Fri, Sep 20, 5:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Makeup kits for V4 - How to use?

MuonQuark ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 9:02 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:40 AM

Greetings,
I've recently purchased a couple of make up kits for V4 and was wondering how they work.  I have PSP X.  I had assumed you just resize the face pic to the size of the PSD pics and then copy + paste the makeup over to the face pic, but apparently that is not the case.  They never fit quite right.  One kit  in particular, LM Make Me Up for V4,  has a base face that does not seem the same as V4.  The eyes seem more angled....

Anyway, I ramble, sorry.  Any tips/tricks for applying make up kits?

Thanks.

AndyWelder ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 9:09 AM

AndyWelder has moved this thread from the 2D Graphics forum to the Poser forum as of Saturday, July 5, 2008 9:09 am.

AndyWelder

Groetjes uit Eindhoven!
Send IM::Send Email

MuonQuark ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 9:20 AM

Um, I appreciate you attempting to move this to the correct topic but this has nothing to do with Poser whatsoever.  This is either a 2D question or PSP question.....

Please move to the correct topic?  Thanks.

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 12:36 PM

It's a poser issue because it has to do with applying makeup to a poser texture.

Normally with such things the makeup or skin is applied as a layer over the original skin texture, then saved as a JPG.

ARTWITHIN_II ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 12:49 PM

i believe your question has been moved to the appropriate forum.  2D Forum relates primarily to  digital and traditional drawing & painting, photomanipulation, 2D Mixed Medium.

If you have questions pertaining to the operation of the application PSP, use the PSP Forum.  Your question pertains to a process relating to V4, a 3D figure, I believe.  The help you seek should come from those familiar with V4, or the creator of the kit you purchased.  I am assuming you looked for instructions in thr Read Me or other text document.

I have also assumed you have looked for tutorials in the tutorial section on Renderosity, related to Poser, as well as on the Internet.  If not, these are all options to you if someone in Poser can't help with your question.

The 2D Forum would not be able to help you with you question since we don't have any relationship to anything related to 3D images, applications, components, 'how to's', or accessories.

Those who use Poser are your best help resource getting an answer to your question bzsed on their personal expertise with V4, and other applications that help them accomplish any additions and improvements for the 3D figures.

Zann Burgos
2D Forum Coordinator
Renderosity Team

Unicornst ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 1:04 PM

**Instead of copying and pasting the makeup over to the face, switch that and copy/paste the face to the makeup as the bottom layer in the psd layers. And yes, you do need to make certain that the face and the makeups are the same size.

Once you have done that, then you can switch makeups off and on to get the look you want. Merge visible, then flatten and save.

Another way of doing that is to drag the makeup layer you wish to use over to the face jpg while holding the shift to have it come up in the correct position. Again, being sure the makeups and face textures are the same size. I do this when I mix makeup from different resources so as to not have to copy and paste everything.

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 4:53 PM

dont resize your base skin texture , that will give you defects that you dont want. Because of the interpolation of the texture as its resized.

use the skin texture as the base layer and load and resize the MAKEUP to fit the base skin texture.

If it doesnt line up easily contact the vendor for some decent instructions, you shouldnt have to chase after tutorials to use a store product.

You need help in overlaying two textures in your paint program, since the paint forums wont help you youseem to be  on your own .

MuonQuark ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 7:10 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone but I think there's a misunderstanding here (probably mine).  The file I'm talking about is a .PSD for my paint program Paint Shop Pro.  You can use different layers to get get different make up options for Victoria like lipstick, eyeshadow and other stuff.  I thought this all had to be done in the paint program?  If not, I will definitely research some more and learn about it.

So are you saying I can apply these make up options within the Poser program?  If so, I most definitely need to educate myself some more.  LOL  Thanks again.

Unicornst ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 7:37 PM

**I believe there is a way to use the makeups in Poser if they are on separate PSD layers. I'm not sure of the exact method, but I did see a tutorial at AerySoul's site. Perhaps someone with more experience in this will come along with details as to how to do it.

Otherwise, you can do as has already been suggested above in PaintShopPro. It is highly recommended that you resize the makeup to match your face texture (i.e if the face jpg is 4000 X 4000 and the makeup is 3500 X 3500, then up the size on the makeup to 4000 X 4000), copy and paste the face jpg as the bottom layer in the makeup layers and they should be lined up perfectly. Choose the makeups you want, turning off the other makeups you don't want (make them invisible. If I remember correctly, this is can be done by right clicking on the layer in the little window where you have them listed in PSP) and then merge visible to save your new look as a jpg. If you don't already have it set up to flatten when you save as a jpg, then just answer yes to the pop-up that asks if you want to.

LadyMari ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2008 at 9:37 PM · edited Sat, 05 July 2008 at 9:38 PM

Once you have created the new face texture with the makeup you want applied, merged and saved as a new jpg, this may be applied to V4 through the material room in Poser.

MuonQuark ( ) posted Sun, 06 July 2008 at 6:46 AM

Thanks again.  I'll do some research and learn how to get the file ready in my 2D application before using it in Poser, DAZ Studio or any other type of 3D application.
Regards.

Plutom ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2008 at 7:09 PM · edited Mon, 07 July 2008 at 7:11 PM

Something doesn't sound right.  Can you extract the Makeup file to a separate folder (call it "A"), the first subfolder should be Runtime and under it some subfiles.  Will  you list them?  Its possible that the files are not correctly placed.  Jan 

MuonQuark ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 4:56 PM

Plutom,
The reason that something doesn't sound right is that this is not a file for Poser or DAZ Studio (at least I don't believe it is).  It's a simple 2D graphic file in .PSD format with multiple layers so that you apply make up to Victoria 4.  The product is: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=63495

I was having trouble lining up the layers (in Paint Shop Pro) with the Victoria head jpg and posted a question about it and the post wound up here in the Poser forum.  I already know how to apply materials to V4 in DAZ and in Poser.  Was just having trouble with this particular PSD file and wanted to make sure I was doing it right.  No worries, I'm working my way through it.  Thanks.

Plutom ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 7:38 PM

That looks like an interesting and challenging way to apply face makeup.  --looking foreward to seeing some of the results and how you did it.  Jan

MuonQuark ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 11:16 PM

file_409723.doc

Thanks Plutom.  I think I figured out what the problem is.  If I am correct, this particular make up kit was made using a morphed Victoria 4 head instead of the original shaped head.  I've attached two pics to demonstrate.  The one without writing on it is the Hi res mat for V4 from DAZ and the other one is the V4 pic that comes with the make up kit.  I've scaled them both down and then grey scaled them to protect the copyright of the artists.  I'm only showing them here for demonstration purposes.  I hope that is ok.  If not, feel free to correct my mistake.

Anyways, notice the difference?  They are very close but there is just enough of a difference to make the eye make-up not fit quite right on the Hi res mat.  Do you all agree?  I really would appreciate an opinion on this as I thought I was loopy or something because I couldn't figure out how to get the eye stuff to fit.

Thanks.

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2008 at 8:02 AM

Morphed or not doesn't matter unless they used a program like ZBrush to paint the makeup on and then used that to create the head texture. From what I can see of the product itself, this wasn't done. But I did send a site mail to one of the vendors of this product and asked them to come read this thread and see if she could help you. I would have checked the images you linked to, but it wanted me to download them and use a program I don't have on my computer, so I wasn't able to see the texture you are applying the makeup to.

luciferino ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2008 at 8:24 AM

Hi moon like i've before write you the make up are done for v4 and fit for a 3000*3000  face of v4, but not all the v4 face texture are equal or all we have the same v4 , so you only need use your program photoshop or paintshopro or corel for fit it with some adj for your texture face, you can use rotate, wrap, resize, but if you need more help i will be more happy of adj it for you, ciaoo Orietta

bye bye ans kisses ^_^

MuonQuark ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2008 at 10:21 AM

Thanks Luciferino.  I've been doing that already and it's working just fine.

Unicornst, I was already in contact with Luciferino but thanks anyway.  I think it's like Luciferino says, you just gotta tweak a bit and that's what I've been doing. 

I absolutely love the make up kit but just need to tweak a bit in Paint Shop Pro.  No worries, everything is cool.  I'm off to play and explore with Vicki. 

Thanks everyone.

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2008 at 9:27 PM

I didn't realize that you had already been in touch with her. :blushing: **Since I couldn't see the images you provided above, I thought it best to get one of the wonderful ladies who made the product instead of trying to help through guesswork. My apologies.

Orietta, my apologies to you as well. I didn't realize you already knew about this situation.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.