Sun, Oct 6, 8:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Fractal Themed Challenge - Time to vote

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2008 at 8:37 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2024 at 4:41 PM

Attached Link: Fractal Themed Challenge

Hi everybody!
Time to vote for your favorite entry.

Please read the voting rules, they're on the challenge page.

Voting will close June 28 at 11:59 PM Renderosity time.

Good luck to all!
Barb

My crafts - My Freebies - My Store - Delightful Arts

ladyfur ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 7:25 PM

hi. i cannot find a vote link :( i picked one, viewed it full size (just like it said to do) but no vote button appears anywhere. i tried 3 times. i'm using ie6 because i cannot really view this site on firefox at all...
can somebody please use contact me to tell me how to place my vote? and do we get to find out who made things once it is over?

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Fri, 27 June 2008 at 7:33 PM

Strange. I see the vote button under the full-sized entries.
I'm running Firefox (and I always see the site ok).
If you voted once, the vote button probably won't appear again (since you can vote for just one entry).

ladyfur ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2008 at 3:34 PM · edited Sat, 28 June 2008 at 4:10 PM

that's just it, there IS no visible vote button, nor anything that pops up on mouseover. i TRIED to vote. wierd? i have to use ie6 because ff does not see the editor that this site uses. i was having the same issue on artzone but they fixed it so the rich edit was OPTIONAL and i turned mine off so renderosity is the ONLY site i have to use ie6 on (thankfully, since i hate ie any number).
in anycase... usually if there is no vote or sumbit button there will be a little hand that pops up where it is located. just not on this contest thing...

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Sat, 28 June 2008 at 4:12 PM

Sorry, ladyfur, I had to edit out your last comment about the entry you voted, since the challenge is anonymous (that's why you don't see who posted each entry).

So, to make sure I undersand, you could finally vote?
Sorry if I misunderstood.

Barb

ladyfur ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2008 at 6:13 PM

no, i was unable to vote, i think. i'll have to look at the next contest and see if a vote button appears next time. how do i find out who made what since it is over? (it took me a while to find this thread again).

DreamWarrior ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2008 at 9:09 PM

Too bad you couldn't vote.
For next time, the vote button should appear right below the full size image of each entry.

You can test it now by going to any of the contests in voting under the contests tab.
Let me know if it works for you.

Barb

ladyfur ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2008 at 3:41 AM

i had already tried about half an hour ago. there IS no 'under'. the full size opens in a full screen window of its own that has the click to see the whole thing icon poping up in the bottom left corner. there is no underneath as it takes up the whole screen just to cram the picture in. hmmm. i'll try and hit f-11 and see if that works. i'll be right back.

ladyfur ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2008 at 3:59 AM

shadow has xp. he says it shows as an image but he can't get a url i can use to vote with. i got a url that seems to go to some voting page but it got an error that says i did not enter a valid id to vote on ???
basically, this is the type of errors that i have run into on another site except there you get a hand that pops up to show you there is a link to click on. here it just says view full size and next to that it says download.
below that is blank screen.
i'm on ie6, as i said.
if there is some sort of url where i can paste into browser to go directly to a PAGE to vote i could do that.
this is really bizarre coding i cannot at all understand. the page source does not list an input button function or anything. i'm lost.
it looks like i won't be able to participate in any voting.
i despise ie6. it is the only thing that views this site because of how it is coded. as far as i can tell, only the voting section is invisible to me, nothing else is...
wierd?
does 'tried to vote' count if i pm the person running the contest?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.