Mon, Sep 30, 7:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 3:32 am)

Subject: Matposes

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 2:50 PM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 5:26 AM

Can Poser 6 or 7 make matposes?

Can they make poses with posing AND materials in the same psoe file?

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 3:08 PM

poser 7 can save a material collection (in the materials room and library. Its easy to convert that to a mat pose.

There is a poser python script to write mat poses
RuntimePythonposerScriptsMaterialModswritemats.py

I dont offhand see whay a mat pose and a positioning pose couldnt be combined but it would need to be done by editing the files.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 3:15 PM

I've found you can bundle several things together in a pose file, but I think users are trained to expect them to be separate, so few people do it.

My Freebies

vincebagna ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 5:06 PM

They don't make MAT Poses, but you can easily make some.

Try this tutorial to turn material collections into MAT Poses:

How to make a MAT  Pose file for P6 and P7

My Store

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 12:46 AM

vincebagna - that is a a very useful link for me.  thanks

Eternal Hobbyist

vincebagna ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 2:05 AM

You're very welcome ^^

My Store

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 3:11 AM

Please people, and this is from the person who invented MAT poses (me):

STOP making MAT poses when you have Poser 6 and 7, or at least include the original Material Collections in your products. Especially when you've already gone and made the hair into a figure.

That is all.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 3:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/appleyard/3d/horseshoes_aa.zip

> Quote - I've found you can bundle several things together in a pose file, but I think users are trained to expect them to be separate, so few people do it.

One of my uploads is horseshoes for the Poser horse: it is 4 smart props in one Poser prop file.

Dajadues ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 6:53 AM

I've been trying to make my own MATS in P5.

What is the best way?

trades2cash ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 10:48 AM

I have been trying to make a mat pose for two days now and i still get nothing. I made a mesh in blender and imported it into poser as a wavefront object. I go into the material room and add my material and save it. I then copy that to my pose folder and rename the extension to a pz2 file and use my text editor as the above tutorial states. When i reload the prop and go to the mat pose in the pose folder, nothing happens when i apply the mat pose. I am new to this but i have read several tutorials on the subject. It seems so easy so i know i am doing something wrong, does anyone have any ideals. Thanks......

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 10:58 AM

When will Poser be directly able to:-

• Make matposes, or a pose with posing AND materials in it.
  • Make a prop that points to its geometry with an objFileGeom line.

http://www.vincebagna.com/tutorials/matpose/matposeen.htm seems to be clear, if you know how to make a Poser 6/7 "material collection" file.

vincebagna ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 11:17 AM

trades2cash - Be aware you have to have a figure in your scene to be able to load a MAT Pose on a prop.

My Store

trades2cash ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 11:28 AM

Thanks vincebagna. It totally works now. I knew i was missing something so very simple. You made my day. Thanks again..

vincebagna ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2008 at 12:59 PM

You are very welcome :)

My Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.