Tue, Oct 1, 2:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: Let's get behind the current Poser Challenge

ashley9803 ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 5:14 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 2:26 PM

The current Challenge doesn't come any simpler, just using primitives in a render.
I have been a past critic of how these challenges are conducted, but I'd hate to see them die out through lack of interest.
As I've heard many on here cry out for some inspiration and direction, could we possibly all pull together and make this a real competition by submitting something?
Come on guys.

stormchaser ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 7:42 AM

You're asking me to make a render in Poser? Go & wash your mouth out, LOL! :biggrin:

I probably wouldn't even know how to anymore!

ashley9803 ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 8:16 AM

To tell the truth, I don't render in Poser any more.
But it's the thought that counts.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 9:53 AM

I've been working on it...or trying. Life keeps getting in the way and side tracking me. TBH I haven't been in Poser except to beta test, and to write the odd picture tutorial for someone here, for at least 3 months if not longer. I guess I over indulged and got bored with it.

But I will keep trying. There is still time. Don't know if I'll manage to get an image done though.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 1:32 PM

I wonder how many reflective balls on a checker board plane there are going to be . . .

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

ashley9803 ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 4:51 PM

Damn FrankT. **
I guess I'll have to start over again!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 5:05 PM

Quote - I wonder how many reflective balls on a checker board plane there are going to be . . .

Enough to give Bryce fans a run for their money?

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 8:02 PM

I decided that this one was simple enough for me to even submit an entry.

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2008 at 6:21 AM

Quote - I wonder how many reflective balls on a checker board plane there are going to be . . .

heh, hey, I'd actually like to see someone pull that off in Poser ;)

Hey, guys :)  I made this month's challenge simple after getting several site- and e-mails from newer members who'd like a challenge that wasn't as complicated as past challenges.  So, the idea for primitives came along :)  They come with Poser, so everyone has them ;)

Thanks for all who've participated so far, thought about it, looked at the thread, and may even submit an entry :)  All entries (following guidelines, of course) are welcome :)

Jeni

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2008 at 12:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - I wonder how many reflective balls on a checker board plane there are going to be . . .

heh, hey, I'd actually like to see someone pull that off in Poser ;)

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1439760&member

Like that? Done entirely in Poser.

I would use that image except one of the rules is "no nudity" so I am trying to do something else to enter.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2008 at 5:12 PM

file_406261.jpg

This is not my entry - just a little amusement motivated by FrankT's question.

There are 201 hi-res spheres. I was going to do 1001, but Poser 7 never finished loading them, so I had to drop the number.

So - can anybody get more?

Note: I made Poser really work hard for this image. The floor is reflective with Fresnel effect and also has AO on it. I see some things I'd like to adjust, but it just isn't worth the time.

Click for full size.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2008 at 6:18 PM

file_406266.jpg

By the way, the sphere ain't the only way to get round shiny things.

Here's a demo of something I did for a friend recently. He needed LOTS of bubbles.

I made a shader that generates them on a one-sided square. This scene has two of them, each with 10,000 bubbles. That's 20,000 bubbles altogether. You can't see them all because I cropped the shot.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

JenX ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2008 at 10:12 PM

That's some pretty awesome stuff, Bill :)

Oh, and Arcadia, the reason we have the nudity rule is that all entries of all contest here need to be accessible by all members, including those of whom have "No Nudity" set for viewing on their profile.  Otherwise, I wouldn't shun tasteful nudity in challenges.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2008 at 1:20 AM · edited Sat, 17 May 2008 at 1:27 AM

file_406287.jpg

Here's one with 30 rows of 10 which equals 300 high res balls. I don't like doing a lot of renders like this as my computer wants to bill me for the overtime it takes to render.;D OK! I confess! It's really only 1 object. I took 10 balls and exported them as wavefront object then imported it thirty times exported them again as 1 object then imported that object textured the object and rendered. It still made my computer wish it was retired. :D

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2008 at 6:42 AM

Nice. Export 10/Import 1 is a good technique for this sort of thing. I used that technique for my entry, but not on balls, on boxes.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2008 at 5:58 PM
Site Admin

man, you mean I could have done something simple like  reflective balls on a checker board? Why didn't  I think of that? Here I had to go for the elabrate hard stuff. figures ;)

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.