Fri, Sep 20, 4:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Anyone still remembers me ?

kalon ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 5:29 PM

Welcome Back!!

I've always loved your poses. I'd love to see some for Terai Yuki, Miki2 and the Poser 7 people as well as the DAZ family. Particularly hand poses.

kalonart.com

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 5:35 PM

Hi **Schlabber, (Stephan),  ... I remember you well, and still have, your 1st book...the one on posing. Its a classic and should be included with every copy of Poser sold :)

Its truly good to see you back here.**

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Larry F ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 5:37 PM

Hey Schlabber!
GREAT to see you back, man!  I use your poses very, very often!

Larry F

elzoejam ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 5:41 PM

Welcome back! I remember you and still use many of your poses!

A request? Well it is for V4 of course but...I have been hunting for a pose that has her toes turned inward slightly, facing each-other, her hands on her hips and a slight bend at her waist. If you wanna make a face, I envision this with her nose scrunched and her tounge out LOL. I have had this picture in my mind for AGES but just can't seem to get the pose just right :-)

I am so glad to see you back. Just the other day I was hunting for a shower pose and thought of your site first :-)

-Sarah

SaintFox ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 5:52 PM

Surprise ! We do have a GERMAN forum HERE ?
Man, I was away for a long long time it seems ;)

Nooo, it's the one over at Content Paradise that is mentioned in my signature. *

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 7:01 PM

Guess I'm the only one who wants family oriented children poses of cuteness for the Poser Kids and babies.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 7:07 PM

Welcome back!

I use your poses a great deal for a variety of figures with just a bit of tweaking of a joint here and there.  They have been such a great resource. Thank you so much for them :)

If you are going to be making new ones, I do have some suggestions based on my lack of findings in recent searches:

Normal everyday style furniture poses.  Things like sitting in a chair or on a sofa reading, laying on a couch watching tv and relaxing, sitting at a table having dinner... stuff like that.  For the most part the furniture poses that I have found have had the figure draped over or perched on furniture trying to look sultry/sexy. Some of us actually use the furniture for what it's meant for...sitting :)

Also, a while ago I was looking for poses of human female-large cat  (IE: Tiger) interaction. Not the type that involves fighting and killing like those abatoir ones in the MP here.  I mean lounging together, walking together, cuddling. That kind of thing. More sensual poses than cutesy or violent or playful. The kind typical of a fantasy art image.  For the life of me I can't remember the name of the artist (a woman) who had a couple that were right up my alley!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

elzoejam ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 7:16 PM

OOO Acadia you reminded me! I would LOVE poses of animal/human interaction. Like the millienium dog/cat with V4.

Acadia, have you seen Queen of Cats at DAZ? Daio just did a bunch of poses for V4 and the Millenium Big Cats that is wonderful, and none of them are fighting I don't think :-)

-Sarah

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 8:10 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 8:11 PM

Quote - OOO Acadia you reminded me! I would LOVE poses of animal/human interaction. Like the millienium dog/cat with V4.

Acadia, have you seen Queen of Cats at DAZ? Daio just did a bunch of poses for V4 and the Millenium Big Cats that is wonderful, and none of them are fighting I don't think :-)

-Sarah

No I haven't seen them. I just went to look and of course the store is down!  LOL

frodi ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 8:16 PM

Hi Schlabber, nice to see you back!

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 8:33 PM

hi, of course I recognise your name.  welcome back

Eternal Hobbyist

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 8:41 PM

Quote - OOO Acadia you reminded me! I would LOVE poses of animal/human interaction. Like the millienium dog/cat with V4.

-Sarah

I just saw them. I love them and bought them!  Along with the dragon lady and dragon princess poses.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 9:23 PM

I remember you from the very beginning...lol
Welcome back!!!!

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 10:08 PM

Hey, welcome back! Most your poses still fill my runtime since Poser 4.

You are definitely the King of Poses! Thanks for sharing your expertise!

Nolos.

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 10:17 PM · edited Thu, 17 July 2008 at 10:25 PM

file_410213.gif

here it is

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2008 at 10:42 PM

Welcome Back!
I havent' been around to know you 'from before', but it's very good to meet you :)

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

flibbits ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 12:16 AM

I started reading this thinking "who cares if this guy is back."  Then I saw the name Schlabber, so looking forward to more good poses and tutorials.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 12:35 AM

It's good to see you again...you know I've been around long enough to remember you.   :)

SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Schlabber ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 1:52 AM

:blushing:

It's good to see that some poses still needed.

Have to go to work now (after sleeping). I'll summon it up and make an order when I come back 😊

Then I will start doing the poses:

I will start with the dance poses mentioned by SaintFox and then do some Vampire Poses for Shalimar (as they are promised since more than a year).

Some good ideas here for doing this and that pose or pose set. Looks really like fun :tongue1:

sboyd ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 2:08 AM · edited Fri, 18 July 2008 at 2:12 AM

Hi Schlabber

I was thinking some stretching, sit to standing poses, picking up a box (with and without bending knees)

sorry these may seem a little boring.

challenging? how about a cafe date?
two way conversation
sipping cappuchinos

artsy?
sitting in the park series
sit on ground /wall /bench
reflecting
hands around knees
reading a book
Laying on side, propped up & reading book
lay back hands behind head and study the clouds

rowlando ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 2:44 AM

Hi Schabbler

Its great your back, your poses are well known and very valued to many.

I would like you to make about 12 off  V4 surfing poses and ski poses on water. Also poses for horseback riding including the circus type, would be great.

Thanks Rowlando

Seek what you can never loose

MsPeril ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 5:05 AM

Quote - Yannow... one set I always considered was missing was a generic 'getting hit' set - various poses of a person on the receiving end of severe blunt force trauma as inflicted by five fighting phlanges. :D Not the offensive side - but the actual 'taking a hit' side, that could be rotated and moved to be on the receiving end of punishment from a wide variety of directions and to a wide variety of body locations...

This does sound like a very useful idea - happily second it!

Absolutely great that you're back, Schlabber! :D

rockets ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 5:46 AM

Quote - > Quote -

Oh geez - someone guessed I stopped doing poses because of V4 not long ago G

LOL, I know what you mean about V4.😉

Welcome back my friend...I was just thinking of you yesterday!  I'd like to see some mermaid poses for Aiko3.  Yes, I still love her and haven't bothered loading Aiko4.  ty
Carol

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

RobbyBobby ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 9:42 AM

Just figured I'd add my own two cents.  I've been a fan of yours for a long time.  I've got a complete library of your poses and I've used them frequently over the years.

I'm personally most interested in poses for the male figures (M3, H3, D3)...go figure.  Every day poses would be most useful...things like sleeping, eating, sitting (in chairs, on couches, lounging, etc.).  Couples stuff is always good, although I'm pretty exclusively male/male.

If you haven't seen the Lady Littlefox/Capsces Furry characters yet, they are Aiko/Hiro based.  Any kind of poses that would emphasize their animalistic sides for everyday life would be really cool, too.

Your stuff is great because it doesn't have that stiff look/feel to it.

Rob

gagnonrich ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 10:36 AM

It's a rare moment that one of my images doesn't start with Schlabber's poses.

Welcome back!

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

MaterialForge ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 12:09 PM · edited Fri, 18 July 2008 at 12:09 PM

Schlabber! A big welcome back my friend. I still have all your original poses for Posette and Dork (was it '98? '99? Years ago, anyway) and use them all the time. They are some of my favorite sets.

I've installed them in my runtime with every Poser upgrade. Can't wait to see what you've got on the horizon. Good to see you back!

--silver

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 12:21 PM

Schlabber!!!  It's so nice to see you back.  I still use your poses!  Love the Boris Vallejo ones!  I'm glad to see some more of the "old gang" back!  Been here since 98. As far as poses needed, IMHO.

Partial poses: Standing, siting, walking ... etc. but casual.  bqalanced, and starter poses.  What I mean.  Let's have a basick standing pose, have upper torso varieties to go with it that can be tweaked to individual needs, but have a solid base to start with.  And, HAND poses.  There's never enough of them.

I guess, I think a pose build "kit" would be so cool
Boni. 

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 12:54 PM

welcome back!  of course we remember you!  i'm glad you've taken time away to rejuvenate yourself and focus on other important aspects of your life.  balance is always good.

my vote is lots of poses for any male(s), especially plain art ones.  i think one reason that males are used infrequently is a lack of good example images.  that is, i think for lots of people, when they imagine a scene, they just automatically imagine a woman and it's hard to think of how a man should look.  as a result, there are some notably good artists posting images of guys, but many more who use guys either have them awkwardly posed and stiff, or purely sensually.  it would be great to see several plain, traditional, fine art poses for guys that just make a good image.

my personal vote would be just about anything with arms over or interacting with the head, as i always find those problematic.  and any real dance pose.  modern, ballet, etc.  but that's just a personal wish.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 4:00 PM

Inquiry: need For poses
Action: Procedure: Recomendations: Schlabber
End Procedure.

Well, it's actually more of a reflex when people ask...;)

Been by the site, I have the whole thing scattered over around 130 CDs...;) great work, always glad to see people do good stuff, especially for free...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 9:37 PM · edited Fri, 18 July 2008 at 9:43 PM

Schlabber? Back? With more wonderful poses?

YIPPEE!!!  :thumbupboth: 

Yes, that's one of your's in my Avatar. Your sets have honored and most-used status in my runtime.
Not to mention I rec your site to anyone looking for poses.

SaintFox ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2008 at 11:08 PM

I'm really looking forward to this - but there's no need to hurry, as said I look for these since years so I am able to wait some more time!!

But most of all: Thank you!!

MoxieGraphix ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 5:13 AM

I remember you! :)

scanmead ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2008 at 10:44 AM

Poser 101: Schlabber=realistic poses. Welcome back! You were missed. ;)

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 2:50 AM

Attached Link: http://www.kuroyumes-developmentzone.com/Videos/V3saeK_h264.mov

Hi Schlabber, I have not forgotten about you.  I use your poses every day and I kind of had the feeling you were pretty busy with other stuff, but I knew you would surface again. I know what you mean about V4, but she can really have some very nice, real looking facial expressions. So anyway, I would love it if someone (maybe you) just decides on a new scale for V4 and V3.  Scale the ladies somewhat smaller so they won't be such amazons, but increase the head size proportionally. Then make couple poses (fighting, talking, dancing etc)  for V4 and V4 male, and V3 and V4 male and V3 and M3 and V4 and M3 with this new size. Someone has done a set of poses with a difference in height between the male and female, I think it was in rdna.  Yes, I think it is this one. http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=3175 Maybe you could consider seeing these proportions and doing more poses for these proportions.   Oh I would also like very much, to see the freak with poses with scaled down V4 and V3 women.

I think this is an example of V4 where she looks pretty real.  Just to encourage you to start using V4 more.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 11:15 AM

Glad to see you back.  I'd definitely like to see more poses for Apollo

Syyd ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 2:30 PM

Wow I never post here, and saw your post and just had to say hello and how great it is to see you again!!!!!

Syyd

VonCroy ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 5:36 PM

I would second 'sboyd'. Everyday poses including using laptop, mobile phone, getting into car, relaxing in a bar, working out in gym, having dinner. Maybe boring but makes a change from all the fantasy and glam poses.

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 5:52 PM · edited Sun, 20 July 2008 at 5:53 PM

Attached Link: DAN 2 - excerpt

Oh damn - I should have knew it. An even better Computer does not protect you from crashing Poser. Was just finished with the V4 dancing poses - then Poser decided not to work anymore (not freezes - it just stopped working) . So - have to re-do them again ... so well, that's (Poser)life - or not ?

Well, to leave you not so disappointed I give you a few V3 / M3 poses from the newer DAN (Dreams and Nightmares) set - as there are so many poses are inclued in this set it does not matter to give some away for free ...

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 5:57 PM

A quick reminder for the poses ...

As I won't do any objects I can not use any objects in any pose set.

So - using things like laptops, mobile phones or playing an instrument is just not possible (OK, OK - maybe playing air-guitar ;o) ).

Sitting poses work as the hands are not to much engaged in an object. Oh well - hands - I need to make hands for V4 - maybe starting first with this ... did I say it once - V4 is an awfull figure to pose rolling-eyes

VonCroy ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 6:16 PM

If you can do air-guitar, why not air-mobile phone?

SaintFox ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 6:20 PM

Awwww... too bad that Poser freezed. I have a nice set of curses available if you need some more of them 😉

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 6:46 PM

if anyone has spare props to give schlabber that you are have made, and are happy to give unrestricted to everybody then he can make pose sets with these too.
love esther

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 6:48 PM · edited Sun, 20 July 2008 at 6:49 PM

Schlabber, I have not forgot you. May I ask why no objects? I am simply curious. Is it that you have no standard objects that could be distributed with the poses or is it maybe an artistic choice on your part? If it is the former rather than the latter I am sure some modeler would donate decent props if you liked.

Suggestions for poses? The stuff that is hard for me is figures interacting... not fight stuff but people snuggling on couch watching TV maybe or couples in conversation. I like your "expression" work very much. I like realistic domestic scenes as opposed to action and battle or magic poses. I do mainly models posing as if for a painter and process those to be "digital paintings" but I am interested in also doing natural life type scenes. How about poses where fingers of hands clasp together with fingers entwined? Self or couples? Those are very hard.

Problems I have with many commercial sets are that so many poses are for "Barbie" high heel feet as opposed to flat footed and also that unlike you, people will even send to market poses that do not show the proper balance of weight to the supporting body parts or have distortion in the neck.  I did not used to use any Library poses but a down turn in my health has made me reliant on prepared poses. I use all the figures I guess but I prefer the older figures as my computer has not much power.

Welcome back :)

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 7:02 PM

Quote - If you can do air-guitar, why not air-mobile phone?

G - Well ... if it's air-guitar - then it is air guitar - you can use these poses for this, but it would be too difficult to adapt e.g. air guitar for normal guitar poses.

If I would make a pose then - I would start from scratch (all-zero-pose) - this would take me around 10 Minutes - to adapt another pose will just take the same time - so why use a (let's say) 75% right pose.

Of course it may work - but it will look too nifty - in my opinion. And if the poses look like that - I don't give them away

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 7:06 PM

Quote -  if anyone has spare props to give schlabber that you are have made, and are happy to give unrestricted to everybody then he can make pose sets with these too.
love esther

Yes, I did this once with questors props - he allowed me to use them ... so why not ... but please state if you want them to include in a commercial product or a free product.

I did once poses for this and that prop either for store and also for free

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 7:41 PM

Wow! Those are some interesting poses in the DAN set! Cool!

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 8:49 PM

i am happy for u to do poses for commercial - and I would be very happy to send u gift certificate for costs. eg V4 on miki's motorbike
love esther

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 8:58 PM

Attached Link: motorbike

hi Schlabber, how would u like to do some poses for this one? love esther it's a honda at vanishingpoint

tabala ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2008 at 11:55 PM

Well,  here my two cents ^^
I do NOT remember You- I don't even know You because I was a far to new poser people when You left, But I KNOW Your work and it's amazing ;)

I remember two people who's work made me to start with posing myself- and one was You.
Am still sticky with V4 poses too- she IS horrible to work with, But I guess after the first 50 poses you figure out how You have to bend her so she looks pretty realistic LOL

Schön zu sehen, daß gute Dinge Weile haben und daß auch "alte Hasen" wieder zurückkommen.
Herzlich willkommen! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.