Sat, Sep 21, 6:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Tough Choice between, iPhone or xbox 360?

dominicmeh ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2008 at 6:28 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:23 PM

I'm just wondering about your opinion here. If your going to buy ONLY one which of the two, iPhone or xbox 360? Well, I watched a video in clashOrama about this one, with Gates retiring and Jobs unveiling the new iPhone, someone had to do one last 'How do you Compare': Steve Jobs v. Bill Gates. With both of these guys who have dominated the technology world for the last 25 years. Well, check their most recent big ticket tech toys on side-by-side videos in http://www.clashorama.com/index.php?id=178

Hawkins-GraFX ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2008 at 9:20 PM · edited Wed, 09 July 2008 at 9:25 PM

Oh - Hands down a xBox 360 since I love video games and cant stand cell phones / Love Microsoft and cant stand Apple / Love Gates and cant stand Jobs. 

😉

I love my 360!  👍

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2008 at 9:58 PM

Heard so much bad stuff about the iPhoneand what it costs, so I'd def go with the xBox360 and get a cheaper cell 😉

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

dominicmeh ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2008 at 11:50 PM

Quote - Oh - Hands down a xBox 360 since I love video games and cant stand cell phones / Love Microsoft and cant stand Apple / Love Gates and cant stand Jobs. 

😉

I love my 360!  👍

Wow... Neither. If I HAD to buy one, it'd be the xbox  coz it has more to offer ( i believed so). Anyway, what video games are you into now?

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2008 at 1:09 AM

If you want to make phone calls, buy the phone.
If you want to play games, buy the console.

Just my very logical way of looking at things 😉

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

vince3 ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2008 at 5:21 AM

more logic (see below)

an Xbox you can play with friends or family, you could even watch a DVD together with it.

but with an iphone, you will just end up playing with yourself
( or whatever you might do when you're bored of your phone, (i could of just used the word alone above, and i wouldn't of had to write this braketed bit, oh well live and learn!))

so to conclude, an iphone will cause blindness and give you hairy palms (allegedly)

you could use your new phone to call your friends to say that after paying for your phone you will not be able to come out this weekend though, because you is skint!!, which is almost as much fun as killin' stuff on an Xbox...........well almost!.

vince3 ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2008 at 6:00 AM · edited Thu, 10 July 2008 at 6:14 AM

continued logic...

you are also more likely to make new friends with an Xbox, ...example (see below)

looking for new opposition for your Xbox games, tired of losing to your mates all the time, then it is time you found yourself new mates, or even a stranger!!

after scouring the streets for hours, Vince spies a worthy opponent ( 97 year old with no thumbs)

"howdy stranger" (you don't have to use "howdy" you could just improv here, mix it up a bit)
"how do ya fancy playin' a bit of Xbox with me, then old man?"

"No, now Bu**er off!!, .....oh alright then" (might happen)

-arrives back at Vinces' pad-

" right then old man you comfy?"

"ooh yes"

" uh huh, that's because your in my chair you old coot!! now get to shiftin' your ass over to the hard wooden chair over there, and give me my chair back!!"

-with chair back and after bagsin' the best controller, Vince sticks his Fifa game in the box-

"what do i do then?" asks old man.

"that's alright you'll get the hang of it, as we go along"

-Vince wins 146-0-

so new friend, new winning streak, everyone is happy, luvly jubbly!! now you try that with an iphone and you are just gonna get your phone nicked!!

(i should point out, that this is just a made up example, i don't actually scour the streets at night, looking for old men to play games with me at my house, right that's that cleared up then! nothin' to see here now ...(bites fist))

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2008 at 7:13 AM

neither..... I vote for... Hellboy 2 tickets!

whoohoooooooooo

Hawkins-GraFX ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2008 at 12:18 PM

Hey - I'm with Khai on that one - Hellboy 2 tickets!!  lol...

I'm currently playing way to much Call of Duty 4.
I also play Dirt, Forza 2 and Oblivian.

I really do dislike cell phones.  😉

However, I use to be a big Apple hater until I had the chance to check out a few MAC's at the Bondware offices. Debbie and Nicholas really changed my mind about those MAC's...They appear to be really cool machines.

👍

Clint

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2008 at 12:24 PM

I'm looking forward to when we place our little basic samsung phone..

Salesman 'well it's got a 5mp camera, GPS, Mp3 playback, web access'
me 'does it make phone calls?'
salesman 'what'
me 'I just want a Phone.....'

Hawkins-GraFX ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2008 at 12:57 PM

haha Khai...I just went through that at Verizon.

The sales person presented me with a phone that will slice and dice and do everything.

I was like - Dude, I just want to make freak'in emergency phone calls on it.

I have a stereo to listen to music, I have a computer to surf the web and do e-mail, I have a digital camera to take pictures with, I dont need GPS - I know where I am most of the time 😉

Pretty funny!
Clint

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2008 at 1:12 AM

Vince, you never fail to crack me up, and now my cats are looking at me funny, wondering if my muffled LOLing is the first sign of insanity :lol:

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2008 at 7:42 AM

Quote - Vince spies a worthy opponent ( 97 year old with no thumbs)

Almost spews Dr. Pepper out her nose I have GOT to be more careful while drinking and reading around here...:lol::lol:

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 11:37 AM

xbox!

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.