Sun, Sep 22, 2:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: New to Vue

dhanco ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 12:28 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:13 PM

After seeing the wonderful work done by you Vue artists, I purchased the download version and installed Vue 6 Esprit yesterday. A few questions for anyone who can help and I have looked at the docs and several tutorials, but did not find the answers I'm looking for. BTW, installed on a laptop running Vista, if that makes any difference.

1. Where to install the extra content (zip file) that came with the software? Or should it be put on a CD or flash drive and still be accessible from within Vue?

2. It appears that most of the files are located in the Documents folder. Is this where any 3rd party addons should be unzipped? If so, where? By category? Or in the folder "Personal"?

3. A lot of the stuff I click on from within the program (models, etc.) wants me to purchase them from Cornucopia. Do some come with the program itself or are most in the zip file that I also downloaded?

Thanks for any insight, folks, been using Bryce for years, but Vue and its file structure are totally new to me.

Just stumbling my way through :) TIA

deanna

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 12:44 PM

I can answer question 3, when you have your object manager open in Vue, there is a little ghost icon at the bottom, click that and it will turn off all the content that you have to purchase to use, everything else that is left comes with Vue.

Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 12:49 PM

In your documentsfolder, in Vue6 or e-on software ( I didn't install my content in this folder, so I can't be more specific), delete the "objects" subfolder, unzip your content CD, and copy/paste the CD's "objects" folder here.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 1:11 PM

Welcome to Vue....you won't regret it.  Sharen

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 1:48 PM

And welcome to the forum.... don't hesitate to participate and ask any other question :)

Remember to check out the Community page and Backroom for links to tutorials and other tips to get you started.

dhanco ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 1:56 PM

Thanks for your help and found the 'ghost' thingie to not display the other models. There are some good ones and will eventually get some, I'm sure.

There are a lot of things in that 'Objects' sub-directories. Are they all replaced with items from the CD.zip file?

Thanks for the welcome .. I may start anew and just install this on my desktop which has more ram and is running XP. Vista seems to be a ram hog :)

Still struggling, but getting there and thanks all!

dhanco ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 1:59 PM

agiel, thanks for the welcome to the forum, you'll probably be seeing a lot of me here. I am in the process of checking out the 'Backroom' section now. Thanks for the help folks!

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 5:59 PM

The "objects" folder of the Extras CD has the same structure as the one Vue creates upon isntalling, so you can simply delete the one vue creates, and replace it with the one from the CD, it's a lot faster than copy/pasting each subfolder object from the CD to the same subfolder in your documents folder.

dhanco ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 6:05 PM

Thanks for the info, bruno021. I'll do that but think I am going to do all the installs on the desktop. This laptop is lacking in ram and video ram for much intense work. Really appreciate the help here and someday I may create a Vue image worth posting. :)

silverblade33 ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 6:52 PM

Welcome to Vue! :)
I left Bryce too, some years ago...much as I loved Bryce, well...it had been left out to wither away :(

pardon the shameless plug: my tutorials, they may help ;)

http://www.silverblades-suitcase.com/tutorials/htm/index.htm

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

dhanco ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 7:23 PM

Thank you, silverblade33, will be sure to visit. I've loved Bryce and not sure if I'll leave it totally. Need all the help I can get with Vue, so thanks again.

Trepz ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 3:08 AM

I have seen your Bryce work and all i can say is very impressive(; Looking forward to your Vue work.It is a vastly superior program in all it's aspects.Good luck,welcome and see you in the galleries(;

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

dhanco ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 3:32 AM

Thank you, I'm up all night just getting acquainted with Vue and really like it so far. Maybe by tomorrow I'll be brave enough to post something. Just commented on your terrific render. Wonderful image!

Trepz ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 3:53 AM

aw shucks  thank you to :*)

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

lindans ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 5:14 AM · edited Fri, 14 March 2008 at 5:15 AM

Yes I started with Bryce, but eventually moved to Vue, and I must admit  I love it even if it still beats me on some things LOL!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
and welcome to the forum lots of help here.

Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face. I am a traveler of both time and space ....Kashmir, Led Zeppelin

thundering1 ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 7:26 AM

Former Brycer as well - my description for Vue is Bryce on steroids. You'll love it!
-Lew ;-)

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 7:34 AM

Welcome to Vue!  There is lots of help available and lots of great sites around, so just ask.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

silverblade33 ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 7:36 AM

Dhanco,
Vue's pretty easy to get used ot after bryce, I think, as they are so similar in a broader sense, it's jsut finicky things liek the Material Editor and atmospheres that take more time getting used to :)

-Best simple tip I can give for better renders:
set light softness to 5 degrees and edit light properties: set shadows to 85%.
-Instant improvement!
-Well, not so instant, render times go up, lol, and graininess may require better render options, but it's a huge improvement in final look, IMHO.

Thundering1,
well, more like Bryce with a tempremental rocket engine under the hood of an amphibious truck with a sweet steering system, hehe :p

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

thundering1 ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 7:44 AM

And "Infinite" has the nitris-oxide system!
;-)

SapUS59 ( ) posted Fri, 14 March 2008 at 5:06 PM

welcome dehanco. :)

Thelby ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 10:18 AM

WElcome, Welcome to one of the Fastest Growwing Communites at Renderosity!!!
Don't know what wlse to add, but Verify all that has already been said. I started with
Vue 6 Esprit and if you need anything about it. just Hollar!!!

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

volter ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 7:05 PM

Welcome to Vue, we also have few tutorials at www.vuetutorials.com

dhanco ( ) posted Sat, 15 March 2008 at 8:50 PM

Thank you all so much for the welcomes and the tips .. that's very nice of you.

volter,

I've been there and will be back for sure. Thank you.

deanna

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.