Thu, Sep 26, 11:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 7:24 pm)

Subject: Corrupted pz3 files in Poser 6

Ricardo51 ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2008 at 11:38 PM · edited Thu, 26 September 2024 at 11:24 PM

I've started to lose a lot of work this way, usually on my larger Poser scenes with more than 1 figure.
I save my work and shut down Poser in the normal way.  When I fire up my pc next time and reload there's nothing there - the main document window doesn't open and all I have is grey screen and the rest of the Poser interface.
I can only assume the Poser gremlins have messed up my pz3 while I was asleep.
Anyone else get this?

BeyondVR ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2008 at 4:32 AM

Are you perhaps using PMD files?  Go to General Preferences and uncheck Use External Morph Data.  Can't remember whic tab, but it's not hard to find.  This won't save your old files, but will prevent it from happening in the future.

John

Ricardo51 ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2008 at 12:39 PM

Hey thanks.  I did it.  I also tried reloading the pz3 and quite a bit came back.  One of the figures was missing but I've got something to start from.

BeyondVR ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2008 at 2:32 PM

That's great, Richard!  Glad you were able to save some of your work.

John

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2008 at 2:53 PM

If you have an old scene with pmd info , you can try renaming the pmd file , so it wont be found , then load the scene . Reload any morphs to the figure and y6ou may have recovered the scene.

(this was from an old post about recovering scenes that wont load , its worth a try )

Ricardo51 ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2008 at 1:18 AM

Thanks to both of you.  Seems like those pmd files are more trouble than they're worth.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.