Sat, Oct 5, 3:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Graphics Cards and Vue 6

Paul Francis ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 2:40 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 3:28 AM

Morning, all, looking for some advice.

Last year I built my own PC for the first time, and was seduced by a relatively expensive (£125) Sapphire ATI x1950 Pro Ultimate (phew!) with 256meg on board and a sexy Zalman silent copper cooler, all factory overclocked and delivered in a box I could garage my car in....all this to play a game, World in Conflict, which I got bored with within a week.

Enter Vue 6 Esprit a couple of months ago.....big, big, big compatibility issues with said graphics board.....so, one re-install of XP later, a cheap (£25) NVidia board, held my breath, re-installed Vue....it worked perfectly.

I just tried the Sapphire board again, the difference in the quality of my display is astounding, you can certainly see the extra £100 showing up. HOWEVER - ran Vue, it runs OK, but is jerky and slow when moving the camera, to the point of being unusable, so, back in with the cheap board, all is fine with Vue, but the overall display quality is making me sad.

Can anyone recommend a Vue 6-compatible, decent-quality board for the £60-£80 mark?

My self-build system - Vista 64 on a Kingston 240GB SSD, Asus P5Q Pro MB, Quad 6600 CPU, 8 Gb Geil Black Dragon Ram, CoolerMaster HAF932 full tower chassis, EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti Superclocked 2 Gb, Coolermaster V8 CPU aircooler, Enermax 600W Modular PSU, 240Gb SSD, 2Tb HDD storage, 28" LCD monitor, and more red LEDs than a grown man really needs.....I built it in 2008 and can't afford a new one, yet.....!

My Software - Poser Pro 2012, Photoshop, Bryce 6 and Borderlands......"Catch a  r--i---d-----e-----!"

masstapro ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 4:51 AM

Always try to buy the latest Nvidia card.  You can't go wrong with these cards.
If your pushing large amount of polygons, then lean toward their Quadro cards, otherwise the GeForce are the best bang for your buck.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 7:09 AM

Geforce 8600GT or GTS with 512megs RAM rocks :)
It's what I use on this rig.

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 8:39 AM

Quote - Geforce 8600GT or GTS with 512megs RAM rocks :)
It's what I use on this rig.

I am upgrading from a 7300GT to a 8600GT 512MB dual DVI to use with Vue 6 Esprit Pro Studio.

My Facebook Page

Gareee ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 10:35 AM

I've been running vue 6 I with my own ati x1950 pro without any problems at all.. and I ran it also on my wife's system here, also with an x1950 pro again without problems.

What drivers are you using with it? (Ati updates drivers monthly)

And despite what you will here, there are JUST as many issues with nvidia cards as there are with ati cards.. I've own both brands, and switch back n forth every other generation.

Bottom line of late, is both companies really need to get thier driver acts together!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

martial ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 7:01 PM

I use Ndvidia 9600 by Asus  with Vue Infinite 6 without problem

Tomsde ( ) posted Tue, 29 April 2008 at 1:41 PM

Garee I posted this on another thread, but I was glad to read that you had good experiences with ATI Radeon, I have a 1550 with 512 megs ram.  I was wondering if there would be a substantial diffirence if I upgraded my video card to the GEForce 8600 GT with 1 gig of ram.  If I can't see the difference it wouldn't be worth the money.  I have been happy with the Radeon, it has better looking graphics than any other card I've had before.  In games it renders reflections, smoke and other effects flawlessly.  In Poser I get full texture previews with transparencies.

kinjo ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2017 at 4:13 AM

i'm looking for a new 256GB SSD, can anyone help me to find the best one?

i found this article on google http://www.deskdecode.com/top-best-240gb-250gb-256gb-solid-state-drive-monthly-updated/ and they suggest me to buy samsung 750 evo. how about that?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.