Mon, Sep 23, 8:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 7:15 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Is this nudity?

Mariny ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 10:13 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 10:31 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1692450

I just wonder if this is nudity or not?? It says that it is nudity if it shows more buttocks than an ordinary bikini, but what about this???

Mariann

Dark_Elf ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 10:21 AM

Personally, I would think not, since it's from the side so does not actually show that much..............

My Stuff:) You might hate it, but you never know... 
Here 
CP

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 10:25 AM

i cant imagine that its called nudity ..

But i do think it should be in the Marketplace gallery

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

mrsparky ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 10:27 AM

Nope. Not nude.

Girls walking down the street show off more than that. 
And like most blokes we don't mind :)

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 10:28 AM

IMHO, not :blink:

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

ejn ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 10:29 AM

To even think that this is nudity is in my opinion absolutely ridiculous....some people should get out more and stop nit picking

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 11:01 AM

What nudity ?!

She's wearing a dress and shoes !

Nudity means no dress and no shoes.... tsk.

Eternal Hobbyist

JeniferC ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 11:45 AM

This question is not appropriate for the Copyright forum, since it does not deal with copyright issues, laws, trademarks or ethical standards in business. 

This post is being moved to the community center forum where it is the correct place to ask questions related to our TOS.

JeniferC ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 11:45 AM

JeniferC has moved this thread from the Copyright Laws and Ethical Standards forum to the Community Center forum as of Friday, June 13, 2008 11:45 am.

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 12:26 PM

This doesn't have a nudity flag in the gallery and that is fine. I'm not sure why you are posting this here in the forums,? I don't know if you are just asking if it should have a nudity flag or what but if you need to have staff review an image for clarity, please sitemail or email a team member rather than posting it in the forums.

Stacey

AnnieD ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 2:23 PM

ahhhh  friday the 13th

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

kawecki ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 3:16 PM

Is she wearing a burka? No!, so she is nude.

Stupidity also evolves!

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 4:06 AM

Quote - Is she wearing a burka? No!, so she is nude.

I was at the library the other day and I was totally astonished to see 3 women wearing burkas! I've seen women wearing those head scarf things, but never a burka.

TBH I wanted to go over and rip it off them and tell them that they are in Canada now and that they don't need to wear that anymore!  Obviously I didn't, but I sure wanted to.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SouthBeachPhoto ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 1:38 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Quote - I was at the library the other day and I was totally astonished to see 3 women wearing burkas! I've seen women wearing those head scarf things, but never a burka.

TBH I wanted to go over and rip it off them and tell them that they are in Canada now and that they don't need to wear that anymore!  Obviously I didn't, but I sure wanted to.

Why, because they are different than you?  And all this time I only thought moronic French, British and U.S. citizens persecuted others and their religion.

Burka-hate, head scarf things...Un-freaking-believable.

While many westerners equate Burkas and head scarves as degrading to women, and in many cases rightfully so considering the consequences some Muslim women face if they don't, many Muslim women continue follow hijab; or more so the conventional tradition of hadith, out of total faith to their religion, and in some cases as an act of defiance to the secularization of their societies, not because the husband is going to beat the shit out of them if they don't.

If you want to see something outrageous, take a look at the Pope.  The guy dresses like an idiot.  Now, how is that any different?

kawecki ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 2:02 PM · edited Sat, 14 June 2008 at 2:04 PM

You need not to go so far away as the middle-east, just step back a century and you will see that women have her body 100% covered, the only difference was that burka was called dress+hat and the religious fanatics were exactly the same

Stupidity also evolves!

AnnieD ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 2:48 PM

To be fair..I believe Acadia was thinking in terms of those women being forced to cover themselves..that's what the media portrays to those of us who really aren't familiar with the religious part.  At the same time...there are many religious customs we don't understand and yet if you study or research them..you will find that almost all are related in their customs even tho some have changed radically.  Native Americans claim that most Wiccan practices were stolen from them...and when I was young...first communion we wore little white dresses and veils.....and when you went to mass back then..the women were required to cover their heads..Now they don't have too.   As for the Pope..he still emulates the clothing worn in the days of Jesus....only fancier now.  :)
I find religious customs fascinating....especially when they so obviously are connected in subtle and some not so subtle ways.

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

scanmead ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 4:48 PM

Aged hippie hackneyed response: never, ever judge a book by its cover. A bikini-clad girl may just turn out to be more reactionary than a girl in traditional Arabic dress. That young guy totally gothed out, just might be the sweetest person you ever met. On a more practical note, two of the wealthiest people I ever met were dressed like they mucked out stables for a living.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 5:45 PM · edited Sat, 14 June 2008 at 5:50 PM

Quote - To be fair..I believe Acadia was thinking in terms of those women being forced to cover themselves..that's what the media portrays to those of us who really aren't familiar with the religious part.

Yes, thank you :)

I live my life based on tolerance of other people. What I can't tolerate is people being forced into doing things.  I firmly believe in freedom of choice.  And the way the media portrays burkas is that women in forced to wear them as a means of oppression.  If women voluntarily wear them for religous reasons, I am not aware of that. 

As for my  use of "head scarf things", that was not meant in malice. I just don't know the name of the clothing item.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

kawecki ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 12:08 AM · edited Sun, 15 June 2008 at 12:12 AM

Quote - of those women being forced to cover themselves..

Nobody is forced, they do it because they want to do it with few exceptions. Who is who teaches and promote religion to the children?
For most of Muslim women to appear in public without a burka have the same feeling as a Western woman to have to appear nude in public, of course some Western women don't care to be nude among people and some Muslim women don't care to not use burkas.
Beware media propaganda, there are always some groups behind the propaganda.

Quote - when you went to mass back then..the women were required to cover their heads.

You know... the church is full of angels floating above, women must cover their heads so the angels will not be able to see them and fall in temptation.
Those angels must be rather perverted!....

Stupidity also evolves!

geoegress ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 5:31 PM

I understand Acadia. Those who claim free choice the loudest will, in the end if they ever become a majority, force all others to also comply.

Just look at those a-holes down in florida and north carolina who want religious liscense plates on cars.

Talk about tagging all those evil "outsiders".

Religious tolerance only applies to YOUR religion.

AnnieD ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 6:49 PM

Quote - "when you went to mass back then..the women were required to cover their heads."
You know... the church is full of angels floating above, women must cover their heads so the angels will not be able to see them and fall in temptation.
Those angels must be rather perverted
!....                           

temptation = perversion?

LOL!  No, I was always told it was a gesture of respect in the house of God.

Is that why the Jewish people wear those head coverings?  Come to think of it..lots of people in middle east countries cover their heads.  It goes to what I was saying about most religions having basically the same customs at one time or another during their history....for whatever reason.

[Stuart Chase]

kawecki ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 10:51 PM

Quote - Is that why the Jewish people wear those head coverings?

Well.., some angels prefer woman, but other....
Are you not going to risk?!

Stupidity also evolves!

LordVengeance ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 8:30 AM

I wouldn't think it would require a nudity flag.  Gorgeous render, by the way.

to AnnieD: I seem to remember you from somewhere.  Were you on deviantArt a long time ago?

LordVengeance ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 8:48 AM

Quote - > Quote - I was at the library the other day and I was totally astonished to see 3 women wearing burkas! I've seen women wearing those head scarf things, but never a burka.

Why, because they are different than you?  And all this time I only thought moronic French, British and U.S. citizens persecuted others and their religion.

Burka-hate, head scarf things...Un-freaking-believable.

While many westerners equate Burkas and head scarves as degrading to women, and in many cases rightfully so considering the consequences some Muslim women face if they don't, many Muslim women continue follow hijab; or more so the conventional tradition of hadith, out of total faith to their religion, and in some cases as an act of defiance to the secularization of their societies, not because the husband is going to beat the shit out of them if they don't.

If you want to see something outrageous, take a look at the Pope.  The guy dresses like an idiot.  Now, how is that any different?

Gee, someone offended and complaining about something said about a muslim tradition, while simultaneously labeling all French, British, and American citizens morons?

Now that is Un-freaking-believable.

Hypocrites like you should just stuff it and go be offended somewhere else.

AnnieD ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 10:39 AM

***to AnnieD: I seem to remember you from somewhere.  Were you on deviantArt a long time ago?  ***   

No, but I've been around for a while.  I started out here and at ArtZone...then joined at 3DC and RDNA.  However, I've made web pages and done graphics and 2D art since '95 or '96.  I only started 3D a couple of years ago.

You are kinda new here?  Nice to meet you!

[Stuart Chase]

LordVengeance ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 5:12 PM

Yep, just getting into the 3D thing, & still finding my way around. 😄

I remembered someone named AnnieD (or maybe it was DW) from Mo. on devArt a few years back & thought it might be you.

And nice to meet you as well. 😄

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 7:04 PM

definitely a bad idea to discuss religion here IMVHO, especially islam.

kawecki ( ) posted Mon, 16 June 2008 at 10:01 PM

I don't know why when there is some problem with nudity comes to my mind the Taleban, strange thing... can Freud help me?

Stupidity also evolves!

AnnieD ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2008 at 2:06 PM

He might...if you only knew where to find him.   :blink:

[Stuart Chase]

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2008 at 9:36 AM

This thread drifted way off topic so if anything continues in this thread, it needs to be in regards to the original post.

Thank you

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.