Fri, Sep 20, 6:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:17 pm)

Subject: A public thanks

picnic ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 1999 at 9:06 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 1:09 PM

I have to tell all of you that w/o the great support and pointers from this group, coming to grips with Poser (and utilities associated with it) over the last several months would have been a lot more frustrating. With other apps, I've just usually gritted my teeth and spent months figuring them out, but I've been able to move along a lot faster with the help of this forum. Its also great fun to be associated with PF-there seem to always be ups and downs to this group, but in the end it goes back to doing what it does best-working and creating with Poser and supporting others who are trying to improve their skills. I'm sure glad I found the forum before I had Poser, that I stuck with it long enough to make the decision to buy P4 and that I've stayed around here probably more than any other ng or forum I've been involved with over quite a number of years (but just found 3D graphics this late spring-a whole 'nother addiction LOL). My little excursion into UVMapper and the quick help I got are just one example of the (relatively-VBG) non-judgemental help and support I've gotten from this group. Knowledge and quick wits are the hallmarks of the group. Thanks again. Diane

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 1999 at 9:13 AM

Aww..(teehee) aww shucks..thanks Dee! :) hehehe. PAN~ by the way..I agree..this forum DOES provide the best environment. Anyone try visiting one of those confusing Adobe Forums? Dear jehosaphats! I couldn't even FIND my posts after I'd posted them they are so confusing! Not to mention it took DAYS 'fore anyone even replied. Nothing like the Insta-post / Insta-replies you get here. Heck this forum is so quick to respond to questions I've gotten emails to questions I haven't even ASKED yet!

Ikyoto ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 1999 at 9:36 AM

all we need now is a group hug.... (watch where you put that hand PAN~... unless you intend to buy me dinner...) Seriously Diane, You are right. With the tips and suggestions I picked up here I turned a hobby into a job. ..and before anyone asks, no I will NOT share my paycheck!

picnic ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 1999 at 9:56 AM

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Just for Ikyoto. D.

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 1999 at 10:15 AM

Ooooohhh! I love warm and fuzzies. But seriously, I've found most of the folks on the Internet in general to be a very friendly and generous bunch. I've made a lot of friends through e-mail and this forum. You've all been such great "teachers" and "advisors" and we've learned so much through this site. We're also allowed to "sound off" occasionally, even if it has sometimes strayed off the subject, and everyone seems to show a great deal of patience in explaining things. Diane, I was going to post something similar to yours myself, but you beat me to it. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, how nice everyone here is. Thanks so much to everyone. Even though I've never met any of you face-to-face, I feel as if I know many of you. Melanie

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 1999 at 11:49 AM

all right... now it's getting mushy! :) thanks diane (this means i'm not in trouble any more for that uvmapper fiasco, right?); thanks melanie; thanks everybody who helped me; and you're welcome to everybody i've helped.

picnic ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 1999 at 12:39 PM

Bloodsong, you're not off the hook yet. See an above thread. I think I need to do more to that texture template, but not sure what. You'll see LOL. Diane

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 1999 at 12:41 PM

I have to second everything Diane said. I found this forum when I was stuck on something in Poser 3 and found the answer I needed plus many, many more. I know it has helped me get to where I am. Nobody I know in my non-internet life works with Poser, so this is my best source of info and input. Yeah, more warm & fuzzies........................ Thanks everyone! Diane (the other other Diane)

coldrake ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 1999 at 4:27 PM

Thanks Diane. I couldn't agree with you more. I really didn't work much with Poser until I found this forum. All the information and help here has been invaluable. I wouldn't be doing half the stuff I'm doing now without this place. Thanks to everyone, and if I've been able to help here and there, glad I could give something back. W&F's, oooo! I'm all a-flutter! : ) Coldrake

Foxhollow ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 1999 at 5:40 PM

heheh...we have a hidden agenda, Diane...waiting for some of your fabulous looking textures!!!!!! :D

RadArt ( ) posted Sun, 19 September 1999 at 11:25 PM

Now this is the stuff this forum is about; all the beautiful knowledge and wisdom and talent brought together by all of us into one big archive. I think in a lot of ways, this place is like a family; we are all brothers and sisters and our art is our children and we are all here to bring up our children as best as we can; and with all these talented parents all in one place together learning and sharing with each other, our children should grow up to be the best in the world! Nice thread picnic... Radart.

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 1999 at 2:12 PM

...eh..anybody know where MY kids went? Dang...I'm so in trouble with the Miss'. PAN~

RadArt ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 1999 at 8:32 PM

Me thinks I saw them at the 3D Cafe watching Pokemon movies!!

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Wed, 22 September 1999 at 10:12 AM

THOSE dang kids!! I told them NO Pokemon...NO no no! PAN~ paddle in hand and ready to open a can o' whoop -ss!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.