Tue, Oct 1, 2:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: 3dsmax and poser

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2008 at 8:39 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 2:23 PM
Site Admin

I have some animals in 3ds max that I would like to use in poser as figures. I'm a real newbee in 3dsmax and might have reached an intermediate level of poser. My question is how do I make these things into figures that I can pose? Do I need to do something to them in max first before importing them? Once I import them what do I do in poser? Is this something way beyond a newbee?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ranman38 ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2008 at 9:15 AM

Figures require bones, therefore, you need to know how to do bones in poser, once imported. I suggest searching for DR. Geep tutorials, and see if you can get closer to giving it a try after reading some of those. As far as what to do in max, the gwobjimporter / exporter plugin, it does a good job of poserizing your object.

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2008 at 9:17 AM

You need to import the figure into Poser and rig it.  It is not trivial but you can learn it :)
http://www.philc.net/tutorialsIndex.htm  scroll to bottom, Phil Cooke has a series of excellent video tutorials on rigging in Poser available on Youtube at no cost.

My Freebies

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2008 at 10:33 AM

Agree with all of the above. I would like to add you also have to worry about grouping and scale of the figure you import.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2008 at 10:57 AM

Hey. We were all Newbies at one point. No faster way to learn than to jump right in there and give it the good old college try!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2008 at 4:16 PM
Site Admin

Thanks all. I'll give it a try. I may be back for more help.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2008 at 4:43 PM

If your obj is grouped phi builder can speed up figure creation a little.

check out downloads at e-frontier , poser 3 downloads , document on figure creation using phi files.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.