Sun, Aug 4, 12:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 6:41 am)

Subject: Valerie has died always be with us

jeroni ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2008 at 3:53 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 10:20 AM

I
Something dies in the soul
when a friend goes
and is leaving a footprint
that can not be erased

II
A handkerchief of silence
in the beginning
because there are words that hurt
and should not be saying

III
The boat is small
when away at sea
and when it goes missing
which is great loneliness

IV
That vacuum left
the friend who is going
is like a bottomless pit
not re-fill

Chorus:
Do not go yet
you do not go, please
you do not go yet
that to my guitar
cries when he says goodbye.

jeroni

bobbystahr ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2008 at 4:39 PM · edited Mon, 09 June 2008 at 4:44 PM

This is indeed sad news. When she left Rendo I assumed she was moving on but it would seem otherwise from the post in Community Center and this one as well. I am shattered as she was a true and loyal friend and I miss her comments on mt pics and rejoinders to my comments a lot. I will leave this to pushinfaders and or TwoPynts to orchestrate a Dedication for her but consider this thread a start.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Tanchelyn ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2008 at 4:59 PM

You mean Valérie Ducom?

This news comes like an earthquake...
I would never have thought...
This just doen't make sense.

There are no Borg. All resistance is fertile.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2008 at 5:10 PM

Well I have sent her a personal e mail to try and verify this...I don't normally like going off half cocked but I am afraid I freaked a bit seeing similarities in 2 Forums...Any one in France able to find this in obituaries?...that would be too easy I guess...hoping for the best.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

awjay ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2008 at 5:49 PM

it is indeed hard to believe....... such a wonderul talent and a wonderful lady too....

jocko500 ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2008 at 5:49 PM

I remember some one died forgot his name but he was not dead at all. hope this be the case too

what you see is not what you know; it in your face

mbz2662 ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2008 at 5:59 PM

Very sad news indeed.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2008 at 6:21 PM

I've spent the better part of today trying to confirm this.
If anyone knows where I can find some official news please contact me via site mail..

If any of our French members can search the newspapers..that would help..

Just a reminder, we do have a memorial genre..if you post images

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2008 at 7:40 PM
alhak ( ) posted Mon, 09 June 2008 at 11:59 PM

I am so very saddened to hear this news, what a wonderful lady and friend, she will be missed by many, including me. My thoughts and prayers to family and loved ones.

Margana ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 12:07 AM

Valou was always one of the first to congratulate someone or post something here in their honor...

I hope people will take the time to see that first youtube video. It's very touching to see her beautiful  images that way...

Good bye, sweetie.... :^(

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

kimariehere ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 2:37 AM · edited Tue, 10 June 2008 at 2:38 AM

Still in shock  here :O(...
she seemed so young and vibrant full of life...
her work was so beautiful and she had the kindest soul.
gosh  i thought for sure I was misinformed this morning ...
the utube clip is something everyone should see ... she deserves a moment of tribute to her beautiful life ...
very sad and heartbreaking news...
she was a wonderful part of this community on rend
and will be greatly missed here...sigh)))))

kimmers ♥ :O)

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 3:16 AM

It is too hard to say goodbye. We both knew that. I just say "see you soon one day Valerie."
Deep sympathies, deep thoughts, and fondest of memories.
The angel you were.
JeTaime
Doug

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Milouv ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 3:23 AM · edited Tue, 10 June 2008 at 3:26 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

file_408038.jpg

Valérie s'en est allée de l'autre côté du miroir dans un pays inconnu mais probablement loin de nos turbulences, de nos combats stériles, de nos manques d'amour.  Décidément on ne s'habitue jamais de la mort des autres, Valérie sans t'avoir vraiment connue j'ai l'impression de perdre une amie. La paix de l'âme ,que j'espère éternelle, c'est tout le bien que je te souhaite.  Toute ma sympathie à sa famille. 

Valerie is a party on the other side of the mirror in a country unknown but probably far from our turmoil, our fighting sterile, our lack of love. 
Obviously we never get used to the death of others, Valerie t'avoir without really known I have the feeling of losing a friend. The peace of the soul eternal hope that is all the good that I wish you. 
All my sympathy to his family.

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 8:47 AM

Hello Folks...
   I recieved a reply to my post from Didier re: the much loved Valou[Valérie Ducom]. He says, with great sorrow, that Val passed away Saturday past from a massive heart attack. My heart is heavier than it has been in many years relaying this info but I thought it best to get the facts out there. Rest in peace away from this world of constant turmoil in that place where every photo is a perfect shot....we miss you lots Valou.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 10:04 AM

My thoughts go out to Valeries family and those close to her.

Times like this make you stop and think about things in general...REFLECT!

Just remember to tell those you hold dear that you LOVE them. 

Don't ever refuse a hug or hesitate to give one!

You just never know....

J:sad:E

X-PaX ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 11:03 AM

I can't believe it.
Valérie was always a good friend and I like her images and her comments on other work.
It really does not make sense.
We miss you Val.

X-PaX

SiteMail

→ [ www.3dspots.de ]   |   [ www.cwhp.de ]

Fred255 ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 1:47 PM

This is such a shame, she was a fantastic photographer who helped and inspired so many.  She will be sadly missed.

ecurb - The Devil

gradient ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 2:34 PM

I just can't believe this....

She was so talented, always friendly, helpful and so full of life!

Good Bye my friend....we will meet one day.

In youth, we learn....with age, we understand.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 2:54 PM

The news of Valou came as quite a shock to me. I found it hard to believe at first, thinking it might be some trick. But appears to be real, and my heart is very heavy at the hearing of it. She had faded from being very active her in recent times, but I always felt like she was here. I still do, so to you Valou I say thank you for all you did while here, you will be missed until we all meet someday.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 7:01 PM

Can anyone get us in contact with a family member of Valerie? We have tried with no luck to get the information we need to do a memorial tribute to her on the Front Page and we would really appreciate any help any member can give to us.

You can contact me via sitemail if you can help.

Thanks

3DGuy ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 7:04 PM

Oh wow...so sad :(

My hearfelt condolences to the family...

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

Digitaleagle ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 8:21 PM

Incredibly sad news to hear about Valerie, I missed her comments and support when she left Rendo..  Somehow it's seemed that she was still with us, but this lose is too final and heart breaking. Valerie was one of the first to welcome me to Rendo. and continued to support and encourage me. I feel I've lost a dear friend in her passing. My prayers go out to the family, may God bring comfort to each at such a lose.

Royce

Royce

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2008 at 11:35 PM

Sweet Valou will be miss by many. I just don't belive it.  Rest my friend!

seeyus  Tunde

Zeldie ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 5:04 AM · edited Wed, 11 June 2008 at 5:05 AM

I saw a few dedi's on the galleries and then realised RR's Val and my Val is the same person...  I have not been this shocked in...  Well...  2 years I guess...

She was a dear friend.  We e-mailed each other frequently.  And she was 2 months younger than I.

I'm going to miss you Val.  Very much so...

The sole purpose in life is serving humanity.

rainbows ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 6:44 AM

I am deeply saddened by this dreadful news, Val you were a support to so many here, you helped David and I though his illness. I love you, you will always live in our hearts. Rest in the arms of the angels, darling. Hugs. Diane.

rockstrider ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 7:41 AM

This is very sad and shocking news. Val was an incredible artist, an inspiration and a friend. She will be deply missed.

BibbyBear ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 8:19 AM

I echo Joe's sentiments.... never put off til tomorrow what should or could be done or said today. Never feel uncomfortable saying "I love you" to anyone you hold dear whether it be friends or family - life is so precious and Valou was also a very precious lady and friend.  She was a friend to all of us, never a bad word was spoken and she encouraged and inspired many of us here.

Her memory will live on, of that I'm sure - her photography was pure art and I'm sure many of us had at least one of her works added to our favourites list.

I was shocked and saddened to hear of this news yesterday and reading this thread today, I find myself still shocked and fighting back the tears sat here in work - such a young, beautiful life to be snatched away from us but she will be resting peacefully in the arms of her angel now and watching over many of us .... until we meet again one day.

My heartfelt sympathies go out to her family and friends at this dark hour.

Val.... much love always my dear friend.

Chrissy xxx

"I don't suffer from insanity,
I enjoy every minute of it."
:lol:
CCCD Photography 
CCC Dezynz

mark.spooner ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 8:23 AM

A sad and untimely loss, my best to her friends and family.

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 11:51 AM

Such a sad loss. I didn't know Valerie (only her pictures) but this has brought sadness to me as this community is as one in many ways.
For someone to die so young just doesn't seem right.
Valerie will be missed by many here.

MGD ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 12:15 PM

Greetings,

I also found ... 

Our friend Valerie Ducom was also known on DeviantArt ...

These 4 tributes were recently uploaded there ...

For Valerie Ducom friends by ~Kuiski

this is not happening again by ~yhigte

Lead Me Home by ~Shadowbane-EQ

Snow Spirit by =Kabuchan

--
Martin
p.s. Please check the Community Forum, as well. 

Gog ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 12:16 PM · edited Wed, 11 June 2008 at 12:17 PM

Valerie, was a lovely person, I am truly shocked and very sorry to hear this news. her photography was great but her heart was greater, always ready with kind comment or great advice.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Stringy ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 3:00 PM

Having been around Rosity for a few years I was also shocked to hear this news. Val seemed to have a real passion for photography especially landscapes and I always remember her leaving kind comments. My thoughts are also with her family.

vlaaitje ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 3:19 PM · edited Wed, 11 June 2008 at 3:21 PM

jocko500: O yes, I remember the fake dead from Robert Theoret, I was in shock that time, I cried many tears.....and later we found out it was not true. If this is true that Valou died then it is very sad, she was so Young, I really feel sorry for her and the family members. I received an email as well from her boyfriend after I wrote an email to Valou's account to be sure.....

Valou wrote me a long letter a while ago about leaving RR,

StaceyG: I think that is the best way to do, before you post  a  memorial tribute to her on the Front Page

I hope it is not a problem that I  pointed the name of the fake story that time

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

krueger ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 3:34 PM

Quote - Such a sad loss. I didn't know Valerie (only her pictures) but this has brought sadness to me as this community is as one in many ways.
For someone to die so young just doesn't seem right.
Valerie will be missed by many here.

me too, i just knew right now. She was very talentedand one of fav artists. i came to kno coz i asked about another member darkestangel and i was directed here to ask. it is a great loss of valerie.
any one know something about darkestangel coz it seems that he or someone cleared all his gallery. he was one of my fav too.

bentchick ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 4:55 PM · edited Wed, 11 June 2008 at 4:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1691530

Goodby, Valou. You will be missed by more then you know, you've touched many here by your artistry and frienship.

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

Radlafx ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2008 at 5:55 PM

:b_crying: NNNNOOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!! :b_crying: How did that happen?! She has so many friends, she can't die. :snif: May her memory live on forever.

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

Thelby ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 4:37 AM · edited Thu, 12 June 2008 at 4:38 AM

This is Very Distressing Word, I am lost as what to say, I am Sorry for her family! Sucha
Beautiful and Joyous Spirit she had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

lior ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 6:59 AM

We'll never forget her! Valou will be always Valou!

odie ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 8:04 AM

It is so hard not to feel numb after news like this. But even Valerie herself would tell us somehow to look to the bright side, carry on, find another way - I dont' know exactly - and I try not to sound cliche' - but she usually tried to cheer us all up in her own way. She was definately a sparkler. I am happy we have the chance to say goodbye in this way. I think she would approve.

I kid-proofed my house but they STILL get in!!

croxie ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 2:57 PM

I've been gone for a few days in lack of a connection and had a site mail here about what happened to Valerie when I came back online today.
And I just can't believe it....even if I know how truly vulnerable life can be.
It is still a shock.

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

Clouseau ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 3:41 AM

Val and her talent for photography will be missed.

Mad-Mike ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 8:18 AM

**I am deeply saddened :'( she helped me on some of my photos before, and was a genuine great friend that cared about everyone and always was there to help, Very nice spirit she has.... I know she is happy with the angels now in heaven, and is finally at peace.

Please look on my tribute to her in my gallery if you like.

Her spirit will continue to be here on RR for quite some time.

R.I.P. Val dear

My Tribute to her www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 12:48 PM

Just an update that the memorial for Valerie will be up by tomorrow morning.  The Front Page editor is working on it now.

I will post the link here once its up.

Thank you to everyone who helped with information during this difficult time.

Stacey

gizmo563 ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 4:42 PM

How very sad, she will be missed.

GiMi53 ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 12:24 PM

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 2008-06-14 01:50:45
Subject: Video

Hi This is the link to the video:

http://www.seventhcomplex.com/showphoto.php?photo=26715&nocache=1

Thx again for your cooperation
With respect
Niky

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

jocko500 ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 4:00 PM

thanks for the link to video

what you see is not what you know; it in your face

NightGallery ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 7:55 PM

Wow! Can't believe it. She was an awesome artist and always had encouraging and supportive words for my works. Great lady, and I will miss her.

:-(
-B

thundering1 ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2008 at 9:07 PM

I've been gone for a while - I'm in shock!
Oh no...
She PM's me a few times with either comments or questions - she was such a very classy lady, always learning, appreciating others, constructive, supportive and cheerful. Her images were beautiful, but only a faint reflection of the glowing woman behind them.
I never met her in person, she lived half-way around the world from me, but I know I'm going to miss her very much.
-Lew

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2008 at 6:03 PM

remembering the beautiful soul of such an artiste, Miss you Val.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.