Sat, Sep 21, 11:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Working Hard To Make Your Free Stuff Down Load Section, A Better Experiance.

SGT2005 ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2008 at 11:17 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

Over the next month or how ever long it takes, I will be going through the freestuff downloads section looking for dead links. If you have items posted with a dead link please let me know or remove those items. This is going to take a lot of work from Bobby and myself. Please be patient.

I have a few Ideas kicking around to better this area, so keep your eyes open for "opinions needed" all post here in a few days.  Right now we are tops when it comes to free stuff selections in the various area's.

A question was brought up about the idea of working with a freebie provider and creating addons or textures. While we protect the author of each download they post,  I would like to encourage free stuff providers to think about maybe working with other members who have these suggestions.

Feel free to post suggestions or feed back in this post.

Lets make this year in free stuff section  the best ever :=)

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

University of Pheonix Alumni 2008
AA Criminal Justice Degree
BA Criminal Justice Degree

Currently study in Parapsychology

johnfields ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2008 at 6:31 PM

Thank you, it's gonna take you a while - i appreciate the effort

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2008 at 9:40 PM

thanks, sarge.
there's a new item - argile trial version (mac) but it's an exe file (invalid for OS X).

wilddeej ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2008 at 1:41 PM

I'm not sure this counts as a "broken link", but I've never been able to register at www.3dpmr.com despite multiple attempts.  SInce you apparently must be registered to get anywhere into this site, this of course means that all the stuff that's hosted there from Renderosity can't be accessed.  By me, anyway.  Has anyone else had trouble with this site?  I seem to be able to register OK, but the promised email never arrives, and so I can't complete the registration process.  And no, I don't have any funky email verification programs set up.
Can anyone help in any way with this?  Thanx in advance!

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2008 at 5:50 PM

Aa I come across links I used to always send a PM to a moderator, but then I was told that sometimes the links are only temporarily dead because of bandwidth issues.  So I stopped bothering.

Though the other day I did send Bobby a PM about some free stuff that couldn't be found at the site linked to.

Are you going to be contacting the people before you delete their content, just in case it is a bandwidth issue and not a really dead link?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SGT2005 ( ) posted Tue, 27 May 2008 at 5:59 PM

@ Acadia. 

We always contact the author of their work and give a substantial amount of time before deleting the item.

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

wilddeej ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 7:22 AM

Is this the appropriate place to report broken links then?  If so, "Martini Glass Furniture" by xcompletedreamsx comes up as a 404.  If not, well.. never mind!

SGT2005 ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 7:25 AM

Thank you wilddeej  looking into it now .

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

wilddeej ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 2:01 AM

Found another. "Shattered Glass Brushes" by slshimerdla directs downloads to
http://www.brushes.obsidiandawn.com/sets/shattered-glass.php, which should instead be
http://www.brushes.obsidiandawn.com/sets/shattered-glass.htm

Daidalos ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 2:51 PM

As some of you know, I'll be the last person to ever criticize free stuff.

But I would like to suggest, and ask about the chances of getting a report dead, missing, or broken link button in the free section here.

I think we could use one here. The other day I perused the free section for about an hour or so, and found at least six different free items that had links that either went to 404 page not found, or in some cases, ad websites, or sites that said "this domain name is for sale" etc.....

I reported some of those to the administration. Via Pm.

But I think it would make it alot easier for the admins to get reports of such links, and I'm sure it would make it easier for members, to report dead, missing, or broken links to the site administration if we had such a feature.

Anyways thanks for the freestuff section!

Yours,

Daidalos.

"The Blood is the life!"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.