Fri, Sep 20, 4:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: P6 reinstall question

scottl ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 12:48 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 6:17 AM

I need to reinstall my P6. but as of yet cant find the CD. So I can get another copy at amazon or whatever and heres my question.
 Can I install a diff P6 over what I have? And being a diff serial number and all will it copy over and erase all my content?
Thx,
Scott

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 12:52 AM

No it won't erase your poser content.

However, you need your original serial number in order to get the SR updates for the program.

If you buy a copy of Poser on Amazon, unless it's a brand new boxed version where the serial number has never been used, you won't be able to use it to get the updates from e-Frontier.

My advice is to keep looking for your CD, or contact e-Frontier or Smith Micro and provide them with proof of purchase and see if you can get a download version of the program from them.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

scottl ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 12:58 AM

Thx, proof of purchase would be for an old credit card I no longer use and the CC rec well.......and yes i would be buying a brand new version, dont like buying used software, just for this reason. Will have one more look in the morning...am very tempted to just start from scratch and organize it carefully, just no time for it. :)

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 1:45 AM

Quote - Thx, proof of purchase would be for an old credit card I no longer use and the CC rec well.......and yes i would be buying a brand new version, dont like buying used software, just for this reason. Will have one more look in the morning...am very tempted to just start from scratch and organize it carefully, just no time for it. :)

You can get a brand new boxed version here.  You can register the SN and get the SR updates too.

http://www.thebest3d.com/poser/

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

scottl ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 3:47 AM

wow, best price i`ve seen, thank you.

novelist999 ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 10:17 AM

Scott,

They were offering Poser 6 for a couple of bucks on ContentParadise.com recently. I don't know if they still are, but you have to sign up for their membership.

At any rate, I doubt they'll help you. I wrote to them with a similar problem once and they said they couldn't look it up for me.  Luckily, I found my serial number.

Good luck,
Bobette

novelist999 ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 10:19 AM

Scott,

One more thing, you might find Poser 6 for cheap on Ebay. :-)

Bobette

scottl ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2008 at 3:01 PM

Thx, the new owners of course just give me a dead link to support for e-frontier. Poser7 upgrade is only about 50 bucks more, tho i would end up reinstalling all content, Course i could get it organized and trimm off the fat.
 Funny how i love the resources that i export out of poser, hate the program. For the P7 users is it any more reliable than P6? I assume it does run on Vista, just looking ahead a year or two.
:)

scottl ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2008 at 1:36 AM

So does anyone know if i can purchase a CD burn of my purchase history here? i`m seriously thinking of going up to P7 and restructuring the files and being carefull about what I put on it.
Thx

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.