Sat, Sep 21, 5:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: What a shame!! Valerie deleted her gallery

vlaaitje ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 3:11 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 9:25 AM

It was really a shock after I went to her homepage and I notice that Valerie-Ducom deleted her whole entire gallery.

But there is nothing left to visit her on a personal website.*
It was really a shock that such a great artist deleted her awesome work without a note.
I know I did in the past as well, and had my reasons for that.

She will be missed
I hope everything is okay with her, and  that she don't stop with photography

I think a lot members feel the same, she was a well deserved GOM
Valerie-Ducom - Forum Announcement

Valerie I wish you the best,

Ilona

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

alexsm ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 3:44 AM

This is sad news :(
I'm very like she's photographys.......

I can't understend, whay she (and not only she) people deleted the gallery?
If they whant to leave this place.... whay don't leave the work.... ?

Hope she will back to us..... :))

Gora ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 3:48 AM

I did the same thing a while back... but have started once again posting work here (albeit really slowly)... I too had my reasons... perhaps she has too... She was a fab tog, and a also hope she wont be giving up on her talent...

"If toast
always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what
happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?"

Steven Wright

Fred255 ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 3:55 AM

Yes we did know about it the other week. Kort wrote to her asking why.  She just said she felt it was time to leave, she did not want a fuss made.

ecurb - The Devil

awjay ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 6:57 AM

i will miss her here as she has allways been a great encouragement to me .....

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 7:12 AM

Valou has also encouraged me..when she commented you know it is sincere.  I love her work and wish her God speed in what her choices may be.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 8:42 AM

No fuss from me, just honest sentiment.....I as well will miss her posts of fine photographs and sincere comments...she is/was a rare one....may the wind always be at yer back Valou.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2008 at 12:44 PM

Yes, Valou had her reasons, none of our business. She is fine, just felt it was time to make a change and did not want to cause a stir (which I respect a lot) and wanted to go quietly.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Plagiat ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 7:48 AM

too bad, i really liked her work very much

bentchick ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 5:06 PM

I hate seeing these favorites of mine dropping out, but it is understandable. I can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind too, but I have met so many wonderful friends here on RR, that I don't think I could ever leave  it "all" behind. I hope Valou does the same and drops by occasionally to say  "hi". She is a wonderful artist and photographer! I enjoyed her work very much and wish her all the best!

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 08 April 2008 at 5:14 PM

It is sad for sure, I liked Valou"s  photography. If we read between a line we can know why she left...I just say....not fair.

seeya  Tunde

rockstrider ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2008 at 9:04 AM

I think that it is very sad news that Val has left Renderosity, but for whatever reasons I'm sure that she knows what is best for her at this time, and I don't think that deleting her gallery will have been a decision she will have come to lighly. I can only hope that she will be back one day to re-start her gallery - I will miss her work very much.

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2008 at 12:57 PM

I don't understand how or why people make a big deal out of others deleting their galleries. Yes it is sad but at the same time, they have their reasons but at the same time I feel they'll tell the people they want to or make a forum announcement if they want...

Just my personal opinion

Rights Come With Responsibilities VAMP'hotography Website VAMP'hotography Blog

Gog ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 5:37 AM

It seems a shame to me, that said I can understand why some galleries deleted, mjr was a fine example wher eI could one hundred percent understand his point when he left.

That said Valou is a lovely person and very talented so I wish her the best in which ever way she moves on.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

rainbows ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2008 at 11:25 AM

I am deeply shocked to find this link. I am so sorry Val deleted her beautiful gallery. She has always been an inspiration for me. I will miss Val and her work. I wish her all the very best for the future. Diane.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.