Sun, Oct 6, 8:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Themed Challenge - Winners!

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2008 at 3:45 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:20 AM

Attached Link: View winners here

We have our winners! Congrats to them!

It's been a good one. However, I'm sad to say that there was clone and self voting, along with family member voting as well. Of course, those entries were disqualified, as stated in the rules. It is sad because without the clone voting, one of those entries would have made 2nd place anyway and would have won legitimately.

This is not acceptable. This is a challenge we run for fun and for learning and pushing our knowledge about fractals and the tools we use to make fractal art.

I ask that you all please read the rules carefully before submitting/ voting and make sure you follow them. This will make a better experience for all of us.

Having said that...
Congrats again to our winners and stay tuned for the next challenge!

Barb

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

Juliette.Gribnau ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2008 at 4:04 PM

ooohhh...  wow !!!   To be honest.. I totally forgot about this challenge..  and than to be a winner !
thanx to all who voted for my submit !
wow.. I feel so honored !
thanx All !!
juliette

if you don't get a miracle...you can be one (Nick Vojicik)
als je geen wonder kunt krijgen..... kun je er altijd nog een zijn ! (Nick Vojicik)

ligt ( ) posted Sun, 29 June 2008 at 4:44 PM

congrats to the winners, we were really spoiled for choice,
monica

cigany2 ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 1:13 AM

Congratualtions to all the winners.
I am thrilled to have come 3rd. The quality of works submitted was exceptional, so thank you all who have voted for me.
Kati

mountmous ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 9:59 AM

Congrats to all the winners. Way to go!!

FanDancer ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 4:24 PM

Congrats to the winners, you did an excellent job of it.

DreamersWish ( ) posted Mon, 30 June 2008 at 9:11 PM

Congratulations to the winners!  They were beautiful. 

mansco ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2008 at 3:14 PM

Congrats to the winners, they are really lovely works ;O)

ladyfur ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2008 at 6:10 PM

congrats. the bonsai is amazing, it looks like glass. :) do we find out who made which entry? i feel very sad that there would be 'shilling' (think ebay) on a contest of genuine art and talent. art should not be politics. :(
 i'd still like to know who created the one i tried to vote for... i never did see a link that said vote, only the images.
and i can't seem to find the thread where i asked about it.
in any case, you all are very talented. :)

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2008 at 9:07 PM

ladyfur,

Now that the challenge is finished, you could ask who made said entry, but it would depend on the creator to tell.
The challenges are anonymous for the exact reason not to make politics out of art. Anonymity ensures a fair play field for everyone. I hope you understand.

Barb

ladyfur ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2008 at 3:37 AM

of course i understand the reasoning during a contest.
with it over there still is no way to click on each to see their galleries, is what i was saying...
so how do i find out?

oh, note: i tried voting in another contest (3d) and had the same thing happen. no link to vote :( i have no clue how you are supposed to vote??? hoping somebody will tell me.
i wish there was a way to add certain forums the way you add artists to favorites. is there?

ladyfur ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2008 at 4:28 PM

dream, update: i was just informed that they do not allow new members to vote for 30 days :( apparently somebody forgot to PUT THAT WARNING where new members can see it, but at least now it makes sense. in theory, i can vote by the end of july but i bet it will be after the contests end...
anyway, now we know what happened. i TRIED to vote for 2 contests...

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2008 at 9:21 PM

Yeah, I just found out myself and was going to tell you.
At least now we know what was happening =)

Barb

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.