Sun, Oct 6, 8:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: blurry renders

johnfields ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 9:46 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 12:50 AM

I am having a strange issue - my renders look a bit blurry - I am using a nvidia Geoforce FX 5200 graphics card and rendering at firefly at the highest level - I can't figure it out - any thoughts?

David.J.Harmon ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 9:51 PM

check the depth of field, it maybe turned on.

David J Harmon
davidjharmon.com

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 9:53 PM

What format do you save your renders in?  If it's JPG, you're compromising the image quality.  More so if you use the default setting for JPG in Poser.  Save as a lossless format such as PNG or TIF for the best image quality.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Dajadues ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2008 at 9:58 PM

Yep,  agrees with Sam, .png is also what I use.

.jpg's do some times come out a  bit blurred.

johnfields ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2008 at 6:48 PM

I save in PNG. I had to reload Poser a few days ago and I think the DOF got turned on - thanx for the reminder

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2008 at 7:09 PM

TIF is also a safe loss-less image format if for some reason you don't want to use PNG.

What is Post Filter Size set to?  Normally it is set to 1, if it is set higher it will make the render more blurry.  It does something similar to gaussian blur, and "post filter size" appears to be much like the radius (in pixels) tha gaussian blur works in.

My Freebies

johnfields ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2008 at 7:45 PM

Thats it - it was set to 4 - I have no idea why - does the type matter  -box , gausian or sinc?

stewer ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2008 at 7:58 PM

Type does make a difference, yes.

My posts in this thread:
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3146722

explain what post filters are and what they do.

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2008 at 8:07 PM

That is good, specifc info, thanks stewer :)

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.