as bunch of free stuff(like M2)

To just record all of the values, of existing dials, you want t create a MOR .PZ2(Pose File.)  You'll need to research the forum for applications which will create one, or how to hand code one.  Posercan almost make a MOR file for itself; and help you get around not having one.  When you have the dials all spun save a file int he Pose library; and when Poser asks you if you want to "Include morph channels," click yes.  Now whenever you apply this Pose Library .PZ2 all of the dials you had in the figure, when you saved the .PZ2, will take on the value recorded in the .PZ2.  The problem is that this will also change the figures pose to(Joint Rotations, Transitions, Etc.)  So to get around this just save another Pose Library file, of the Pose you really want; but, this time, click no when it asks you if you want to include morph channels.  Now, can apply the first Pose.PZ2, to set the dials; and then the second Pose.PZ2 to set the pose.  BTW - If Transition gives you a problem(where the figure is in the scene before and after you save a .pz2) see here.  It has something to do with having the Hip selected when you save or apply a .PZ2; but I've got it wrong, so I wrote a thread and asked.

Lakeesha ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 11:17 AM

Quote - I am attempting to find a post at Daz that explained this exactly.  I've done it myself, but know I would fail miserably in trying to explain.  In a nutshell, once you have the morph dialed, you add it to a Pose folder using the "+" (Add to Library).  There is an option (Select subset) to click exactly what you want to be saved for the morph.  I have saved full inj's (for a full character) and head inj's (for only the head) using this method and I've had no problem in applying them later.

You explained great and i tried it :) That worked well. The only prob is that the pose of the figure will be saved to in the same file. But with removing all rotation and tranfer datas in the file later it would work. Well at least there is a bit less work than before to save what i want :)) Thank you

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.