Mon, Sep 30, 7:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 3:32 am)

Subject: clothify help please.

trades2cash ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 1:17 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 5:30 AM

Here is what i am trying to do. I have a v4 model and a dynamic gown and i want the model to walk down a walk path that i have created. after several attempts i not sure what i am doing wrong. I start with the model and gown in a zero pose and go to frame thirty where i add a walk pose to the model. I clothify and everything looks great but then i add the walk path the gown goes crazy and is all over the place as the model is walking. Could someone tell what i am doing wrong. Thanks  

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 1:47 PM · edited Tue, 01 April 2008 at 1:48 PM

Any place where you have the polygons of the figure "compress" the polygons of the cloth, the cloth simulation will have problems.  Since this is only an approximation of real world behavior, basically the points of the mesh that are being squeezed between the two intersecting body parts will "squirt" away from the intersection.  In the real world when you bring your arms down to your sides, the cloth of your shirt is simply compressed between your inner arm and you torso.  In 3D software (not just poser), every vertex goes mad trying to find a safe place to settle that is at least as far as the minimum collision depth you have set.  If bodyparts actually intersect, as will often happen when you bring any figure's arms completely down, there IS no safe place anywhere near the intersection, so the vertices squirt out in all directions. 

re: your situation, examine the poses in every frame and look for any bodyparts that intersect other bodyparts.  Another alternative is to constrain the problem areas so they stop simulating once they hit their first collision.

My Freebies

trades2cash ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 2:05 PM

Thanks for the reply but am i going in the right order. Should i clothify my figure and then create the walk path or should i do it all at once?

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 2:22 PM

It doesn't matter at what point you "clothify".  It does matter when you calculate the simulation.  Pose/animate the figure first, and then run the simulation.

My Freebies

trades2cash ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 2:39 PM

Thanks a bunch. I see where i was going wrong now.

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 01 April 2008 at 4:45 PM

very well, hope it goes better for you :)

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.